Green Bay Packers, Stanford
lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

sparkyblue

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
This absolutely needs to happen.

Thanks for your updates and contributions to this thread mate, very much appreciated. :thumbsu:

No problem. Happy to pass on what news floats across my desk. I'm less engaged on the Product side of things these days but that team sits just outside my office and some of them still owe me favours from when they worked for me :)

Also - the PS4 International rollout is still on the books - not quite sure why Sony didn't get it out to all markets last year but should be there this year.

subscription numbers will go up this year with Ch7 now in HD and with 7bogan in SD no more HD NFL for Free tv people.
This seems so dumb, but you're right. It's unbelievable that they can't run both stations on HD :'(

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
This seems so dumb, but you're right. It's unbelievable that they can't run both stations on HD :'(

It costs too much and they are already stretching the bandwidth too far, you can barely call it HD. i switched to 7HD on Friday for the AFL and the sound quality difference was huge so was the visuals. Its got worse since they added that racing channel.
The AFL grand final is the only time i watch FTA for more then 5mins now, Foxtel or Gamepass for NFL for me over the last 8 years

It costs too much and they are already stretching the bandwidth too far, you can barely call it HD. i switched to 7HD on Friday for the AFL and the sound quality difference was huge so was the visuals. Its got worse since they added that racing channel.
The AFL grand final is the only time i watch FTA for more then 5mins now, Foxtel or Gamepass for NFL for me over the last 8 years

I just returned from a week in the US and took a one month AFL OS subscription...watched two weekends of games (and whilst I had no benchmark to see how lagged the games were) the HD quality and lack of buffering was excellent (HD quality way better than FTA 7).

sparkyblue

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I just returned from a week in the US and took a one month AFL OS subscription...watched two weekends of games (and whilst I had no benchmark to see how lagged the games were) the HD quality and lack of buffering was excellent (HD quality way better than FTA 7).

That's what I use to watch Footy as part of my Blues International membership. It's very good and they recently upgraded the web player for 1080 streams. While there are cast restrictions on the stream, a simple HDMI hook up from the laptop to the widescreen TV will do me and my Friday and Saturday nights are set. The wife (American) has now also become a convert and loves the footy.

In terms of lag/latency - it's around 30-60 seconds based on my calculations (e.g. messages from mates actually at the game, twitter updates). When streaming, there is inherit latency (usually around 30 seconds) due to the transcoding process, the distribution networks, and however the client player chooses to buffer the content. That's about as best you can expect.

Also got mine. They no longer are offering just a season pass so i have been upgraded to a Season Plus pass at no extra cost. My subscription costs $129.99 USD.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Also got mine. They no longer are offering just a season pass so i have been upgraded to a Season Plus pass at no extra cost. My subscription costs $129.99 USD.
Got the same email.
Forgot I was on autorenew but it seems a good deal, price hasnt gone up but I get more from my subscription, happy with that.

Jipped. I had season Plus and my renew is $199.99 USD
9foL8FD.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got an email, but personally from Roger Goodel....not about gamepass tho, but asking for tips on being a commish.
Did you tell him to change the rules to suit your team?

Same here.

Have a feeling that we'll see a bump up next year to "Season Pass Plus" pricing.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I got the same email Lets just hope that the government doesnt tank the AU$ even more in the next month. well i hope they bring back monthly passes, because i have no use for gamepass after week 17. and still only use it for pre-season and live packers games. dont watch any of the shows or anything. dont want to pay like $250 or whatever it is when i only use it like 15 times a year.

If it had college football and CFB shows it would be a different story.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
So I just bought a Chromecast to so I can stream AFL games from the Telstra app to a tv.

Was wondering. Since my wifi connection at home is not that fast I usually stream the games with 4g since it doesn't use up my data.

Would there be a way to stream the game to the Chromecast on the wifi but stream the game through 4g?

Sep 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Denver, MVFC
Same here.

Have a feeling that we'll see a bump up next year to "Season Pass Plus" pricing.

The price for a new customer this season is US$260 - about $325

Happy about the free upgrade this year but get the feeling they are going to whack us next season. If the AUD tanks this is going to get ugly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back