NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it'll be a fight between the bottom 4, in no particular order;

Eltham- Once again a little disappointing with recruiting from within the club, probably have too many kids.

Mont- Not much coming from them regarding signings and have had a bit of bad traffic on here.

Whittlesea- The only jewel to their crown this offseason is that spanner Atkins and plus they lose Dyson (probably past it)

Hurstbridge- No matter how well you recruit, the first year of jumping to division one is one of the hardest.

Think it'll be a fight between the bottom 4, in no particular order;

Eltham- Once again a little disappointing with recruiting from within the club, probably have too many kids.

Mont- Not much coming from them regarding signings and have had a bit of bad traffic on here.

Whittlesea- The only jewel to their crown this offseason is that spanner Atkins and plus they lose Dyson (probably past it)

Hurstbridge- No matter how well you recruit, the first year of jumping to division one is one of the hardest.

I think you'll find eltham has recruited quite well with another couple of possible big recruits close.
But I think Heidelberg and Bundoora will be miles ahead with their work in the off season.
Will be interesting to see how West go, they are renound for recruiting ex AFL players and never really seeing their full potential. With Rodan, Karnezis, Saad and I am hearing whispers they might also be getting a high flying ex Carlton player, could they push their way up?

I think you'll find eltham has recruited quite well with another couple of possible big recruits close.
But I think Heidelberg and Bundoora will be miles ahead with their work in the off season.
Will be interesting to see how West go, they are renound for recruiting ex AFL players and never really seeing their full potential. With Rodan, Karnezis, Saad and I am hearing whispers they might also be getting a high flying ex Carlton player, could they push their way up?
Rose tinted glasses ;)

No

Have heard things coming from eltham with signings, they had an ordinary year last year but dogged by injury, a new look side for 2017 looks to be a more successful one

Some interesting observations. People forget Mont were knocking on the door for finals last season, new year though, I think it's going to be massively competitive again.

Agree, I don't think you can take any team lightly. If you retain the core of your team and they are mainly under 25 years of age, you should expect natural improvement. Having a stab, but I think WP, NP & Mont may be the 3 teams that might slide. Panther remaining coy, Macleod sticking to the program, Slime relying on successful youth, Heidelberg topping up, Bundoora also topping up.
Still think Hurstbridge & Whittlesea will round out the bottom 2

Agree, I don't think you can take any team lightly. If you retain the core of your team and they are mainly under 25 years of age, you should expect natural improvement. Having a stab, but I think WP, NP & Mont may be the 3 teams that might slide. Panther remaining coy, Macleod sticking to the program, Slime relying on successful youth, Heidelberg topping up, Bundoora also topping up.
Still think Hurstbridge & Whittlesea will round out the bottom 2
Not sure about "sticking to the program", just paid megabucks for the bloke they left out of the grand final.

huge pick up for hurstbridge getting grimes, not too sure if it's enough to keep them up in division one though, massive step up from div two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about "sticking to the program", just paid megabucks for the bloke they left out of the grand final.

Being paid nearly double what Banyule offered ($500 and an apprenticeship)
Hear that Macleod even had a "fundraiser" on the weekend. Unusual for December I would have thought, guess they have to raise the coin for his wage somehow

You seem to be in the know......please tell me what "megabucks" actually equates to in AUD$ per game ?
AUD$ Plenty, mate i think it is good that Mcleod are having a crack and spending a bit of dough, will give themselves every chance next year. It is just annoying when you keep rolling out this line that they are somehow different to everyone else.

AUD$ Plenty, mate i think it is good that Mcleod are having a crack and spending a bit of dough, will give themselves every chance next year. It is just annoying when you keep rolling out this line that they are somehow different to everyone else.

Jack Langford is home grown mate and if he getting paid what is being rumoured (and I highly doubt it), then it's probably a smart investment. No AFL recruits down at De Winton and developing within. Tried & proven and completely different to most clubs in D1 I would think.
As for the fund raiser, I think it's good for the club to come together in the off season to raise to money. From all reports, was a nice way to end the year with some Christmas cheer.

Jack Langford is home grown mate and if he getting paid what is being rumoured (and I highly doubt it), then it's probably a smart investment. No AFL recruits down at De Winton and developing within. Tried & proven and completely different to most clubs in D1 I would think.
As for the fund raiser, I think it's good for the club to come together in the off season to raise to money. From all reports, was a nice way to end the year with some Christmas cheer.

He played his juniors at Banyule if I am not mistaken?? Close enough to De Winton. Home grown mate.

He must have wanted to get paid for the grand final then, being the reason he was left out. To think Lynch was played instead...

didn't play because he was committed to essendon vfl this season only played 3-4 games at macleod! and unlike some clubs team culture actually exists at macleod don't just drop players that have given there all for a whole season because someones vfl/TAC CUP commitments have finished for the year!!! could be a reason why theres about 6 blokes running down the path at the cave at the moment!! JUST SAYING

So how do u explain 2015 when they dropped Doherty for him, as for the culture at the cave, Vasa was a great investment, Tassa couldn't get out quick enough, offered bid money to a stack of mid thirties players from HFC all at the expense of the so called crop of superstars you flogs keep talking up.

So how do u explain 2015 when they dropped Doherty for him, as for the culture at the cave, Vasa was a great investment, Tassa couldn't get out quick enough, offered bid money to a stack of mid thirties players from HFC all at the expense of the so called crop of superstars you flogs keep talking up.

Over pay for blokes and can only beat bottom 2 teams and turn it around by playing the kids, was the lesson learnt? No, we will go back out there and throw brocky' cash around again instead of investing in the talent they have. A handful of blokes who couldn't hack it at heidelberg and earn a game won't be the solution. Although I will say the big forward from eltham will be very handy for the big coin and cushy job he was given but still won't be the best fwd in the league.

Over pay for blokes and can only beat bottom 2 teams and turn it around by playing the kids, was the lesson learnt? No, we will go back out there and throw brocky' cash around again instead of investing in the talent they have. A handful of blokes who couldn't hack it at heidelberg and earn a game won't be the solution. Although I will say the big forward from eltham will be very handy for the big coin and cushy job he was given but still won't be the best fwd in the league.
Who will be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back