NFL Division Winners and all things NFL 2012/13

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah still only the opening game up on the TAB. My multi for week 1 is Detroit/Eagles/New Orleans/Houston and Chicago @ 2.66.

Can't wait for the Bears opener even if it is the early game.

Just had a look at the power rankings on the NFL site, and the ESPN site to see who would make playoffs, just based on them...

NFL.COM
NFC North - Green Bay
NFC East - NY Giants
NFC South - New Orleans
NFC West - San Francisco

Wildcards - Chicago, Atlanta

AFC North - Baltimore
AFC East - New England
AFC South - Houston
AFC West - Denver

Wildcards - Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

ESPN.COM
NFC North - Green Bay
NFC East - NY Giants
NFC South - New Orleans
NFC West - San Francisco

Wildcards - Philadelphia, Chicago

AFC North - Baltimore
AFC East - New England
AFC South - Houston
AFC West - Denver

Wildcards - Pittsburgh, San Diego

Not much difference really...Ross Tucker's power rankings that I listened to via podcast had quite a different mix. Seattle were winning the NFL West for example.

I see Dallas trying to make a defensive statement, and the Dallas O-line will as usual make life difficult for Romo, especially if the Giants defence comes to play like they did late last season.

1u under 45.5

I know this bucks the trend of week 1 overs for the Superbowl champs but it is only a trend, not gospel.

44.5pts is low line for todays game. While both teams have good D's quite often this results in turnovers and offences having short fields and being able to score quickly and often.

I think it will go overs easily and the history between these 2 has seen 50pt game totals the norm.

I'm obviously hoping the opposite in that it results in regular 4th downs in their own territory, plenty of punts and reduced scoring opportunities.

The only way it stays unders IMO is if both teams establish a strong running game and chew up 6+ min drives killing the clock. Don't think it will happen though as both teams have good defensive lines and both QB's are pass happy!

Week 1 NFL:

YTD: 0-0-0

1U Giants -3.5 vs Cowboys @1.90 (Bet365)
1U Giants vs Cowboys O45.5 @1.90 (Bet365)

GL all, and welcome back football!

Looks like I misread that one badly. Romo stood tall and the Giants D-Line couldn’t get it done at key points. And their secondary… let’s not talk about that.

Thought I might steal the total with the Giants’ late rally, but it wasn’t to be.

On with the week, and while it’s not ideal that I’ve dug myself into a two unit hole in game one, week one, there’s plenty of opportunity to bounce back on Monday.

Well done reidfactor and Pweter, well read and nice plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way it stays unders IMO is if both teams establish a strong running game and chew up 6+ min drives killing the clock. Don't think it will happen though as both teams have good defensive lines and both QB's are pass happy!

Oops, forgot about your love child superstar Murray.

Oops, forgot about your love child superstar Murray.

Not really but gee he was the reason it went unders!!!

Happy to lose a small wager when D man has a night like that and we get the win!! :D

Few I like for the tomorrow. Phill/Browns over 43.5. Jets ML Denver -1 against The steelers. Jaguars +3.5 over the Vikings. Good luck to everyone

Week 1 NFL (Cont):

YTD: 0-2-0 (o_O)

3U Patriots -4.5 vs Titans @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines)
3U Brandon Marshall o76.5 yards receiving @1.80 (Bet365)

2U Falcons -1.5 vs Chiefs @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines)
2U Eagles -9.5 vs Browns @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines)
2U Saints -7.5 vs Redskins @1.90 (Bet365)

1U Panthers -1.5 vs Buccaneers @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines)
1U Bears -9.5 vs Colts @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines)
1U Texans -12.5 vs Dolphins @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines)
1U Detroit -8.5 vs Rams @1.90 (Bet365)

Bears, Texans, Lions all to win SU @ 1.67~
As I said earlier, all these teams should win at home against some pretty bad opposition in the Colts, Dolphins and Rams.

Saints -9.0 (missed out on 7 unfortunately) @ 2.00
Think the Saints will be out to stick it to the NFL after bountygate (despite the suspensions being lifted). While their HC out they do still have Brees, who can carry the offense on his back. Brees @ the Superdome should be too much for the Redskins to handle.

Steelers +1.5 @ 1.91
Steelers have a huge revenge factor in this game after getting humiliated by Jesus in the playoffs last season. There are still queries on Manning's ability to play and while he played well in the preseason, the real thing is very different.

Week 1 NFL (Cont):

YTD: 5-6-0 (+1.4 units )

3U Patriots -4.5 vs Titans @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines) - big play hits. Ridiculous line and the Pats cruise it.
3U Brandon Marshall o76.5 yards receiving @1.80 (Bet365) – big play hits. Cutler’s favourite target covered it by half-time and was targeted 15 times for the game. Could be money all season if bookies are slow to shift.

2U Falcons -1.5 vs Chiefs @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines) – did it easy
2U Eagles -9.5 vs Browns @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines) – looks like the Dream Team might be a nightmare to pick again. I bought the hype. Bad read.
2U Saints -7.5 vs Redskins @1.90 (Bet365) – whoa…

1U Panthers -1.5 vs Buccaneers @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines) – Bucs have improved from the looks of it. Buc’s D didn’t let Carolina run with it, and Freeman did enough. Still liked this line, no regrets.
1U Bears -9.5 vs Colts @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines) – got over some early jitters to do it easily. Was going to hit for 2U but Urlacher’s knee worried me. Didn’t matter anyway.
1U Texans -12.5 vs Dolphins @2.00 (Betstar $2 powerlines) - struggled early but came out on top comfortably.
1U Detroit -8.5 vs Rams @1.90 (Bet365) – hey, Matt, how about you throw to YOUR team?
1U Giants -3.5 vs Cowboys @1.90 (Bet365)
1U Giants vs Cowboys O45.5 @1.90 (Bet365)

ADDING
5U Ben Roethlisberger o258.5 yards passing @1.74 (Bet365)

Could end up with egg on my face here, but I really like this spot. Mendenhall out and Redman carrying an injury means they’ll lean on the pass, and there’s always a chance of a shootout with Manning.

Well done everyone who picked a winner, and fingers crossed for the rest of week 1.

Bears, Texans, Lions all to win SU @ 1.67~
As I said earlier, all these teams should win at home against some pretty bad opposition in the Colts, Dolphins and Rams.

Saints -9.0 (missed out on 7 unfortunately) @ 2.00
Think the Saints will be out to stick it to the NFL after bountygate (despite the suspensions being lifted). While their HC out they do still have Brees, who can carry the offense on his back. Brees @ the Superdome should be too much for the Redskins to handle.

Steelers +1.5 @ 1.91
Steelers have a huge revenge factor in this game after getting humiliated by Jesus in the playoffs last season. There are still queries on Manning's ability to play and while he played well in the preseason, the real thing is very different.

I went with that exact same multi, and suffice to say we got lucky with Detroit scoring a TD with 10 seconds remaining to get the win.

I am liking Denver though had to take them -2 for 1 unit. This is more a gut feel bet based on Manning being a big time player and this is a big time occasion for him, new team, opening game of the season, home deck, combined with the Steelers defence being a bit banged up with Harrison, Worilds and Clark either playing sore or missing. Either way though, I can't see it being a blowout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back