NFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epping by 30 pts.
Eltham by 12 pts with handy ins this week of Woods & Glasgow
Lower by 20 pts. Thommo will find themselves battling with Creek for #4 spot if they cannot cause an upset this week. Creek v Thommo last round could be elimination final
Creek by 24 pts to keep their finals hopes alive.

Will wait until after the appeal and give you a few facts as to what happened. Have some interesting things that wasn’t in the edited video.
Why cannot you tell us here now?

If I had some facts and interesting things that would clear my name I would be singing them from the roof. Why were these not used at the tribunal? Fairly simple the tribunal is....plead then provide evidence....its at that point you should have provided the few facts and interesting things thus making an appeal redundant....

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will wait until after the appeal and give you a few facts as to what happened. Have some interesting things that wasn’t in the edited video.
Considering one of Thomastown's seconds players was suspended for 7 weeks for kicking and striking the previous round then they obviously have anger issues down at the club.

Last edited:

If I had some facts and interesting things that would clear my name I would be singing them from the roof. Why were these not used at the tribunal? Fairly simple the tribunal is....plead then provide evidence....its at that point you should have provided the few facts and interesting things thus making an appeal redundant....

Some very in depth thoughts there Denny, did you think of them yourself or have you employed a ghost writer

Problems with the tribunal was the watsonia player was allowed to not be present at tribunal, at the advocates course we are told if a witness or reported player can’t attend it is to be delayed until they can attend. It was reported he had a black eye and facial injuries but the medical report only lists the black eye. The boundary umpire who wanted to report the Watsonia player for striking and was there to give evidence about what happened was allowed to leave before doing so. The Watsonia player had struck a thomastown player from behind to the head after he had kicked the ball. Two minutes earlier the same Watsonia player had run into one of our players on our bench and struck them as well. The siren had gone when the melee started so all players from both sides were on the ground. We have been encouraged to start an investigation and is still an option. As a club we are disappointed as to what happened but unfortunately sometimes things happen. So we will see what happens at the appeal. In my opinion 17 weeks is harsh for someone who has never been reported or even sent off before.

Problems with the tribunal was the watsonia player was allowed to not be present at tribunal, at the advocates course we are told if a witness or reported player can’t attend it is to be delayed until they can attend. It was reported he had a black eye and facial injuries but the medical report only lists the black eye. The boundary umpire who wanted to report the Watsonia player for striking and was there to give evidence about what happened was allowed to leave before doing so. The Watsonia player had struck a thomastown player from behind to the head after he had kicked the ball. Two minutes earlier the same Watsonia player had run into one of our players on our bench and struck them as well. The siren had gone when the melee started so all players from both sides were on the ground. We have been encouraged to start an investigation and is still an option. As a club we are disappointed as to what happened but unfortunately sometimes things happen. So we will see what happens at the appeal. In my opinion 17 weeks is harsh for someone who has never been reported or even sent off before.
Did they tell you at the advocates course you'd be better off airing this for the first time to the appeals board rather than an internet forum?

Great round of footy in div 2. Top two teams loosing to third and fourth placed sides. Things are hotting up for finals.

I take it Fitzroy Stars have no takers for the coaching role next season. They’ve now extended the deadline for applicants a third time.

Panters to bounce back against Creek by 36 pts
It would be a great story to see Epping get up against Thommo, but form and incentive is with the Bears. Thommo by 15 pts
Lower by 60 pts
Banyule by 30 pts

Final Four should be set by end of this round...

Should we be reading anything into the all conquering Panther form reversal over past 2 weeks? Obviously playing 2 clubs fighting for a finals spot, but still would not of picked them to lose 2 on the trot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should we be reading anything into the all conquering Panther form reversal over past 2 weeks? Obviously playing 2 clubs fighting for a finals spot, but still would not of picked them to lose 2 on the trot.
Perhaps Eltham are resting players so that they are all fully fit and ready to go for the finals.
It might explain the form reversal?

Perhaps Eltham are resting players so that they are all fully fit and ready to go for the finals.
It might explain the form reversal?

Incorrect. They have just come up against some very decent sides that had the hunger of needing wins to play finals and were caught both times not being able to match the pressure.

Word around is move the ball quickly as they have a slow backline and one paced midfield. This is what Banyule and Diamond Creek have apparently done and sliced them open.

Final round!

Stars by 12 pts to finish off season, leave Watsy with zip for the year and end Carey's coaching tenure
Eltham by 24 pts. Pingers probably unlucky to cop the Panthers after 2 losses on the trot. They will be looking to hit back hard heading into finals.
Creek by 16 pts. Both found good form in recent weeks, but tipping height might catch Thommo out on a fine sunny afternoon. Norman to have a day out in front of the big sticks,
Lower by 2 pts. Both will be sounding each other out ahead of what will be an inevitable finals clash.

Did not see the diamond creek Thomastown game. Did diamond creek run out of steam or just unlucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back