NFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Lower vs Mont night game last night. Lower held their own until three quarter time, was only a goal in it all game up until then but Mont flicked the switch in the last and blew them away in the last.

Mont appeared to have close to full strength (White and Kennedy played) and from what I was told Lower missed a handful of senior players.

I didn't see their captain Donaldson, the north bloke, McEvoy, Hunt or Fennell run around, so they probably have those guys to come in too when available.

Watched Lower vs Mont night game last night. Lower held their own until three quarter time, was only a goal in it all game up until then but Mont flicked the switch in the last and blew them away in the last.

Mont appeared to have close to full strength (White and Kennedy played) and from what I was told Lower missed a handful of senior players.
In the past both clubs have used this game as more of an under 23 affair, with a sprinkling of older blokes. With Lower having played at Geelong West with seniors and reserves last Saturday and I’d imagine most of the squad may have been younger blokes and Mont may have been in a similar position.

New to Big Footy and a follower of D1 footy but I went to see Northcote Park take on Banyule last night and Banyule will be bloody strong in D2.
Starcevich is out for a month and none of NP’s VFL contingent played but outside of that they were basically at full strength with their core week to week list. Banyule apparently had 6 or more senior players out (Stanton at Carlton, Gumbleton was running messages, the full forward (Kroussoratis??) wasn’t playing, nor Johnston and Mitchell who are both ex-NP players).
Final margin was only a goal.
The gap between Div 1 and 2 hopefully is narrowing which is great for the league.
Should add that Northcote may only be a middle of the road side in Div 1.
All the best to everyone this year.

Looking forward to seeing all teams on the park this week & some of the new recruits.
Tips for round one -
Creek by 15. Should be great contest, but Demons will be keen to bounce back from Good Friday
Eltham by 80+
Thommo by 28. Going along to see this Bear battle. Thommo looking to make an early statement with it's new recruits
Banyule by 21. Bears will be looking to register it's first D2 win and prep themselves for the Panthers next week

Anyone watch the Watsonia v Banyule Bears game? I’d be interested to know if Banyule were that good or Watsonia perhaps below expectations.

Anyone watch the Watsonia v Banyule Bears game? I’d be interested to know if Banyule were that good or Watsonia perhaps below expectations.
For banyule to have 37 scoring shots and 15 goals with ratis kicking only 1 shows they will be the real deal. With rezzies losing maybe depth might be the only concern?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eltham, Diamo and banyule clearly front runners
Eltham might not be as far ahead of everyone as first expected?
Epping and thomo look to be able to compete while fitzroy and watsonia may just battle it out at the bottom of the table... thoughts?

Epping and thomo look to be able to compete while fitzroy and watsonia may just battle it out at the bottom of the table... thoughts?
Eltham and Diamo definitely. Lower, Thommo should be in the mix. I’d imagine Banyule will be at the heels of that 3rd and 4th spot. Fitzroy Stars could be the big loser and with their two’s getting flogged as well are my early fave for relegation.

It's the aftermath of round 1. Banyule looked good, from all accounts Eltham and Lower played well. Way too early to call anything

Eltham and Diamo definitely. Lower, Thommo should be in the mix. I’d imagine Banyule will be at the heels of that 3rd and 4th spot. Fitzroy Stars could be the big loser and with their two’s getting flogged as well are my early fave for relegation.
My understanding is no relegation for whoever finishes last this year?

Didn’t the stars twos get flogged all last year and the seniors still made finals. I’m going to watch thomo v stars this week so might go early to watch and see how bad they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back