NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like they are going to have a Forward line which would be the envy of a lot of Divy 1 sides, if they can get the ball down there, then they will be hard to beat.

The Bears are a certainty,with key forwards like the bloke from Shep/Eltham/Northcote/Bundoora/Coburg,the bloke from Essendon and the bloke from Lower/Eltham in the middle with the bloke from Macleod as well as the bloke from Gumbower and the blokes we got from Nunawading etc etc then chuck in the ten others we've offered money. The flag is heading to the Brockwell Stadium and will be a credit to all the home grown talent that won't be playing.

Just me or is it the same old stuff over the last couple of years?

The crazy bears always the ones to beat but really go nowhere and then try and recruit Heidelberg players. I personally dont mind the lads, but Banyule is really starting to get the reputation of the most hated club in the NFL. Aside from snubbing their nose at the comp for years and calling players thugs who played in the comp, they now want to use Brockwell's money to buy a flag?

They will never be a power club like Heidelberg so build from within as their kids can play.

Just me or is it the same old stuff over the last couple of years?

The crazy bears always the ones to beat but really go nowhere and then try and recruit Heidelberg players. I personally dont mind the lads, but Banyule is really starting to get the reputation of the most hated club in the NFL. Aside from snubbing their nose at the comp for years and calling players thugs who played in the comp, they now want to use Brockwell's money to buy a flag?

They will never be a power club like Heidelberg so build from within as their kids can play.

Mate they are light years away from being the most hated club in the NFL.
No one wins a flag without spending money these days, the more you spend doesn't guarantee you a flag just improves your chances.
Morang and Banuyle I think this year?

Mate they are light years away from being the most hated club in the NFL.
No one wins a flag without spending money these days, the more you spend doesn't guarantee you a flag just improves your chances.
Morang and Banuyle I think this year?

I don't know about that Stude...

I was lucky enough to do some work with the NFL recently and there are lots of clubs within the area that have a really bad taste for them. Warranted or not, it's certainly not a great reflection on them. But 100% agree money guarantees nothing and we saw that first hand with the crazy bears.

My opinion, teams to beat with be Morang, Mernda and Epping.. Seasoned and been there before. Ones to watch could be St Marys but who knows with them. I think Laurimar and Reservoir will battle with West and Kilmore to be a lot better and sneak a few results against much more fancied opposition. What we can agree on, a competitive div 3 is super important.

I was lucky enough to do some work with the NFL recently and there are lots of clubs within the area that have a really bad taste for them. Warranted or not, it's certainly not a great reflection on them. But 100% agree money guarantees nothing and we saw that first hand with the crazy bears.

My opinion, teams to beat with be Morang, Mernda and Epping.. Seasoned and been there before. Ones to watch could be St Marys but who knows with them. I think Laurimar and Reservoir will battle with West and Kilmore to be a lot better and sneak a few results against much more fancied opposition. What we can agree on, a competitive div 3 is super important.

I think the top four will be a class above all the rest.
Morang
Banyule
St Mary
Epping

Strange because when I was there last season they were one of the most helpful clubs I've had the pleasure to deal with in the last 25 year.
Suppose you cant please everyone all the time. We all have clubs we dislike for our own reasons, Bring on 2017

Strange because when I was there last season they were one of the most helpful clubs I've had the pleasure to deal with in the last 25 year.
Suppose you cant please everyone all the time. We all have clubs we dislike for our own reasons, Bring on 2017
Nah we all hate banyule!

I hear stude had a motor bike accident, I just hope your okay and get on the mend quick , best wishes to you

Thanks Pockets. Yer had an old farts moment and spent the last week in Royal Melbourne hospital. Now a week or two rehab in Brunswick private and hope all should be good. 12 broken ribs and two fractures in the pelvis. Lucky I had all the safety gear on.
Keep me posted on all the bs for the next few weeks .

Just heard Bill samie signed at morang, not a bad pick up, mernda will be spewing??

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many div 3 sides are going to field under 19's this season as i think this should be a priority for side to make sure they are going to be around in a season or two

any truth in the rumor Reservoir are struggling to recruit enough players to field a side and that a
edfl side are talking to there coach ?

any truth in the rumor Reservoir are struggling to recruit enough players to field a side and that a
edfl side are talking to there coach ?

I would not think so as resa had to meet a strict number of signed players before Christmas to be given the green light to get back into the competition which they did. I think it was 50 signed players and looking at the transfer list on the nfl page there is at least 50 transfers to resa

What are thought on tips for flag and the spoon based on recruiting so far?
Banyule - Best recruiting in the off season, some serious star power. Don't think there will be a defence that can stop them when they get going. Hearing that they might not be done yet as well with a handful of some berg boys planning on joining if they get cleared?

Banyule - Best recruiting in the off season, some serious star power. Don't think there will be a defence that can stop them when they get going. Hearing that they might not be done yet as well with a handful of some berg boys planning on joining if they get cleared?

Their forwards are gonna have to work harder than they think. Can't be relying on spasos like Allery etc to be delivering the ball to them (bloke couldn't hit water if he was standing on a boat)

The bears were saying this last year! How did that work out? Could only beat bottom 2 teams. How long until big stars realise it is harder than they think and quit e.g Tarrant & Varsamakis?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back