Meltdown NFC East - Cantankerous Bastards Getting a Room ©

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you asking him if he's the worst poster on the board or stating that he is? :p
I'm telling him he's the worst poster and asking him a question. But he's gone angry and calling me a name caller (what???) and also saying that I'm getting salty (the number one calling card for someone who is getting MAD)

We better leave it there before there is bodily harm done... :D

As amusing as it is seeing tiffs between people....let's TRY to keep the debate about the actual football/teams/players.

Let's try to ignore this GG clown everyone.

We had the clash of the titans brewing. LA v CN. The biggest fight news to emerge in Australia since the Adelaide Oval forked out millions for two geriatrics.

This was going to be good. Sure, no-one has the capacities to land a punch of any substance, still they would power away eyes shut arms flailing until one of them connected with his own jaw, putting him down for the count. Who knows what gems would have come out of this one? Broncos better this year? WHAMMY! Chip still GM of the year? KAPOW! We can only imagine what would have topped these epic calls.

Instead, now we've got GG playing psuedo school teacher and ruining it for the rest of the board. A momentous occasion lost. I suggest you get out of the way and let us, as the legendary wordsmiths the Wu Tang clan said, bring the mother******* ruckus.

Love how ChookNuz liked you comment yet he's the one who turned it personal :tearsofjoy:

I heard he said he could kick your ass with one hand tied behind his back, and also that Siemian sucks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute bollocks. Browns say hi. We also traded our starting QB 8 days before the season. What a dumb statement.
But the Browns are still trying to win now. The statement is fine because there comes a time when winning now is more important than anytime but the playoffs. Winning now puts a gap on your Division Rivals. Winning Now puts Philly in equal top spot. Winning Now is a good name for a racehorse.

But the Browns are still trying to win now. The statement is fine because there comes a time when winning now is more important than anytime but the playoffs. Winning now puts a gap on your Division Rivals. Winning Now puts Philly in equal top spot. Winning Now is a good name for a racehorse.

Well no they aren't because they have allowed two Pro Bowl caliber lineman to leave, traded out of pick 2 and the chance to take a franchise QB and are now trying to trade their best player. Hardly the actions of a team looking to win. The Niners are also trying to trade whatever pieces they can.

Absolute bollocks. Browns say hi. We also traded our starting QB 8 days before the season. What a dumb statement.
Even the browns are trying to win every game they can, do you think hue jackson wants to go 0-16? or any player on that team wants to be part of of a historically bad losing team? This is not the nba where one good draft pick can turn your franchise around. You even saw it last year when chip got fired and we played the Giants, we were not trying to lose the game, pat shurmer had no interest in going 0-1 as an interim head coach.

Also what does trading our starting qb have to do with what "mode" we are in? Roseman traded him because we had an undesirable situation at the position and he was very opportunistic. Losses do not give us a better first round pick next year and we are linked to trading for a good WR, so I would argue that if any team was in "win now" mode it would be us.

Well no they aren't because they have allowed two Pro Bowl caliber lineman to leave, traded out of pick 2 and the chance to take a franchise QB and are now trying to trade their best player. Hardly the actions of a team looking to win. The Niners are also trying to trade whatever pieces they can.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/10/browns_hue_jackson_we_are_not.html
http://www.espn.com/blog/san-franci...y-on-joe-staley-trade-rumors-thats-news-to-me

I am sure both teams would entertain offers for these guys or others if other teams wanted to overpay, but I think you could say that about any gm in any sport.

So you have given 2/32 teams in the league that are not in "win now" mode, do you have any more because that is a pretty small sample, it implies that 30/32 are. I tried to think of some more but every other team that sucks (Bears, Jags to name 2) are clearly do not have this mindset because it would result in people losing their jobs. Sorry to criticize every statement you have made, but its hard not to when you reply with "What a dumb statement"

For the record, I really like Chock's post above for detailed analysis. But, I agree with the both of you!
Teams are all trying to win every week.....but.....there are also teams (or front offices) who understand they're not going to win much and are more in "rebuild mode", off-loading high caliber players for high picks, and/or, reducing the cap.

Even the browns are trying to win every game they can, do you think hue jackson wants to go 0-16? or any player on that team wants to be part of of a historically bad losing team? This is not the nba where one good draft pick can turn your franchise around. You even saw it last year when chip got fired and we played the Giants, we were not trying to lose the game, pat shurmer had no interest in going 0-1 as an interim head coach.

Also what does trading our starting qb have to do with what "mode" we are in? Roseman traded him because we had an undesirable situation at the position and he was very opportunistic. Losses do not give us a better first round pick next year and we are linked to trading for a good WR, so I would argue that if any team was in "win now" mode it would be us.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/10/browns_hue_jackson_we_are_not.html
http://www.espn.com/blog/san-franci...y-on-joe-staley-trade-rumors-thats-news-to-me

I am sure both teams would entertain offers for these guys or others if other teams wanted to overpay, but I think you could say that about any gm in any sport.

So you have given 2/32 teams in the league that are not in "win now" mode, do you have any more because that is a pretty small sample, it implies that 30/32 are. I tried to think of some more but every other team that sucks (Bears, Jags to name 2) are clearly do not have this mindset because it would result in people losing their jobs. Sorry to criticize every statement you have made, but its hard not to when you reply with "What a dumb statement"

Bears, Browns, Niners are the three. But your statement was "every team is in win now mode". Jackson, Kelly and Fox are not under any job pressure either so it doesn't matter if they lose.

You're in last place, slow clap Chad.

Literally same amount of wins/losses as your Eagles and the Giants, but with the extra game being a draw. We have our bye this week. Both Giants and Eagles have had theirs.

Giants and Eagles play next week. Suffice to say, when we come out of the bye we won't be in last place in the NFC East.

But sure... good point, I suppose?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back