NFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven’t heard anything, sounds strange but they would make the most sense I suppose .

How’s lower looking tommorow brutal?
Don’t know, wasn’t down club last night but if they play their best and don’t butcher the footy like they did last week and past games, they might stand a chance. Certainly get enough if it, just don’t use it as well as other sides.

Eltham over Lower by 7 pts.
Banyule by 18 pts over Thommo.

Neither game will be straight forward. Weather may play a part.

Don’t know, wasn’t down club last night but if they play their best and don’t butcher the footy like they did last week and past games, they might stand a chance. Certainly get enough if it, just don’t use it as well as other sides.
I think Lower have a huge chance tomorrow. I cant believe how Eltham have gone from the team they were early to mid season to the team they are now. They could of easily lost 5 of their last 8 games. If Eltham don't win the premiership there will be a lot of questions asked. They should be a class above the rest. Big risk going into a finals game with 2 players that have hardly played any football for 2 months, which includes their key forward coming back after an operation on his broken thumb.

The other game will be won by Banyule. This team could win the premiership barring any major injuries, which in itself would be an amazing story.

I think Lower have a huge chance tomorrow. I cant believe how Eltham have gone from the team they were early to mid season to the team they are now. They could of easily lost 5 of their last 8 games. If Eltham don't win the premiership there will be a lot of questions asked. They should be a class above the rest. Big risk going into a finals game with 2 players that have hardly played any football for 2 months, which includes their key forward coming back after an operation on his broken thumb.

The other game will be won by Banyule. This team could win the premiership barring any major injuries, which in itself would be an amazing story.
Certainly not the ideal way to end the season for Panther after playing so well before. Will mean very little if they can have a strong win tomorrow though.

Eltham 4
Banyule 30

Certainly not the ideal way to end the season for Panther after playing so well before. Will mean very little if they can have a strong win tomorrow though.

Eltham 4
Banyule 30

Have also just heard that Josh Merkel is out replaced by a small forward who has played two reserve games in 19 weeks. Panic stations if you ask me.

Really scrappy first half with lower on top for most. Eltham fought back and looked the much better side in the end. Horrible conditions certaintly couldn't fault either sides effort. Well done to Panther for making the GF will be an absolute cracker if Banyule can make it.

I don’t go to many NFL finals anymore, but $15 entry and not being able to park your car in the ground was a massive disappointment. Fair enough you want to stop people smuggling in alcoholic, but a quick check in the backseat and the boot would take 30 seconds. Probably turned people off, especially older supporters, as the weather was terrible and you couldn’t sit in your car and watch.

Agree with the above comments re the game. Thought lower were clearly better in the first half and probably should have lead by more. Undisciplined frees and 50s left the door ajar and Eltham pounced. Division 2 is very tight this year, eltham are definitely beatable and lower will need to be on their game against Banyule or Thomastown

Not sure who you are talking about or if true but panic stations is a bit of an over reaction? If its the next best player whats the issue.
My point was that Eltham had brought in 3 players with limited game time for the last couple of months which seemed a risky move. They over ran Lower in the last quarter which throws my theory out the window. Congrats to Eltham on making the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banyule a win away from playing off for Division 1. Amazing effort this season. Should be a cracker on Saturday.

Banyule a win away from playing off for Division 1. Amazing effort this season. Should be a cracker on Saturday.
if this somehow eventuated it would be interesting how this would affect north, hberg and macleod. more so hberg and macleod who always attract Banyule juniors wanting to play in div 1.

Similar to Morang, Laurimar, Mernda all competing in div 3 for the same pool of young players

Lower by 20 pts, based on Banyule advertising for coaches in Div 2 next year :)

I got nothing when I posted that Garry.Ramsay and Banyule had been talking for a while about next year. Pete Davey moved back to Geelong a few weeks ago and a handover wouldnt be a crazy idea given their connection.

Good luck to Banyule, they've done a super to get there but I reckon Lower Plenty will win this one before being smashed by Eltham next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back