NFL Div 2 2017

luvlocalfuty

Debutant
May 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I will take that your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek.
No its not. What i hear is he being courted by clubs in both div 1 and 2. 6 or so clubs makes me question his character. Not sure he has left any of those clubs on good terms or with good words said about him. If this is true why would you chase him? And for big coin. No match winner but maybe the timing right to go back to lower and help them get back up.

Brutal

Club Legend
Apr 13, 2006
Heidelberg Heights
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lower Plenty
No its not. What i hear is he being courted by clubs in both div 1 and 2. 6 or so clubs makes me question his character. Not sure he has left any of those clubs on good terms or with good words said about him. If this is true why would you chase him? And for big coin. No match winner but maybe the timing right to go back to lower and help them get back up.
I don't think he's the type to go back just to help out. I think it's $$$ first and success second. Sentiment does not play a part.

TA25

Debutant
Jan 11, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
With the inclusions of Reservoir and Laurimer to Div 3, is it too early to start thinking about a 10 team Division 2 for 2017?

No Div 2 relegation for 2016 and both Div 3 grand finalist come up.

Obviously a 10 team comp is perfect in an 18 game season, playing each team twice.

I'd suspect the top two Division 3 teams wouldn't be too far out of their depth in taking on the bottom four Div 2 teams.

Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
With the inclusions of Reservoir and Laurimer to Div 3, is it too early to start thinking about a 10 team Division 2 for 2017?

No Div 2 relegation for 2016 and both Div 3 grand finalist come up.

Obviously a 10 team comp is perfect in an 18 game season, playing each team twice.

I'd suspect the top two Division 3 teams wouldn't be too far out of their depth in taking on the bottom four Div 2 teams.

2 years in a row with no relegation from Div 2? Doubtful.

Pashn4footy

Cancelled
May 8, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
No relegation means less competitive footy in later rounds. Nothing to lose for the bottom sides. Just my input Drainbead.

I presumed TA was talking about ten teams for 2018 as well. No chance it happens for next season.
Whats wrong with implementing the VAFA system? Bottom 2 relegated and grand finalists get promoted.

TA25

Debutant
Jan 11, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think there's much lost by having consecutive years without relegation.

If it is to happen though the league will need to make the announcement pretty soon so that all clubs know what to expect.

I'm keen to see the division grow as soon as possible. I don't see any need or benefit to holding off until 2018.

Judds Jets

Rookie
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Can anyone tell me how Luke Edmondson went this year for North Heidelberg?
Watched him play a few games at East Geelong a couple of years back and had some serious talent.

Dubai Man

Senior List
Apr 28, 2009
Many Miles Away
AFL Club
Geelong
Can anyone tell me how Luke Edmondson went this year for North Heidelberg?
Watched him play a few games at East Geelong a couple of years back and had some serious talent.
A bit slow to get going but played some ok footy in defence, a good guy but had some personal issues to deal with & left halfway through the year.

Regular Punter

Team Captain
Feb 15, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watsonia attempting to replenish their list with Div 1 reserves players by the looks of their recent signings. With the core of their premiership team moving on Watsy may find it pretty tough to adjust unless they sign another 3-4 players, preferably with division 1 and 2 experience. It looks like it is going to be a stronger Div 2 next season.

Loyalty gets tested by individuals from clubs in a premiership year when there is promotion involved....

Local Star

Rookie
Nov 16, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Watsonia attempting to replenish their list with Div 1 reserves players by the looks of their recent signings. With the core of their premiership team moving on Watsy may find it pretty tough to adjust unless they sign another 3-4 players, preferably with division 1 and 2 experience. It looks like it is going to be a stronger Div 2 next season.

Loyalty gets tested by individuals from clubs in a premiership year when there is promotion involved....

Credit to them for having a crack. Any new key signings from any clubs ? Too quiet on here fellas.

Solatium

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2009
Elysium Fields
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watsonia attempting to replenish their list with Div 1 reserves players by the looks of their recent signings.
Young an ex Watsy boy returning after a solid stint at Heidelberg including a senior grand final and two reserves premierships. Strong overhead and a proven goal kicker. Providing he stays injury free should be prominent in Divvy 2.

Back