NFL and 2K Sports - New Football Games

Remove this Banner Ad

This video was 5 months ago before the new info that indeed the NFLPA and 2K have struck a deal, allowing them to use the names and likenesses of all NFL players. He suspected it might happen later, so he was right, but he goes into detail more exactly what non-simulation might mean.

Essentially, the play will be authentic to football, using real names, real players, real teams, but therell be a couple aspects that will have to be put in place to ensure it satisfies non-simulation....so 7 on 7, rules wont be exact, some new rule ideas or fantastical ideas that dont exist in the NFL, no real plays from playbooks, no broadcast, and such. This should be enough, but the gameplay can still be simulation like, authentic to real life, and that will be ok.

And it could all be a way to give 2k a couple years to acclimate back to football, having a new engine and system in place to take over the exclusive license from EA 2-3 years later.

This video was 5 months ago before the new info that indeed the NFLPA and 2K have struck a deal, allowing them to use the names and likenesses of all NFL players. He suspected it might happen later, so he was right, but he goes into detail more exactly what non-simulation might mean.

Essentially, the play will be authentic to football, using real names, real players, real teams, but therell be a couple aspects that will have to be put in place to ensure it satisfies non-simulation....so 7 on 7, rules wont be exact, some new rule ideas or fantastical ideas that dont exist in the NFL, no real plays from playbooks, no broadcast, and such. This should be enough, but the gameplay can still be simulation like, authentic to real life, and that will be ok.

And it could all be a way to give 2k a couple years to acclimate back to football, having a new engine and system in place to take over the exclusive license from EA 2-3 years later.

I don't want anyone to have an exclusive license, the exact same thing we have now with EA will happen again with 2K. Don't trust any of these *ers until micro transaction gaming becomes extinct.

Ea can go * themselves off the planet for all i care i dont think 2k could approach the worseness of ea -- just in terms of gameplay abd such. Dont care if they have microtransactions for a Mut of their own, those people who want to engage in that, thats their prerogative, as long as 2k make immense gameplay and franchise modes

Ea can go fu** themselves off the planet for all i care i dont think 2k could approach the worseness of ea -- just in terms of gameplay abd such. Dont care if they have microtransactions for a Mut of their own, those people who want to engage in that, thats their prerogative, as long as 2k make immense gameplay and franchise modes

Greed kills every company. Not matter their apparent intentions. No doubt EA deserve to crash and burn, but a slow painful death over 10 or so years with no exclusive NFL rights given to any company would at least keep 2K honest for a while.

Greed kills every company. Not matter their apparent intentions. No doubt EA deserve to crash and burn, but a slow painful death over 10 or so years with no exclusive NFL rights given to any company would at least keep 2K honest for a while.
Im at least ok with 2k cos their football games were always top notch and amazing. Even if they went greedy their foundation of development, gameplay, and such would never become what ea has. Also remember, back when madden and 2k both had the license, i always hated maddens foundation, like bowling balls colliding into each other and running around like ants, their bodies swiveling left and right unrealistically and able to just move in all directions. The only reason i ever bought old maddens was spending hours playing "create a play" mode.

Im at least ok with 2k cos their football games were always top notch and amazing. Even if they went greedy their foundation of development, gameplay, and such would never become what ea has. Also remember, back when madden and 2k both had the license, i always hated maddens foundation, like bowling balls colliding into each other and running around like ants, their bodies swiveling left and right unrealistically and able to just move in all directions. The only reason i ever bought old maddens was spending hours playing "create a play" mode.

Id love for 2k to pick up right were they left off too, just saying, don't hold your breath. If they do I'll gladly be back playing an NFL game for the first time in ages.

Will probably buy their first NFL licensed franchise game regardless.

What gets me in all this, what if EA didn't win the exclusive rights license? Would this game have even been released? I doubt it. What a bunch of campaigners. Knowing they had the license so they can release any old s**t. 👎

Almost like they put in just a half arsed effort in case they didn't get it. So they didn't waste time and resources on something they no longer had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back