NFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t the stars twos get flogged all last year and the seniors still made finals. I’m going to watch thomo v stars this week so might go early to watch and see how bad they are

Reserves only won 4 games. Beating only Panton Hill and Lalor.
Lost a few of there very good players to Bundoora so depth looks to be tested even further.

Eltham, Diamo and banyule clearly front runners
Eltham might not be as far ahead of everyone as first expected?
Epping and thomo look to be able to compete while fitzroy and watsonia may just battle it out at the bottom of the table... thoughts?
Doubt any results from the weekend are true representation of where teams are at, the conditions were horrible

Or second last.
Yep, second last and last in consecutive years, 42 clearances in the following 5 months with 8 of the top 10 seniors leaving including your captain, coach, best & fairest, Leading goal kicker, league leading vote scorer, reserves b&f, assistant coach, President and 12 committee and the reserves of the previous year struggling to pull a side together weekly - I’d support that teams request to go down in the future if another team wanted to step up... I actually doubt they’d survive to be honest but, a precedent has now been set.

Last edited:

however nothing to stop the team that finishes last to claim 'mass exodus' of players and that survival will only happen if they played div 3... with the precedence now set

Yep, second last and last in consecutive years, 42 clearances in the following 5 months with 8 of the top 10 seniors leaving including your captain, coach, best & fairest, Leading goal kicker, league leading vote scorer, reserves b&f, assistant coach, President and 12 committee and the reserves of the previous year struggling to pull a side together weekly - I’d support that teams request to go down in the future if another team wanted to step up... I actually doubt they’d survive to be honest but, a precedent has now been set.

Creek by 64 pts. Good to see Epping show some spirit last week. But I think Creekers might want to make a point to the comp tomorrow
Thommo by 28 Pity to see Stars sliding after the loss of key players. Hope they can find something in coming weeks.
Eltham by 25 I think Banyule at home will give Panthers a shake, but in the end I dont think they will have enough for the premiership fav
Lower by 16 Watsy looked ordinary against Banyule. Will be interesting to see if they can improve back on home turf

Reserves only won 4 games. Beating only Panton Hill and Lalor.
Lost a few of there very good players to Bundoora so depth looks to be tested even further.
Stars Reserves look all right up and till 3/4 time and then they fall away a lot of players unfit. The stars seniors look terrible 2x 94 loose in a row not good

Gumbleton plays it could have been a different story at the Bear cave. Pretty impressive first couple of weeks for Banyule. Curry looks a class above in this division.

Gumbleton plays it could have been a different story at the Bear cave. Pretty impressive first couple of weeks for Banyule. Curry looks a class above in this division.
In the lead at three quarter time, well fought out. Banyule looking like they will be competing with Diamo for second spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banyule are a very good side and will make top 4. Although if Connelly, still, O’Sullivan and B.Freeman play for Eltham it could of also been a very different story.
Only knock on banyule could be their lack of depth.

Banyule are a very good side and will make top 4. Although if Connelly, still, O’Sullivan and B.Freeman play for Eltham it could of also been a very different story.
Only knock on banyule could be their lack of depth.
I don’t think depth is an issue, looking at the side (on paper) that played on Saturday, it looks like there are still 3 (plus Gumbleton) to come in, including one other gun.
Weakness is speed in the midfield which might expose them on bigger grounds but from what I saw a few weeks ago, Saturday’s showing would appear to be a good indicator as to where they’re at.

I don’t think depth is an issue, looking at the side (on paper) that played on Saturday, it looks like there are still 3 (plus Gumbleton) to come in, including one other gun.
Weakness is speed in the midfield which might expose them on bigger grounds but from what I saw a few weeks ago, Saturday’s showing would appear to be a good indicator as to where they’re at.
Without Gumbleton in on Sat they were still 45 Points, If the guns are more than 1 point each they may not be able to fit them in.
Eltham were 33 points.

Banyule a class act. First time I have seen the Club and with all the work they have done since coming across from ammos they will, in time, be a powerhouse in the NFNL. With a big junior program and a decent amount of youth in their senior teams I cannot see why they will not hit Div 1 soon and strongly.

Also making it enjoyable was the huge crowds, great hospitility (although as someone that gets there early Blend 43 is not the best coffee....come on get a coffee van :D) , all things you want when you visit opposition as it makes you want to come back.

To say that 1 player would have made a difference is a bit of speculation as we all have injuries and get injuries during the game (Eltham Captain doing ankle during game and now out for a long time). Yeah Tim Currie is looking OK, ripping bloke as well.

Banyule a class act. First time I have seen the Club and with all the work they have done since coming across from ammos they will, in time, be a powerhouse in the NFNL. With a big junior program and a decent amount of youth in their senior teams I cannot see why they will not hit Div 1 soon and strongly.

Also making it enjoyable was the huge crowds, great hospitility (although as someone that gets there early Blend 43 is not the best coffee....come on get a coffee van :D) , all things you want when you visit opposition as it makes you want to come back.

To say that 1 player would have made a difference is a bit of speculation as we all have injuries and get injuries during the game (Eltham Captain doing ankle during game and now out for a long time). Yeah Tim Currie is looking OK, ripping bloke as well.
They usually have a coffee van or a vendor most weeks!

Round 3 tips. Not expecting any upsets this round, but will be interesting to see if Stars can offer up a bit of competitive footy in their first home game of the season
Creek by 60 pts
Eltham by 25 pts
Banyule by 40 pts
Lower by 28 pts

Should be perfect conditions again tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back