NFL Combine

Remove this Banner Ad

Ulterior motive to what...?

join the NFL... explain your thoughts....

Im here an seeing most of it.... bloody monsters hauling arse over 40 yards....

some bloke just pumped out 49 reps @ 225 pounds..... ( Paea i think.. OL)

Id shoot stuff out my bunghole pushing that much once....:eek:

Its fun to watch these athletes push themselves...

What you think Balme and Wellsy looking for....

genuinely interested in thoughts...:thumbsu::D

maybe the AFL combine?

Always up for a good ulterior motive theory, but I can't quite unpick this one. A gander at a possible project player or two maybe? C'mon Jim Boy let us in on your theory?

Whatever the motive is let's hope they come back with something that is beneficial. I know the flagpies reckon Malthouse picked-up a few on field strategies from his time with the Manchester United brains trust last year.

Lot of talent over there that doesn't get picked up. What did the American Pie say , he thinks there would be at least 100,000 guys with his "athletic" profile.
Lets face it we are putting ex Aust Basketballers on list like Bathie , if you are going to roll the dice why not someone with a NicNat type body/leap etc. LeBron would have made one hell of ruckman, imo

Lot of talent over there that doesn't get picked up. What did the American Pie say , he thinks there would be at least 100,000 guys with his "athletic" profile.
Lets face it we are putting ex Aust Basketballers on list like Bathie , if you are going to roll the dice why not someone with a NicNat type body/leap etc. LeBron would have made one hell of ruckman, imo
Oh yeah...........not to mention a Blake Griffin or Dwight Howard type......................

And he'd move half way around the world to play for about 5% of what he earns at home?;)

The concept is a worthy one and if we can snag a player or two out of it I'm all for it. But the talent recognition program in the US is so much better than ours the likelihood of getting a LeBron is zero.

We might gather some useful data on their talent recognition program though. Which is probably the main reason they're there.

And he'd move half way around the world to play for about 5% of what he earns at home?;)

The concept is a worthy one and if we can snag a player or two out of it I'm all for it. But the talent recognition program in the US is so much better than ours the likelihood of getting a LeBron is zero.

We might gather some useful data on their talent recognition program though. Which is probably the main reason they're there.

well were not gonna get a lebron, however we could get someone who misses out on getting picked up that still has athletic ability higher than that of the projects players that are currently picked up in the afl.

dont know how many people will actually get listed from the usa, or if any of them will ever turn out to be quality players, but i like the idea, and all clubs will be giving up is a rookie spot i assume so no real loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back