Meltdown NFC East - Cantankerous Bastards Getting a Room ©

Remove this Banner Ad

Not after last week's lesson. If we can't outplay Aaron Rodgers, there's no way we'd try and out-inept the Philadelphia Eagles. One mountain at a time for us.

You couldnt out play the Philadelphia Eagles this year either.

You squeaked it out in overtime after we did everything we could to let you back in. We outplayed you for the vast bulk of that game.
But at the end of the day, you still lost. Suck eggs.

But at the end of the day, you still lost. Suck eggs.

The quesiton wasnt whether we won, it was whether we outplayed you. And we did.

I can always take solace that we won as many playoff games as the Cowboys ;)

Kirk could get tagged and traded to a shoddy outfit like the 49'ers or Jets.

Tyrod Taylor would be an OK replacement for me. Different style of QB though.

Romo I heard was 75% Denver or Arizona if Palmer goes.

Kirk could get tagged and traded to a shoddy outfit like the 49'ers or Jets.

Tyrod Taylor would be an OK replacement for me. Different style of QB though.
A trade could be the best option if we end up tagging him again. I reckon if we tag Kirk for another season, we're effectively looking for a new QB. I can't see the point of going through another "put up or shut up season" and I can only seeing the front office/Cousins relationship breaking down as it draws out.

Taylor is interesting. McCloughan isn't averse to signing mobile QBs, but I'm not sure Taylor is a fit for what Jay wants.
That being said, Taylor hasn't been terrible in Buffalo and should improve with a better cast of characters. I can't see him being the guy though, but he should be serviceable in the transition between now and (hopefully) our new Super Bowl winning QB.

Either way we're still the least stable NFC East team at the QB position, as we have been for the past 20 years. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dagger5

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys
If I were you I would stick with Cousins. With the amount of teams desperate for a QB they would be envious of even him and I think he is pretty good. Not every team can have an elite QB so I would keep him and focus on improving the team elsewhere such as the running game and run blocking.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who else is there? Cousins is nowhere near his peak and is at the helm of a pretty ******* good offense.

It's not like he's got superstar playmakers like some other QB's do. He's got some good weapons but it's not as if he's being carried out there.

You'd give him a 3 year deal at least so that it wouldn't be too catastrophic if he turned out to be a compete failure

If I were you I would stick with Cousins. With the amount of teams desperate for a QB they would be envious of even him and I think he is pretty good. Not every team can have an elite QB so I would keep him and focus on improving the team elsewhere such as the running game and run blocking.
For sure. I think keeping Cousins is definitely our best option. The FA and draft pool is weak and letting Cousins move on (barring an extraordinary trade) is a backwards step. He knows the system, he's shown he's a capable QB and our problems this year weren't due to him and his performance.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Who else is there? Cousins is nowhere near his peak and is at the helm of a pretty ******* good offense.

It's not like he's got superstar playmakers like some other QB's do. He's got some good weapons but it's not as if he's being carried out there.

You'd give him a 3 year deal at least so that it wouldn't be too catastrophic if he turned out to be a compete failure
I agree on keeping him. Its not that the offence don't put up good scores, its the defence that cant contain the other side. **** me so many 3 and not outs killed us.

Cousins isn't likely to ever be a top 10 QB - but the reality is that QBs cost what they cost. If you've got one who isn't a liability to your team and who doesn't hold your offense back, you just have to pay them. As Broken says, tagging him would be a terrible move, cos it would only cause a breakdown in the relationship, and you'd end up with a QB holding the whole franchise to ransom which is the last thing you want with a QB.

Yes, guys like Flacco probably changed the game for the worse when it comes to QB pay scales. But there's no way around it. Your Dac Prescott's and Russell Wilsons (ie. QBs who can lead you deep into playoffs while on rookie money) are so few and far between. It would be absolutely foolish for Washington - or any franchise - to let a proven guy like Cousins go under the assumption that they will pick the QB who looks playoff-read from the start. You're just going to waste the team that you're spending the other $160m on if there's no QB to run it.

The Prescott vs Wentz rivalry has the chance to be something really great over the next decade

Careful now. That was literally something being said about RGIII and Foles only a few short years ago.

Tag and trade him if he won't take our offer.

Send him to the 49'ers for their rd1 and rd picks (#2 and #34) and we can take Trubisky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back