NFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw both games today and yesterday (only the first part of today)

Macleod are very good. Big bodied and strong inside, tackle hard and really wear you down. I thought they controlled majority of the game but for about 20 mins in the third when north broke it open. North are very good when they can get it on the outside and go. Credit to north for being able to pile on so many goals in the third when they had the momentum.

Saad was unbelievable. Gonna be a great finish to the season. I think Macleod are clearly #1, but either WPL or north could get them on their day. I’m gonna say Macleod vs West.

Probably started blowing a gale knowing preston

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No not much of wind to speak of. I saw Bundoora had a couple of injuries and looked cooked, but West were just too good in the end and they couldnt stop Saad.

Thoughts about tomorrow are that if the sun was going to be sunshine i would leaned towards west, however due to the forecast rain and overcast conditions i lean to the dogs. just.

anyone get the reason of teams naming 25 or 28 players? every club would know who is playing now, just a bit of gamesmanship i presume? Might be just me but i dont get the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone get the reason of teams naming 25 or 28 players? every club would know who is playing now, just a bit of gamesmanship i presume? Might be just me but i dont get the point.
I like the idea especially with Grand Final sides. Look at Lower Plenty, they named 3 young players as emergencies which tells them they were close but it also rewards them for their contribution for the year and to feel part of the team even if it is only in a small way.

Last edited:
Didn't have a great day did he!! Speaking of not great, any sparkies that can spare a few minutes and head to Cramer st tomorrow? The so called "siren" is shocking, surprised it wasn't fixed during the week.

Might have played a difference in the div 2 decider today if anyone more than 5 metres away from the siren could actually hear it..
Embarrassing for the NFNL really..

Might have played a difference in the div 2 decider today if anyone more than 5 metres away from the siren could actually hear it..
Embarrassing for the NFNL really..
I could hear it easily but might be different on field but certainly sounded loud enough. Ball looks to hit just as he kicked it so bloody to close to call.

Not the way Nth wanted to end there season, but outclassed today.
Exceeded expectations of everyone by making a prelim, won a final and were very competitive against Macleod.
One horrible quarter today and never really looked like mounting a fightback.
West Preston can win next week and might even get Thorpe back.

Going to be a cracker of a game on Saturday, weather forecast looks as though it is going to be another windy day. Can Macleod get the monkey off their back? Thorpe looks like he will play as Williamstown missed out on making the GF today. He will be looking to make amends as he just missed a goal to win the game just before the siren. 35 out on an angle.

Going to be a cracker of a game on Saturday, weather forecast looks as though it is going to be another windy day. Can Macleod get the monkey off their back? Thorpe looks like he will play as Williamstown missed out on making the GF today. He will be looking to make amends as he just missed a goal to win the game just before the siren. 35 out on an angle.

Not ideal having having a couple of hammy’s today. We will have Hobbs out with the same injury - bit of a shame not having the best players available

A bit surprised to see Harvey play the first half of the game on the wing our half back. He kicked goals in the second half but they had no forward in the first half and the damage was done. Was this usual? Or something tried in this final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back