NFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about any self doubt from 2016, Bergers clearly the best side. Anyway Mac has been the best team this year and will win. All they had to do was hold on to their list with the points kicking in, best of a bad bunch really. Even an unhappy coach and his appointment at Mont shouldn't have to much affect.

FFT, what is your opinion on the current standard of Div.1?

I hadn't watched it for 7yrs unfortunately, and although the speed of the game has certainly increased I am not sure if the standard has.

When you look at the great Northcote Park and Heidelberg teams over the past 15 or so years, on paper they look a lot stronger than todays finalists. In saying that, we all think the game was better when we played it as we get older :)

I hadn't watched it for 7yrs unfortunately, and although the speed of the game has certainly increased I am not sure if the standard has.

When you look at the great Northcote Park and Heidelberg teams over the past 15 or so years, on paper they look a lot stronger than todays finalists. In saying that, we all think the game was better when we played it as we get older :)
I agree fridgey to a certain extent different styles of footy these days with more system over 1v1 match ups. I remember watching legends at North like Heatley, Martello, Dean, Powell And Gray. Maybe in time this generation will speak of these players in the same light.

Are we being serious ? I could write a book on the pros and cons of the current points system and clearly the way it is designed at the moment over time the standard will drop. Whether that is a good or bad thing is another argument. Put it this way how do you think Nth 2005 would go against Mac or WP ?

QUOTE="food for thought, post: 58011937, member: 87522"]Are we being serious ? I could write a book on the pros and cons of the current points system and clearly the way it is designed at the moment over time the standard will drop. Whether that is a good or bad thing is another argument. Put it this way how do you think Nth 2005 would go against Mac or WP ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we had a decent team and were the 2nd best team all year.

In those days you had big rucks, big forwards and big backs.

Completely different game style now.

Why does the league not do team of the year presentation at the vote count?

Most competitions acknowledge the team of the years. Think it’s a great honour and to get a oh your plaque is at league hq next week for pick up is a bit of a let down.

Clearly the umpires don’t have much of a clue given more than half that side got polled under 8 votes. Honestly does not reflect and make you question what they look at?

Football knows nothing about what's owed but McLeod win, they just win. Too much motivation not to. Lost the 2 grand finals, is the better the team, have genuine stars across all lines, coach leaving.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
guess I was wrong

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

seems Macleod may benefit from a premier league type format where the highest ranked team at seasons end takes home the trophy.

I don’t think the current finals format is working for them.

Now that the GF is done and dusted, will Ramsay be announced as Mont coach? Or will he be heading to Southport in Qld. Apparently a rather substantial offer was on the cards. If not, Tranqilli from Doncaster has been mentioned in dispatches as a potential coach. Some at Mont seem to think it’s a done deal and Gary will be their new coach.

Geez, tough loss for Macleod. Feel for them. I know a few blokes at West, great stuff. Huge win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas Hobbs withdrawing pre game wouldnt have helped. Yes, they need a good tap ruckman as well

Withdrew at 10 past 6 on Tuesday not today.
Interesting few months ahead. A few boys knocked back some big coin up bush I'm led to believe this season, sure they'll be tempted again. Easy to be critical but credit to them for giving themselves the opportunity the last 4 years

A club has never needed a good ruckman more than Mac. 3 times in a row the games have been influenced so heavily by the dominance of the oppo ruckman.

Hats off to the NFNL - The match reports posted online, photography from NWM sports, the even spread of coverage for clubs and commentary week in week out is first class. I’m sure they don’t have a massive budget and they do a great job showcasing the league with what they’ve got.

BUT PLEASE stop with the overuse of nicknames when commentating. I had to mute the commentary today with the amount of times they used nicknames for the Macleod players.

Hopefully Gary takes his recent grand finals records to mont when he goes there. Not a dig at Gary seems like a genuine fella and only hear good things about him but reckon mont might need someone without that monkey on there back. Funny for the rest of us though.

1 flag in 4 years there with the best list isn’t what they need maybe he just got to Macleod at the right time with the right list and couldn’t get the job done again.
Happy to be shut down just creating some discussion

Who will coach Macleod?? You’d think with a few retirements at Macleod and perhaps some moving on, this next appointment will be critical to them remaining a contender. I’m pretty sure a lot of blokes remained at or came to Macleod due to Gary, so next coach will need to be bringing more than a positive attitude and good game plan. Would Vin Datoli be on their radar? Justin Whitcher perhaps, Phil Plunkets name has popped up for another job. At the very least the next couple of weeks should keep things active on here.

Who will coach Macleod?? You’d think with a few retirements at Macleod and perhaps some moving on, this next appointment will be critical to them remaining a contender. I’m pretty sure a lot of blokes remained at or came to Macleod due to Gary, so next coach will need to be bringing more than a positive attitude and good game plan. Would Vin Datoli be on their radar? Justin Whitcher perhaps, Phil Plunkets name has popped up for another job. At the very least the next couple of weeks should keep things active on here.

Here’s one from left field... Jess Sinclair

Definately a busy couple of weeks with some of the biggest and most succesful clubs in the league looking a new coach. You can throw Bundoora into the mix too. The rumour is that Dyson is moving on after being offered a position at a higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back