NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Sth Morang have had the longest run of matches since their bye but have also hit a super form patch so may suit them to have had 8 matches running before finals. They will play Banyule who will have played 6 since their bye so it looks to be a good matchup there.

Both Morang & St.Marys really playing for nothing this weekend so it will be interesting to see what sort of game it is.... bruise free? or crash bash?

I wouldn't imagine it to be bruise free with st marys playing for third if they win.

The Banyule game poses an interesting one coming up against WH. With 2nd spot all but locked in. Do they rest key players to freshen them up or do they use the game as dress rehearsal and go hell for leather and if they lose a player or 2 so be it?

Hopefully banyule rest a few so we can finish on a good note . Blueballers would be looking forward to the break, are you Back in the backline,or are they still persisting with you up forward

I wouldn't imagine it to be bruise free with st marys playing for third if they win.

The Banyule game poses an interesting one coming up against WH. With 2nd spot all but locked in. Do they rest key players to freshen them up or do they use the game as dress rehearsal and go hell for leather and if they lose a player or 2 so be it?

I don't think any of the finals teams will be looking to do much more than play some positive clean polished footy this weekend to sharpen up for their first final. Both finals games are set - yes, only Burra can move up, but I doubt they care whether they wear black or white shorts against Epping. Looking forward to these finals. Both Epping & Morang looking to redeem for missed opportunities in last 2 years. Burra a bit of a sentimental contender, but struggle to string 4 quarters together consistently. Banyule will be confident they can get through & make the step to Div 2, but would be hoping to do it against a younger Morang side rather than the battle hardened Pingers.

I don't think any of the finals teams will be looking to do much more than play some positive clean polished footy this weekend to sharpen up for their first final. Both finals games are set - yes, only Burra can move up, but I doubt they care whether they wear black or white shorts against Epping. Looking forward to these finals. Both Epping & Morang looking to redeem for missed opportunities in last 2 years. Burra a bit of a sentimental contender, but struggle to string 4 quarters together consistently. Banyule will be confident they can get through & make the step to Div 2, but would be hoping to do it against a younger Morang side rather than the battle hardened Pingers.
Clean polished football ......that's is a interesting look on DIV 3 ........ let's just hope the best team win ........ go SM

Didn't actually make it to the game yesterday, but are hberg west serious?
They were talking finals at the half way point and now their last couple of weeks has been embarrassing.
Maybe it shows how far above Banyule are...

They were talking finals at the half way point and now their last couple of weeks has been embarrassing.

Don't think it shows how far above banyule are at all... considering the 3 other finals contenders beat HW by 100 also if I'm not mistaken

Im thinking poor year from west in reality they have finished second bottom thank god the group of heidelberg boys come along because they would of not beaten reservoir or laurimar coach may need to be looked at me thinks did not bring much to the table.

Im thinking poor year from west in reality they have finished second bottom thank god the group of heidelberg boys come along because they would of not beaten reservoir or laurimar coach may need to be looked at me thinks did not bring much to the table.

Huh? Finished 6th out of 9, one game behind 5th placed Kilmore with a higher percentage. For a club that's won about 15 games in the past 10 seasons I'd say it wasn't a bad effort to increase their win tally by 6 on last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant be a poor year did not finish on bottom of ladder like the last couple of seasons. Get of there back

West also loss a few key position players to injuries which does not help at the business end of the season. I hope all the boys hang in and commit for another few years as this will be great for a club that has been kicked around for years .Great reward for hard work from a lot of people

Certainly not the finish to the season we hoped 10 of our best 20 missing for the last month makes it very hard to compete with the best, however we are pleased with our improvement. 7 wins up from 1 win in 2015 & 2016. We defeated Mernda and Epping for the first time in over a decade. We know we have a long way to go to be a contender and we certainly aren't getting ahead of ourselves.

Might be time for Ease Up to actually just ease up. Or maybe stop hiding behind an alias and get down to pre season training and make a difference

Huh? Finished 6th out of 9, one game behind 5th placed Kilmore with a higher percentage. For a club that's won about 15 games in the past 10 seasons I'd say it wasn't a bad effort to increase their win tally by 6 on last season.

My point is you can not count the four wins against the under 11's so that leaves 3 wins and one of those they stole in the last 10 seconds! Thats my opinion this is a forum for opinions last time i checked

Would have to agree if it was not for the Heidelberg boys they would have struggled to win

Certainly not the finish to the season we hoped 10 of our best 20 missing for the last month makes it very hard to compete with the best, however we are pleased with our improvement. 7 wins up from 1 win in 2015 & 2016. We defeated Mernda and Epping for the first time in over a decade. We know we have a long way to go to be a contender and we certainly aren't getting ahead of ourselves.

Might be time for Ease Up to actually just ease up. Or maybe stop hiding behind an alias and get down to pre season training and make a difference
It's good to see them improve but are all these players staying ? West seem to have a lot of players come and go every year and struggle to keep a list for more than one season, hopefully this time they can all stay aboard and you can have some more success

There was quite a bit of instability with the team this year. A few familiar faces returning throughout the year, mixed with half of the blokes coming in at the start of the season with limited preseason as well as during the year not having a full preseason and a number of heavy injuries at the back end of the year (last month and a half) all impacting on how the season finished up. I think the potential of West was shown against Epping without the likes of Ewart, Young, Mclean, Miki as well as going down to Banyule by 4 goals at home shows that at full strength on their day can beat and compete with anyone.
Im sure with everyone committing and a full preseason for the lot mixed with a few more added recruits, next year will be another step up.

It's good to see them improve but are all these players staying ? West seem to have a lot of players come and go every year and struggle to keep a list for more than one season, hopefully this time they can all stay aboard and you can have some more success
signed up already I hear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back