NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Heidelberg to fight relegation too?!

Massive win from the Boro on the weekend. Something is certainly amiss down at Warringal Park at the moment.

Also a big win from Hurstbridge, they've been pretty good this year so far.

And Eltham's response to their last qtr against Bundoora was pretty good, not sure anyone would have given them a chance against Macleod.

They'll all be 8 point games from here on in when the bottom 4/5 play each other, it's anyone's guess, one poor day could be very costly, there doesn't appear to be anyone sticking out as a clear relegation certainty at the moment.

Makes for an exciting season.

Monty losing their last three is a concern.

With their reserves and under 19s both winless, thats trouble.

A real smokey for relegation in my opinion

Massive win from the Boro on the weekend. Something is certainly amiss down at Warringal Park at the moment.

Also a big win from Hurstbridge, they've been pretty good this year so far.

And Eltham's response to their last qtr against Bundoora was pretty good, not sure anyone would have given them a chance against Macleod.

They'll all be 8 point games from here on in when the bottom 4/5 play each other, it's anyone's guess, one poor day could be very costly, there doesn't appear to be anyone sticking out as a clear relegation certainty at the moment.

Makes for an exciting season.

Agree, makes for great season as it looks like top 4 is already set and from Monty (currently 5th) down to Boro (currently last) there is no clear team that can be picked as relegation certainties. As you said some classic 8 point games coming up.

I don't think so ? Can't remember NH ever winning the 1st Division flag and getting relegated the following season.....
IT didn't
I don't think so ? Can't remember NH ever winning the 1st Division flag and getting relegated the following season.....

say the following season did it. (Who was the last Div 1 reigning premier to get relegated)

Where has that parasite Notablowie been? What is going on at Heid? Ones struggling and twos got smashed today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_0545.jpg Bit of time on my hands for a chilly Sunday morning, thought I'd have a play with the ladder predictor. Obviously all speculative but regardless I think come round 18 there will be some genuine nervous supporters out there.

What will Heidelberg do next year once their salary cap halves??? Will players be willing to take a 50% pay cut and not play in the best division in the league?
Banyule would smash them, relegation will see a big walkout
You sir are a moron!

Just had a look, they were missing 10 senior premiership players yesterday through injury.. do that to any team and they will struggle
Macleod had 8 out from GF side. Perhaps the other 2 made all the difference. Seconds at HFC would be the bigger worry 100+ defeat. All sides have injuries at this stage of the year. The strength of your back ups here are being tested.

I am by no means saying Heidelberg would have won or deserved to win against Macleod, Macleod were great and even without Brandt, Lynch and Leggett, just stating a reason why they are struggling in the first part of the season.. 10 mostly top end players. Anyone know if or when they are coming back? They could really use those boys that left!

The concerning thing for Heidelberg is that although they had quite a few missing Premiership players, they were nearly maxed out on Points using 44 out of 45 points. Unless the players missing are 1 pointers, how do they fit everyone into the cap when all fit & firing ?
The have beaten Eltham and Mont, 2 teams earmarked for relegation by a lot of people on here.
When was the last time they missed finals ?

The concerning thing for Heidelberg is that although they had quite a few missing Premiership players, they were nearly maxed out on Points using 44 out of 45 points. Unless the players missing are 1 pointers, how do they fit everyone into the cap when all fit & firing ?
The have beaten Eltham and Mont, 2 teams earmarked for relegation by a lot of people on here.
When was the last time they missed finals ?

Sorry I forgot about 2015.......prior to that must have been 15+ years ago.....
Northcote Park, Bundoora, then West Preston over the next 3 rounds. They would want to snag 1 of those and come home strongly without dropping games against other sides currently out of the top 5. Wowsers.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back