NFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got nothing when I posted that Garry.Ramsay and Banyule had been talking for a while about next year. Pete Davey moved back to Geelong a few weeks ago and a handover wouldnt be a crazy idea given their connection.

Good luck to Banyule, they've done a super to get there but I reckon Lower Plenty will win this one before being smashed by Eltham next week.

Can confirm Banyule will be looking for a coach next season, yesterday was Pete Davey’s last game. Not sure about the Gary Ramsey rumours though.

Did James Kroussaritis play yesterday? Lower Plenty defence did well to keep two of the top four goalkickers in the league to a total of one goal if he did.

I’m hearing a very important cog in the Lower Plenty wheel will be struggling to get up for GF.

As it is pretty quiet around here on Grand Final week my tip is Lower Plenty by 27 points. Looks as though the majority of the showers will be gone by game time which will make it a fairly dry deck.
Thought Lower controlled the last game and should of been further in front halfway through the 3rd quarter. As the ground got heavier it then suited the one paced Eltham midfield. Macaffer blanketed Tom Keys at the stoppages which Lower will need to address this time. Seemed Eltham had no system scoring and relied on opportunistic ways to kick goals. They will rely heavily on Still on kicking a bag to win. Lower have a more dominant marking forward line that will trouble the Eltham backs. Tim Currie will need to made accountable as he often tends to float down to the forward line.

Eltham will need to curb Flynns tapwork or they will get burnt in clearances especially if the wind is blowing a gale which I believe could be the case as Eltham don't like fast ball movement.

It will be interesting if Eltham lose as the fallout will be huge from what I have been led to believe. They have apparantly already signed Paul King for next year and on his resume it will read 1st year relegated from 1st division and his 2nd year losing the unlosable grand final with what I believe to be the best list in 2nd division by a mile.

On the other hand we have Ben Turner who has a point to prove to his former club and will be out to prove to them that they made a wrong decision.

As it is pretty quiet around here on Grand Final week my tip is Lower Plenty by 27 points. Looks as though the majority of the showers will be gone by game time which will make it a fairly dry deck.
Thought Lower controlled the last game and should of been further in front halfway through the 3rd quarter. As the ground got heavier it then suited the one paced Eltham midfield. Macaffer blanketed Tom Keys at the stoppages which Lower will need to address this time. Seemed Eltham had no system scoring and relied on opportunistic ways to kick goals. They will rely heavily on Still on kicking a bag to win. Lower have a more dominant marking forward line that will trouble the Eltham backs. Tim Currie will need to made accountable as he often tends to float down to the forward line.

Eltham will need to curb Flynns tapwork or they will get burnt in clearances especially if the wind is blowing a gale which I believe could be the case as Eltham don't like fast ball movement.

It will be interesting if Eltham lose as the fallout will be huge from what I have been led to believe. They have apparantly already signed Paul King for next year and on his resume it will read 1st year relegated from 1st division and his 2nd year losing the unlosable grand final with what I believe to be the best list in 2nd division by a mile.

On the other hand we have Ben Turner who has a point to prove to his former club and will be out to prove to them that they made a wrong decision.
Anything can happen on Preston with the wind. Most times you have 2 quarters to score and if you don’t make the most of it you are gone

Last edited:

If conditions are anywhere near good for football, Eltham win by 6 goals at least.

My dog could coach Eltham to a flag with the squad they have they have this year.

If conditions are anywhere near good for football, Eltham win by 6 goals at least.

My dog could coach Eltham to a flag with the squad they have they have this year.
That ground at Panther Place has claimed the odd dog in days gone by. It’d want to be careful. But yeah, Eltham should be a 5 goal minimum better side on the day. No doubt there is far more pressure and expectation on Eltham to win externally as well as internally, so perhaps if the contest proves to tighter or Lower can put their noses in front then that may have influence and create the odd doubt.

That ground at Panther Place has claimed the odd dog in days gone by. It’d want to be careful. But yeah, Eltham should be a 5 goal minimum better side on the day. No doubt there is far more pressure and expectation on Eltham to win externally as well as internally, so perhaps if the contest proves to tighter or Lower can put their noses in front then that may have influence and create the odd doubt.
The main issue is they have a fair few Div 1 players in that team that would of taken the hit for one year to play div 2 but not sure if they will hang around another year if they lose. That's why I believe it is so crucial for Eltham to win.

Can someone from Eltham confirm if Paul King has signed for next year? If so why so early? I wouldn't of thought that he would get a gig elsewhere.

Lower Plenty just have to play with no fear, be brave with the ball and take risks otherwise if they play too safe they will get beaten.

The main issue is they have a fair few Div 1 players in that team that would of taken the hit for one year to play div 2 but not sure if they will hang around another year if they lose. That's why I believe it is so crucial for Eltham to win.

Can someone from Eltham confirm if Paul King has signed for next year? If so why so early? I wouldn't of thought that he would get a gig elsewhere.

Lower Plenty just have to play with no fear, be brave with the ball and take risks otherwise if they play too safe they will get beaten.
Eltham have had slow halves or quarters (being behind at half time) the thing is at Preston you can find your self down 6 goals if that’s the case. Need To be on from the first bounce.

I think Panther will win by 25 but an upset wouldn’t surprise me.

And yes Eltham posted the other night he was signed for next season.

Edit- 40km winds and 10mm of rain! Could be anyone’s game

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had someone with intimate knowledge tell me last night that Heidelberg pay their 19’s to play as well as another parent who’s son was offered money to play 19’s when he finished at tac. Hopefully that fails for them tomorrow and Lower get up for a win in early game. I’ll tip Diamo to get over Eltham by 15 points in Reserves and in ordinary conditions, Eltham to just hold on by less than a kick to move back to div 1.

I was there as an impartial observer .... I’m certain as were the 2 guys with me the siren went before the winning goal was kicked.
Props to Lower and commiserations to Eltham. Amazing finish that neither deserved to lose

Watching the replay I think the ball has struck his boot literally on the siren... but by the time the umpire acknowledged that the game had ended I think he had to pay a goal.

Clearly a goal. Doesn't the game stop when the umpire blows the whistle?

Lower had nothing to lose in the last and came out and did everything perfectly. As soon as they kicked one Eltham went into a shock.

Patrick Flynn was huge in the last quarter. One of the worst/best games ive ever scene. Was a stinker until the last.

Congratulations lower plenty.
Is this the first time in division 2 finals that all the teams that were behind at half time went on to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back