NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith to craigieburn, was he captain for this season?
King to bundy ? My mail is he was very critical of Hughes dowell sealy last year when they made the move over !

Have lalor made any ins at all ?
New coach wont bring many if any. Bloods look doomed. Not everyone would be upset at that

New coach wont bring many if any. Bloods look doomed. Not everyone would be upset at that
In the words of your avatar, turn it up. Never a good situation when any club is on the verge or is forced to shut it's doors. Plenty of good people put time into running a club and deserve a team on the park to reward those efforts.

Seriously? Panther will s**t it in.

Will Glasgow be back?

Add that to the other pick ups and I reckon most teams will struggle to get within 50 points

Certainty panthers will be flag favourites. Diamo will give them a fair run. Can’t ignore Thomastown now, after there signings. The ruckman from officer is a great kid and boy can he play. How is watsy looking ? Banyule will survive.

Who ever ran lalor the past three years, they should be ashamed of themselves. RIP lalor.
Very harsh comment. Ppl who are voluntarily helping out at any club shouldnt be shamed. Should be the ones that arent helping around any football clubs when in need who she be potted. Im not just talking about lalor either. Any voluntary organisations

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Very harsh comment. Ppl who are voluntarily helping out at any club shouldnt be shamed. Should be the ones that arent helping around any football clubs when in need who she be potted. Im not just talking about lalor either. Any voluntary organisations

Correct. If it wasn’t for the very few at Lalor, they would have expired a couple of years ago. They might not have the acumen and skills of those who are now in control, but they deserve a great deal of of credit and respect for doing a difficult job with little support, in tough times.

Always easier to pot than get hands dirty and help, happens far too much whether it's in a playing, coaching or admin sense.
Quite often the most vocal are the one's who never lend themselves to such positions, a lot of more talented and experienced people out there who could help but "choose" not to but are happy to sit back and take aim :(

I hear ya. But the ridiculous contracts they have handed out to certain players when they haven’t warrant half of what they got, is annoying to say the least champ.

Last edited:
I hear ya. But the ridiculous contracts they have handed out to certain players when they haven’t warrant half of what they got, is annoying to say the least champ.
And did you have a say with what they get (NO) .Well get on board and have a say

And did you have a say with what they get (NO) .Well get on board and have a say

I done my bit, had a say years ago, club was flying and got up to division one. Now we are struggling to keep the doors opened, while the club down the road is running a muck signing players left and right. Embarrassing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I done my bit, had a say years ago, club was flying and got up to division one. Now we are struggling to keep the doors opened, while the club down the road is running a muck signing players left and right. Embarrassing!
You're going to live a miserable life if you keep hanging onto things from the past.
If i remember correctly the club down the road were in div 3 at the time and coaches walked out and culture was shot.

They got rid of people who would live on the past and had nothing good to say and if they didnt they have shut them up and told them to get on board with plans put in place.

To their credit they havent set the world on fire but they have been consistent with climbing the ladder and being successful off field.

To the people who were involved at lalor, well done on such a hard job. To the ppl who are now at lalor. Good luck, its going to be a tough ride but its achievable with plans put in place and support from members etc.

You're going to live a miserable life if you keep hanging onto things from the past.
If i remember correctly the club down the road were in div 3 at the time and coaches walked out and culture was shot.

They got rid of people who would live on the past and had nothing good to say and if they didnt they have shut them up and told them to get on board with plans put in place.

To their credit they havent set the world on fire but they have been consistent with climbing the ladder and being successful off field.

To the people who were involved at lalor, well done on such a hard job. To the ppl who are now at lalor. Good luck, its going to be a tough ride but its achievable with plans put in place and support from members etc.

Hang on a second mate. Harley Ryan cost us a fortune, jake king cost us a fortune, Shane Jacobs cost us a fortune, we even gave Peter shep coin and didn’t even play a game. And here we are now losing our heart and soul players. I agree you can’t dwell on the past however don’t sit here and try to tell me the club and people in charge didn’t make huge mistakes. And now I’m hearing we tried to get a merger done with mill park? And they told us to go stick it too? You can sit here and defend the club, that’s fine. As a life member I want answers!

Hang on a second mate. Harley Ryan cost us a fortune, jake king cost us a fortune, Shane Jacobs cost us a fortune, we even gave Peter shep coin and didn’t even play a game. And here we are now losing our heart and soul players. I agree you can’t dwell on the past however don’t sit here and try to tell me the club and people in charge didn’t make huge mistakes. And now I’m hearing we tried to get a merger done with mill park? And they told us to go stick it too? You can sit here and defend the club, that’s fine. As a life member I want answers!

It hurts the most when the players who have been there from an early age feel the need to move one. Unfortunately at Lalor I was one of them many moons ago, where it felt like the imports were playing by a different set of rules to the rest. It's important that the players brought in are brought into a club culture not have it built around them.

All the best to the Bloods, hopefully they can recover from what appears will be short term pain and rebuild with a strong culture that can take them forward in the long term.

It hurts the most when the players who have been there from an early age feel the need to move one. Unfortunately at Lalor I was one of them many moons ago, where it felt like the imports were playing by a different set of rules to the rest. It's important that the players brought in are brought into a club culture not have it built around them.

All the best to the Bloods, hopefully they can recover from what appears will be short term pain and rebuild with a strong culture that can take them forward in the long term.

Spot on pal.

No worries mate.
Jarrod king cost us a fortune?
Mate if you think this downfall has only been 3 years coming.
You are delusional.
As a life member i would assume you know more than others and you would know lalor have been on a slow downfall since beeza, or better yet compass and kubota jumping off board.
No disrespect to any one trying after beeza either.

Good discussion.
Im not a life member and i hardly helped the club and dont show my face anymore.
In saying that i never pot the blokes who try and who ever you includes you.

Im not going to worry about answers.
I look forward to what Ben and his team puts forward and watch with interest.

You are allowed your opinion and thats fine and this is mine. Enjoy.

No worries mate.
Jarrod king cost us a fortune?
Mate if you think this downfall has only been 3 years coming.
You are delusional.
As a life member i would assume you know more than others and you would know lalor have been on a slow downfall since beeza, or better yet compass and kubota jumping off board.
No disrespect to any one trying after beeza either.

Good discussion.
Im not a life member and i hardly helped the club and dont show my face anymore.
In saying that i never pot the blokes who try and who ever you includes you.

Im not going to worry about answers.
I look forward to what Ben and his team puts forward and watch with interest.

You are allowed your opinion and thats fine and this is mine. Enjoy.

Why are we still even talking about lalor ? I’m assuming clubs are back at training ? How have the numbers been?

Lalor looking to merge with Mill Park.

Makes sense, however Watsonia huge losers from this with all their efforts to forge an alliance with Mill Park
Interesting from Mill Parks Facebook page -
"There is currently a rumour circulating that we(Mill Park Football Club) have entered a merger with Lalor Bloods Football Club. This is absolutely incorrect.
There however has been an approach and a proposal put forward to MPFC from Lalor that is being discussed internally and with Lalor executive committee members but they are only discussions. We see no distinct long term advantage to MPFC in the proposal.
We currently have an MOU in place with Watsonia Football Club that we are very happy with and we will continue to build on that relationship via our joint focus on the Mill Park Under 19’s"

Not living up to your screen name are you?If you had any passion for footy you would realise its in everyone’s best interests if all clubs are in a strong state on and off field.I wish the bloods all the best and have a lot of respect for many involved over the years.An ageing non aussie rules population does not help the situation either.

Interesting from Mill Parks Facebook page -
"There is currently a rumour circulating that we(Mill Park Football Club) have entered a merger with Lalor Bloods Football Club. This is absolutely incorrect.
There however has been an approach and a proposal put forward to MPFC from Lalor that is being discussed internally and with Lalor executive committee members but they are only discussions. We see no distinct long term advantage to MPFC in the proposal.
We currently have an MOU in place with Watsonia Football Club that we are very happy with and we will continue to build on that relationship via our joint focus on the Mill Park Under 19’s"

Lalor doesn’t need a merger, they need a coach that will bring players with him. They should have hired Steve krestevski. He could bring seconds players from bundy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back