NFL NFL Board Best Ever Super Bowl Tournament

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular opinion

The quality wasn't great because there was always one team shitting the bed. Granted it was the greatest comeback of all time but it was hardly this massive head to head battle like 49

XXXIV all the way.

the-tackle-mike-jones-on-kevin-dyson-super-bowl-xxxiv-rams-titans.gif

:D:thumbsu:

Unpopular opinion

The quality wasn't great because there was always one team shitting the bed. Granted it was the greatest comeback of all time but it was hardly this massive head to head battle like 49

Unpopular opinion 32… sorry if facts hurt:
Brady's first half stats stunk!! But I pulled my chainsaw cord (to rip into Brady) late in the third Q that made Brady respond accordingly!! That's why the SB become the greatest comeback ever… ask balmainforever

I don't think this deserves to be right at the top.
If you just look at the stat lines, it does feel brady and Ryan would've had a great duel, but the actual game wasn't amazing throughout.

It was 3 quarters of waiting for the inevitable crowing of the Falcons, then Brady went into goat mode and flipped the script.

I could see pats fans viewing this as their greatest super bowl triumph as the comeback was of epic proportions, but it wasn't really in the balance throughout. It's just a memorable epic comeback to the rest of us.

I'm still on 49 as the best.
Had the defence in the 1st
The arm wrestle in the 2nd
The Seahawks getting on top in the 3rd
The patriots comeback in the 4th

Throw in that ridiculous sideline catch with 1 min to go.
Then seeing an epic defensive play to win it.

51 will be memorable for ways no other super bowl ever has been, and I know in 30 years I'll feel honoured to have attended a game with that script and seeing history in the making. But no, I do not believe it was the best super bowl ever unless you're viewing this from a patriots perspective.

Steelers-Cardinals still the best ever imo

Followed by in no particular order...

Patriots-Panthers
Patriots-Seahawks
Rams-Titans
Giants-Patriots #1
49ers-Bengals #1
Giants-Bills

i.e., Patriots-Falcons doesn't even crack the top 5

And that's not even factoring in all those other games that were "mostly" in the balance for most of the game like...

Broncos-Packers
Saints-Colts
Packers-Steelers
Patriots-Eagles
Giants-Patriots #2
Patriots-Rams
Steelers-Cowboys #1 and #2
Steelers-Rams

If anything, the Patriots-Falcons game would be on the same tier as the Ravens-49ers game.

Unpopular opinion 32… sorry if facts hurt:
Brady's first half stats stunk!! But I pulled my chainsaw cord (to rip into Brady) late in the third Q that made Brady respond accordingly!! That's why the SB become the greatest comeback ever… ask balmainforever
Despite moving the ball, the Patriots O didn't play well in the first half. As per usual, spot on Woodson.

Yeah agree that 49 much better than 51

I'm sure that 51 would of got more universal love if was MVP Ryan doing what Brady did… flip roles.. then you'd have a new dynamic story but still, the way it panned out.. it was ONE for the AGES… no doubt. Still disappointing that the unheralded Pats D not getting their dues… it's all Brady, Brady, Brady.. to some. Glad that Brady gave massive props to his teammates. How funny was the Mark Wahlberg walk out story? :D:D:D Throwing his son under a bus..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure that 51 would of got more universal love if was MVP Ryan doing what Brady did… flip roles.. then you'd have a new dynamic story but still, the way it panned out.. it was ONE for the AGES… no doubt. Still disappointing that the unheralded Pats D not getting their dues… it's all Brady, Brady, Brady.. to some. Glad that Brady gave massive props to his teammates. How funny was the Mark Wahlberg walk out story? :D:D:D Throwing his son under a bus..

Yeah don't we know. Mark Wahlberg lol don't remember him wearing pats hats in his Calvin Klein days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back