NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is Rohan Davies being wheeled out? Handy inclusion. I hear some whispers that West might have a handy in or 2 coming in shortly. Could just as easily be pub talk tho
Heard the same. Miki Ewart mozdzierz Bentley and Celestin all handy ins for the Kilmore game after the bye

And thats worked well for you in the past.
Let’s get the record straight......l ‘v never coach B4 ....... just tell it,as l see it ..... you must b a ex player or a relative of a player that’s playing now that is not up to 3rd Div..... pardon my French..... cop it on the chin..... a move on....... if the old blokes are to slow for 3rd Div .....Super rules good b a good option

When is Rohan Davies being wheeled out? Handy inclusion. I hear some whispers that West might have a handy in or 2 coming in shortly. Could just as easily be pub talk tho

Davies played the last two games.. looks a touch over his old playing weight and obviously not match fit going off the weekends game but no doubt will get back to some form and fitness with some extra sessions under the belt but atm the fast midfielders running around the comp will leave him behind. Give it a month

Let’s get the record straight......l ‘v never coach B4 ....... just tell it,as l see it ..... you must b a ex player or a relative of a player that’s playing now that is not up to 3rd Div..... pardon my French..... cop it on the chin..... a move on....... if the old blokes are to slow for 3rd Div .....Super rules good b a good option

As for playing kids, if the kid is worthy he will be playing seniors, In D3 most kids that show anything are just to small and light on and when the big game comes they just go missing. If their young and well built there playing in D1 anyway.
The past two finals winners didn't look to have many young kids playing, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Epping went with the youth policy when it was relegated to D2 and went straight to D3 and stayed there playing the kids.
I'm not anti kids but you need good players old and young and experience doesn't come in young heads.
Keep up the good work assistant

As for playing kids, if the kid is worthy he will be playing seniors, In D3 most kids that show anything are just to small and light on and when the big game comes they just go missing. If their young and well built there playing in D1 anyway.
The past two finals winners didn't look to have many young kids playing, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Epping went with the youth policy when it was relegated to D2 and went straight to D3 and stayed there playing the kids.
I'm not anti kids but you need good players old and young and experience doesn't come in young heads.
Keep up the good work assistant
Now that you have brought up Epping ( for u-know reasons) at least they have a dip ... crack... dig - in for the fight..... by all reports......Not like you team ....... correct me if l’m wrong 15g’s ( over the way/end)..... at the start of the year you where talking them up ....... there a long way off us ...... we may see you in the finals ...... if you can come back from that poor performance on the weekend

Now that you have brought up Epping ( for u-know reasons) at least they have a dip ... crack... dig - in for the fight..... by all reports......Not like you team ....... correct me if l’m wrong 15g’s ( over the way/end)..... at the start of the year you where talking them up ....... there a long way off us ...... we may see you in the finals ...... if you can come back from that poor performance on the weekend

Who is your us this week ?

Revised ladder predictor

St Mary’s - not much between them PH but far superior depth will see them flag favs
PH - big strong, weapons forward and good key backs, won’t drop many remaining games

Daylight

West Heidelberg - returning stars and the draw opens up for them having already played the top 2 teams away should gather momentum

Mernda - injuries catching up with them, luckily they banked early wins

Laurimar - big improvers from last year will be hoping they can win the close ones

Kilmore - another improver will be hoping for luck with injuries to stay competitive with teams fighting for the the 4th spot

South Morang - doing well to be competitive after the mass exodus of quality

Lalor - can’t see them winning too many game despite being reasonably competitive considering the position they were in, reserves are a basket case. Full credit to the committee to stay open

Reservoir - look to be struggling with no obvious avenues to goal might pinch a game or 2 against South Morang and reservoir if there switched on.

Revised ladder predictor

St Mary’s - not much between them PH but far superior depth will see them flag favs
PH - big strong, weapons forward and good key backs, won’t drop many remaining games

Daylight

West Heidelberg - returning stars and the draw opens up for them having already played the top 2 teams away should gather momentum

Mernda - injuries catching up with them, luckily they banked early wins

Laurimar - big improvers from last year will be hoping they can win the close ones

Kilmore - another improver will be hoping for luck with injuries to stay competitive with teams fighting for the the 4th spot

South Morang - doing well to be competitive after the mass exodus of quality

Lalor - can’t see them winning too many game despite being reasonably competitive considering the position they were in, reserves are a basket case. Full credit to the committee to stay open

Reservoir - look to be struggling with no obvious avenues to goal might pinch a game or 2 against South Morang and reservoir if there switched on.
I think this is pretty well on target. They 5 way battle for 3rd & 4th is going to ramp up after the break - those that can snare the 50/50 games or pinch one against the top 2 will be better positioned towards the tail end. Likewise, if you drop expected wins, it could cost at the end.

Good to see some :footy: footy discussion rather than some of the recent BS :poo:. It's a pity these forums are sometimes used just as a slagging platform for past grievances & agendas. But unfortunately it is the case and suppose you just need to sift through the meaningless banter and focus on the better content. Just need to ignore those fishing for bites. :(

On the subject of D3 formula for success, it has certainly changed & developed since it began in 2009. It attracted a lot of players at the end of their careers when it started, as well as those just not up to D2/D1 seniors. Quality kids were few and far between. But you can see now where more and more younger players make up the senior sides of successful D3 clubs. In saying that, I agree that you need to have older bigger body players, complimented by some of those 23-26 age player with 60-80+ senior games under their belt. And then you need to keep playing the younger kids in appropriate proportion to team’s future direction. I would prefer a 21-22yo with 40-50 senior games under their belt as they enter that middle tier than those with 6-8 games with no senior footy sense. I would certainly be playing kids with potential who may fade in & out at times over bigger bodied seconds players who will never reach senior standard.

I think Banyule and Watsy had a good balance of all 3 tiers in the last couple of years and success was their reward. Epping did go a younger path which saw them drop to D3, but it was not a choice to go with so many. It was a case of many of their D1 players abandoning ship when they were relegated to D2. Looking at it now, those kids are now the reason they are able to be competitive in D2 this season. They were unfortunate to probably be short a couple of senior body players in 2015 against Resa, who went the old formula of mostly senior players at the end of their career. Of course, Resa snatched a flag, but the wrong formula sent the club into recession the following season.

It’s an interesting debate, but clubs with the right vision and goals will follow the formula templates of Watsy & Banyule in the last couple of seasons and will reap the reward. Burra seem to be on target this year. They should be commended for sticking with their development of the group over recent seasons. It would be a great result for the club if they achieved it this year.

Heard a similar rumour that 2 handy players from Macleod may be joining west, but as you say could be just pub talk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the subject of D3 formula for success, it has certainly changed & developed since it began in 2009. It attracted a lot of players at the end of their careers when it started, as well as those just not up to D2/D1 seniors. Quality kids were few and far between. But you can see now where more and more younger players make up the senior sides of successful D3 clubs. In saying that, I agree that you need to have older bigger body players, complimented by some of those 23-26 age player with 60-80+ senior games under their belt. And then you need to keep playing the younger kids in appropriate proportion to team’s future direction. I would prefer a 21-22yo with 40-50 senior games under their belt as they enter that middle tier than those with 6-8 games with no senior footy sense. I would certainly be playing kids with potential who may fade in & out at times over bigger bodied seconds players who will never reach senior standard.

I think Banyule and Watsy had a good balance of all 3 tiers in the last couple of years and success was their reward. Epping did go a younger path which saw them drop to D3, but it was not a choice to go with so many. It was a case of many of their D1 players abandoning ship when they were relegated to D2. Looking at it now, those kids are now the reason they are able to be competitive in D2 this season. They were unfortunate to probably be short a couple of senior body players in 2015 against Resa, who went the old formula of mostly senior players at the end of their career. Of course, Resa snatched a flag, but the wrong formula sent the club into recession the following season.

It’s an interesting debate, but clubs with the right vision and goals will follow the formula templates of Watsy & Banyule in the last couple of seasons and will reap the reward. Burra seem to be on target this year. They should be commended for sticking with their development of the group over recent seasons. It would be a great result for the club if they achieved it this year.

Come on, whats this ? Not talking pot shots at players or club and worst of all making an intelligent statement.
You do know this is bigfooty lol

Of course, Resa snatched a flag, but the wrong formula sent the club into recession the following season.

I don't understand this comment. They won a flag...... must be a different "formula" to a successful one that got them that result.

Of course, Resa snatched a flag, but the wrong formula sent the club into recession the following season.

I don't understand this comment. They won a flag...... must be a different "formula" to a successful one that got them that result.

Point being they won it with a bunch of older players who rode off into the sunset on their unicorns happy to go out on a high and the club was left gutted

I understand your confusion on it - possibly should of called it an old formula geared for short term success. The subject is certainly for debate and everyone has a different gauge on it. But in current times, if I were involved with a D3 club, I would be building a side that can win a flag & then progress as a competitive team in D2. And I think Watsy and Banyule went along those lines. I really would have liked to see McCall continue for a couple more seasons at Watsy, but not to be.
And I'm not saying Resa set out to win a flag with no foresight to the future - I know the hard word the executive & footy dept did there to where they were and ultimately come back this year. It happened, and they have a flag that is theirs forever. But perhaps it should just be treated as a lesson for other clubs in their structure and development. Sometimes patient building leads to stronger prosperous futures.
As mentioned before, its just my opinion and we're all entitled to one. Plus probably got too much time on my hands at the moment rehabilitating & not much else to do except preach from my soapbox!! :rolleyes:

Can’t see any handy type players leaving macleod to go to west

On Heidelberg West page :
We wish to welcome recruit Jake Chiminello to the brown and gold family, Jake brings senior div 1 experience with powerhouse club Macleod and his versatility means he can play numerous roles including midfield, forward and ruck. After winning the reserves league best & fairest for 1st division last season we believe Jake is primed to become an asset to our playing group. Please make Jake feel apart of the Hawk family.

Loyal servant at Morang?

Played every senior game there 2 years back I believe, good on him getting out of that rabble of a joint “took his money and ran “ ...
prior played mostly reserves at north Heidelberg but has played in there seniors in div 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back