NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats going on with whittlesea?

Easily accounted for eltham to finish off the season last year and now look to have gone backwards.

In the reserves i noticed they fielded a side of 18 in round 1 and then lost by 20 goals to Bundoora (who lost the majority of their 2's to south morang), troubling signs

If Whittlesea get injuries are they cooked? On current form you would have to say Lower plenty would fancy themselves against the eagles, especially at para road.

dont think they are going too bad, lost to Northcote park by 20 points away, and got smashed by Bundoora but only 2-3 goals more to what they beat west by, who are supposed to be a top 2 team.

^^:)

It is NOT on the website, thats what I was trying to say, they removed it. The fact you have a download is great :thumbsu: but not the point. :confused:

Anyway, some great footage on the NFL website for ROUND 2.

It hasn't been downloaded. the link is just there. they haven't killed the link. that was the point I was making.

Anyone know what's up with Conlon Gunn? He's been dropped this week for Boro, but I never saw him get injured or anything last week against Northcote.

Any news from mid-week?

Anyone know what's up with Conlon Gunn? He's been dropped this week for Boro, but I never saw him get injured or anything last week against Northcote.

Any news from mid-week?

The grass is to long currently and he cannot see over the top of it.....

Also I hear he is signing autographs from the photo on the front page of the NFL website......

:D:D:D

They Say - ANZAC day has hampered the rumor mill
I Say - Eltham over Lower by 3
I Say - Greensborough over the eagles by 8
I Say - Northcote over Heidelberg by 4
I Say - Bundoora over Macleod by 10
I Say - Mont to beat West just by a kick

I'm guessing that someone from the NFL is monitoring this blog so my question is to you....why can't we have the NFL website updated with all scores and ladders immediately after each result? ...Is it really that hard?....Just throwing it out there, but couldn't you just ask the goal umpires (after the score has been agreed upon) to make a quick call into the NFL HQ with the scores then you guys could then update the website?....Am I being unreasonable? The Mont/WP game started 4 hours ago...Are they still playing or have you dropped the ball again?

I'm guessing that someone from the NFL is monitoring this blog so my question is to you....why can't we have the NFL website updated with all scores and ladders immediately after each result? ...Is it really that hard?....Just throwing it out there, but couldn't you just ask the goal umpires (after the score has been agreed upon) to make a quick call into the NFL HQ with the scores then you guys could then update the website?....Am I being unreasonable? The Mont/WP game started 4 hours ago...Are they still playing or have you dropped the ball again?

My understanding of this problem is in two parts, 1 the new NFL website will go on-line second week of May this should improve the viewing and website speed. 2 NFL passes on details to sporting pulse who updates all leagues, at the moment NFL clubs seemed very slow on passing on details to NFL who then have to wait until sporting pulse updates. I agree with All washed up, it should be better

Poor old Mont. Star studded lineup, huge player payment bill, big fancy scoreboard,fancy lights,massive head wobbles and come the pointy end they still might miss out! Then all they'll be left with is a massive scoreboard, fancy lights and no money to pay the power bills let alone match payments!

Another cracking day at the Nest with "big fancy scoreboard and fancy lights". Put on a really good show for the local community and somehow scrambled the four points. AHM are you from Lower or maybe Borough? There's a tinge of green (read jealousy) in your posts. :cool:

Another cracking day at the Nest with "big fancy scoreboard and fancy lights". Put on a really good show for the local community and somehow scrambled the four points. AHM are you from Lower or maybe Borough? There's a tinge of green (read jealousy) in your posts. :cool:

Sorry Borough bit of tongue in cheek there whoever AHB is, they're Lower and how'd they go today hmmmmm? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding of this problem is in two parts, 1 the new NFL website will go on-line second week of May this should improve the viewing and website speed. 2 NFL passes on details to sporting pulse who updates all leagues, at the moment NFL clubs seemed very slow on passing on details to NFL who then have to wait until sporting pulse updates. I agree with All washed up, it should be better

Mont are notoriousy slow in submitting results to sportingpulse, whether its a twilight game or not

There is a service out there that can offer live scores around all grounds as they happen. Goal umpires or time keepers can update the scores very simply and they are automatically broadcast. Our company has trialed the system during the "Best of the Best" tournament over all three grounds and it is sensational. Several leagues are currently using it now and we have approached the NFL about adding the technology to the competition - unfortunately they are not too excited about it?

For all scores immediately after games direct to your phone Sports Support has developed the local score board. Have a look at www.sportssupport.com.au and click on the bottom left tile. Some simple details and you won't need to be at a computer to get all the updates. And it's FREE.

There is a service out there that can offer live scores around all grounds as they happen. Goal umpires or time keepers can update the scores very simply and they are automatically broadcast. Our company has trialed the system during the "Best of the Best" tournament over all three grounds and it is sensational. Several leagues are currently using it now and we have approached the NFL about adding the technology to the competition - unfortunately they are not too excited about it?

For all scores immediately after games direct to your phone Sports Support has developed the local score board. Have a look at www.sportssupport.com.au and click on the bottom left tile. Some simple details and you won't need to be at a computer to get all the updates. And it's FREE.

Ammos now have an app that is available on iPhone, iPad that gives live scores of every game in all 7 senior sections. Has been a massive success with over 3000 downloads, maybe the nfl can look into it

I am not smashing the Umps here as from what I have seen live and watched on the web they are doing a good job. However I have a little issue with the play-on advantage rule. I have noticed a few times (live and watching a few 1/4s on the net) that Umps do not seem to pay it similar to AFL. I was under the impression that the new interpretation adopted by AFL was also in with NFL.

It is a hard rule to interpret and even AFL umps make errors with it but I have seen a few occasions where I would have thought play-on could have been called only for the game to be stopped and ball brought back.

Looked to be nowhere near the same crowd as the Eltham game

Someone from Mont said they would get the same crowd even if Eltham were not the opponent.

Who said that???

There was never an expectation we'd get as big a crowd as Eltham. The big games as far as attendance is always Eltham, Boro, Bundoora. Closely followed by Bergs.

However the crowd we did get - was HUGE compared to a normal 2:10pm start against West.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back