(Log in to remove this ad.)

aussiedude

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Whenever I visit it it shows in AUD so was curious. Despite jumping countries with VPN
as soon as it hits checkout it goes to USD only. pre-sign up it let me pick if i wanted to pay in AUD or USD. but then didnt give me the option in the checkout.

Demonic Ascent

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Eltham Turtles, NY Jets, Celtics
My samsung tv has an app now which works well.
Samsung does not use Android TV, it uses the Samsung Smart Hub. My Sony TV has an inbuilt Chromecast so I can cast to the TV from my phone but the native app disappeared a few weeks back and still hasn't been sorted.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I downloaded the LG Smart TV app. Logged in, and it literally does not work, just a black screen with a version number in the bottom left.
It surprises me how in this digital era of on demand content an organisation as big and rich as the NFL cannot get something like this right.

ausbacker

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
I downloaded the LG Smart TV app. Logged in, and it literally does not work, just a black screen with a version number in the bottom left.
It surprises me how in this digital era of on demand content an organisation as big and rich as the NFL cannot get something like this right.
You're assuming they care about customer experience.

Brasher

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Indians
Thank god Im in one of the last places that will ever get NBN. Im on Telstra cable getting 100+ mbit. Im happy with that thanks
and as more punters switch to NBN you only get quicker.

like the last days of analogue mobile phones...no drop outs and the signal so clear you wondered why they needed a digital network

sblack

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sixers, Eagles, Man Utd, Georgetown
and as more punters switch to NBN you only get quicker.

like the last days of analogue mobile phones...no drop outs and the signal so clear you wondered why they needed a digital network
Exactly. Switching to 3g at sports sometimes the only way to get signal

Burningleviathan

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
Does anyone know how to fast forward on the samsung app? Ended up switching to the laptop tonight as i couldn't figure out how to skip the ads on the tv app.

Burningleviathan

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
New TV coming Monday will either be able to help you out or join the chorus looking for the same answer.

Are the rumors that the app is a bit buggy?
It just lacks all the options we have on the computer (even though that is limited these days)
Works fine if you just select the game and sit back and watch. Just don't go switching between games, etc. You are likely to end up back at the log in page.

Demonic Ascent

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Eltham Turtles, NY Jets, Celtics
Interesting that the Packers/Bears game is still up on kayo sports "on demand" even though kayo have said NFL will only be shown live and not available on demand.

Top Bottom