NFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive week coming up with much more conventional conditions for Saturday arvo footy

NP by 15 points
WPL by 22 points
MAC by 46 points
BUN by 8 points
MONT by 16 points

Hursty in serious trouble and could be battling out with Whitt for relegation. No depth, and clearly recruited to have a tilt at playing finals this year by going and getting 5 blokes over 30.
Too old and slow I think

Last edited:

Hursty in serious trouble and could be battling out with Whitt for relegation. No depth, and clearly recruited to have a tilt at playing finals this year by going and getting 5 blokes over 30.
Too old and slow I think

Getting done by 1 point against a finals contender away from home is hardly signs of "serious trouble". No easy games in D1 and results generally reflect attitude on the day.

Could be one of the most even seasons for some time. With only 2 rounds done and only 1 team undefeated it looks like a case of if you are a ltlle bit off or have a few injuries you will drop games.
North Heidelberg and Heidelberg are both at their limit with points so can only bring in good players if they drop good players (similar points). Bundoora are suffering badly with injuries with probably about 6 of last years GF team out and new recruits injured or suspended. Hurstbridge seem to have the same issue as last year, they may have recriuted top forward but there backline were poor last year and are already giving up big scores. Greensgorough look a real contender with a few good recruits and a good coach and game plan.

North Heidelberg and Heidelberg are both at their limit with points so can only bring in good players if they drop good players (similar points). QUOTE]

Good players are not necessarily high points players. eg Paul Bower was a one point player last year (before he left). Shane Harvey is a one point player - both arguable in the best half dozen in the league.

Off to Shelley Park this week to see North Heidelberg for the first time in D1. A fair bit of talk around Hurstbridge and how their list falls away sharply which I reckon might be the case with North as well.
Hopefully they can match Round 1s performance and make it a quality watching day.

The line about going back to grass roots and playing with family for no coin didn’t sound all that believable when it was bandied around in February and it’s even less believable now.
Maybe he has a 3rd cousin playing in Tassie...?
Didn't hear the talk he was only playing home games for bugger all and selling himself on away games ala fev and aka? Story had been around a loooong time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bundoora have to be very careful they aren’t too far back before they get all there players back. More injuries today aswell. If the 3 that were injured today don’t play next week they would have 10-12 of there best 22 not playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you list the injured players ?.
Hughes
Simpson
Dyson
Furlong
Gilbert
Keating
Bamblett
Younan didn’t play
Ajula didn’t play
Jai burns
Camusiano
Slater
Moorcroft and Marshall only played 1 quarter today and Dennis went off injured just into the 3rd
I don’t care who’s you are if you have that many quality players not playing you aren’t going to win too many games

Last edited:
Hughes
Simpson
Dyson
Furlong
Gilbert
Keating
Bamblett
Younan didn’t play
Ajula didn’t play
Jai burns
Camusiano
Slater
Moorcroft and Marshall only played 1 quarter today and Dennis went off injured just into the 3rd
I don’t care who’s you are if you have that many quality players not playing you aren’t going to win too many games
That's a fair list you've compiled there...makes it tough to get those important early season wins which can set up your whole season.

Early doors people were asking how can Bundoora fit all these new players in.... now with all the injuries it's really testing their depth. I hope they can get a few back quickly and be the force everyone expects them to be.

With the side Monty fielded on the weekend I wouldn’t think too many sides would get near them apart from maybe Macleod. midfield/forward depth was unbelievable
Agreed. Were pretty impressive and I think would’ve still given a full strength Bundoora a run for their money and probably still of had a win.

Hughes
Simpson
Dyson
Furlong
Gilbert
Keating
Bamblett
Younan didn’t play
Ajula didn’t play
Jai burns
Camusiano
Slater
Just watched the video and Mont look pretty impressive !!. Also hope Marshall is ok that looked like a horrendous fall in the 1st Q and was lucky not to break his neck.

Getting done by 1 point against a finals contender away from home is hardly signs of "serious trouble". No easy games in D1 and results generally reflect attitude on the day.
Only 3 rounds in, and they have played some quality opposition but Hursty at home (with T Cloke) may not be as formidable as most (definitely myself) thought. 78 and 63 point losses at home.

Bit of trivia for the North Heidelberg supporters. North started in the DVFL in 1958. Prior to that they were a junior club with teams in the PDJFA. Coming up to the 60th anniversary of their first win as a senior club.

Round 4 - May 3rd, 1958
North Heidelberg 10.18.78
South Morang 6.12.48

North won the premiership in 1962 in their 90th game in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back