Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
NFC WEST.png

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The human sweat machine no longer HC is a PLUS.
Chip having the GM role taken from him is a PLUS.
They drafted superbly in the draft. Most superbly.
They still have the pieces of a killer D.
They still have an excellent everydown back.
Kaepernick under Chip will go crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The San Francisco Chronicle's Eric Branch questions whether Carlos Hyde will be able to hold up as Chip Kelly's workhorse back.

Branch has a point. Hyde missed two games his rookie season despite a limited workload and was sidelined nine games last year with a stress fracture in his left foot. Kelly has traditionally given his lead backs as much work as they can handle, and that should be especially true for Hyde considering what is behind him on the depth chart. That potential workload gives Hyde massive fantasy upside, but that upside will go unrealized if he cannot stay on the field.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Only one team is currently not favored to win a single game in offshore books -- the 49ers. Seems a bit unrealistic.

I had to read that statement three times to comprehend it and I'm still not certain what that it is telling me.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not good...

---------

NFL.com's Mike Silver reports Blaine Gabbert is the "heavy favorite" over Colin Kaepernick to be the 49ers' Week 1 starter.

Silver recently visited 49ers headquarters and came away with this belief. Silver called San Francisco's quarterback battle "allegedly" a competition, and indicated a matured Gabbert has won over teammates. "He's loved in this locker room," Silver said. "He did a lot of good things last year and I'd be shocked if he's not the starter in the opener." Silver suggested Gabbert could become the 49ers' next Alex Smith as a player who "resurrects himself" after early-career failure. Kaepernick (various surgeries) only recently resumed practicing and looked like a shell-shocked player with shot confidence before his benching last year.
Related: Blaine Gabbert

Source: NFL.com

Hey if I read the article without contradiction, how is it bad if Gabbert has an Alex Smith like resurrection?

I'm going to win a lot of money better 49er games this year, I can feel it in my water.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey if I read the article without contradiction, how is it bad if Gabbert has an Alex Smith like resurrection?

I'm going to win a lot of money better 49er games this year, I can feel it in my water.

Neither of them will be the long-term anyway. Both suck. Tho Kaepernick showed a lot of promise in the Harbaugh years.

Gabbert has been a train wreck as a pro....there is no denying that. But he was a high first round draft pick for a reason so the tools are there.

Who knows if the lights come on or not, if they do then all good, if not, well he will play the 49ers into a top 5 draft pick and the QB of the Future will get selected next year.

I've said all along the 49ers need to add talent on the defence and offensive line this year, let see what Kelly can do with the offense and use next year's FA and off season to fill in the gaps.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gabbert has been a train wreck as a pro....there is no denying that. But he was a high first round draft pick for a reason so the tools are there.

Who knows if the lights come on or not, if they do then all good, if not, well he will play the 49ers into a top 5 draft pick and the QB of the Future will get selected next year.

I've said all along the 49ers need to add talent on the defence and offensive line this year, let see what Kelly can do with the offense and use next year's FA and off season to fill in the gaps.
It's a slowly-slowly approach still for the Niners. Gabbert is a stop-gap. Probably more trustworthy at QB than the Kaepernick we've seen the last year or two that's for sure. He actually played pretty well (Gabbert) compared to his Jaguars years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back