NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

I'll probably pay it. Love my team too much, can't afford to miss another 6-10 season.

Considering splitting the cost with a mate who is a Pats fan and then if our teams clash, I can offer to buy the right to watch that game live from him and vice versa.

Haha dodgy behaviour from NFL.

"Your Season Plus Pass subscription is set to auto renew on or around 1 August 2017. That's when your NFL account will be billed in AUD at your previous 2016 rate of 279.99 AUD and your access to NFL action continues."

That is most definitely NOT what I paid in 2016, and the only reason I had a Season Plus Pass in 2016 was because they gave me, in their words, "a complimentary upgrade to 2016 Season Plus".

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky. Definite bad taste in the mouth.

Yeah I paid about $180 last year but it was clear back then that it was going to increase as I had it rollover from the year before in "season only" mode I think. That doesn't exist anymore, its the annual one or nothing hence the price hike. Last year I didn't get much use out of my GP, generally watched RedZone on Foxtel and didn't bother with a lot of other games once it was clear the Jets were gonna stink. Think I'll cancel my GamePass and stick with RedZone this year and then go to "other" sites for games I want to watch in full.

I'll probably pay it. Love my team too much, can't afford to miss another 6-10 season.

Considering splitting the cost with a mate who is a Pats fan and then if our teams clash, I can offer to buy the right to watch that game live from him and vice versa.
I'm reconsidering too but might reconsider my reconsideration. Really unsure which way I'll go but money talks in the end.

I'm reconsidering too but might reconsider my reconsideration. Really unsure which way I'll go but money talks in the end.

Zealbee is a lawyer, money isnt a problem for him, must be nice.

Yeah I paid about $180 last year but it was clear back then that it was going to increase as I had it rollover from the year before in "season only" mode I think. That doesn't exist anymore, its the annual one or nothing hence the price hike. Last year I didn't get much use out of my GP, generally watched RedZone on Foxtel and didn't bother with a lot of other games once it was clear the Jets were gonna stink. Think I'll cancel my GamePass and stick with RedZone this year and then go to "other" sites for games I want to watch in full.

I don't have Foxtel, but $280 is half way to buying it for the sports package for the year...

Zealbee is a lawyer, money isnt a problem for him, must be nice.

Don't believe everything you hear about lawyers in Australia, pay has not been great for some time. It's pretty hard to justify $280 on this but I don't know any reliable other way to make sure I can watch the Eagles.

Don't believe everything you hear about lawyers in Australia, pay has not been great for some time. It's pretty hard to justify $280 on this but I don't know any reliable other way to make sure I can watch the Eagles.

Move to Philly.

Can get the latest news from EDP at least.

I identified a lot with your earlier post GG. Mondays are my busiest at work, often home late. Gamepass' greatest benefit to me was condensed games which isn't worth the premium when significant highlights are available elsewhere.

Have watched less and less the last couple years. Plenty of boring games/lack of competent QB's.

Will be watching with interest how the performance of the new service fares this year.

I was just playing mate...

You had better luck than me. The clowns on their first response essentially told me to do it myself.

A second and more aggressive email from me did the trick.

Very disingenuous behaviour from Gamepass.

Same - second follow up email and its finally been cancelled :thumbsu:

I just must be a nicer guy... it happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I identified a lot with your earlier post GG. Mondays are my busiest at work, often home late. Gamepass' greatest benefit to me was condensed games which isn't worth the premium when significant highlights are available elsewhere.

Have watched less and less the last couple years. Plenty of boring games/lack of competent QB's.

Will be watching with interest how the performance of the new service fares this year.
Same with me. I used to be able to watch all the games condensed over a day or two after work. As well as all the talking and analysis shows, all the feature docs. But the last year I barely had time to watch much. It's just time not interest. Tho I'm over all the talking shows. They USED to be interesting, but have gotten way too sensationalist and overly entertainy. But anyway if I have time again I'll get too bored without my dose of gamepass....Cos I seldom ever get to watch stuff live. Time to time might wake up and redone it with posters here in the weekly thread.

They are pathetic... Just logged on to gamepass to see what the cost of auto renewal is and I cant even access my subscription, no where does it tell me how much I am up for, when I click on the subscription tab in my account it goes to a page that doesn't exist anymore. Is auto renewal $279 for a one off payment ? I didn't even receive an email from them inregards to this season. ******* hopeless.

Also there I don't know much about Apple TV, but latest changes don't affect streaming the app to Apple Tv and watching on normal TV ?

Last edited:
They turned off the auto-renew for me on the first email.

But they completely ignored the comments I made about how much the price has escalated in the last 2 years, and how saying $279 was a freezing of last season's price was a lie.

I'd like to think that I won't end up caving - I said yesterday that there wasn't a minute that I even considered spending $279... but I thought the same thing last season. Then AFL finished, all the AFL shows went with them, and I find myself watching 1-2 condensed games most nights of the week.

Granted, I can use "alternative means" to access those games, but it's just so easy to flick Game Pass on. If what was posted here about ATV3 not being supported is true, then that easiness disappears, and I won't get it. But if they do end up with an ATV3 app, I can see myself doing what I did last season and buying it after the first price drop which, last season, happened after week 4. (I guess the other factor in my uncertainty is that I haven't gotten around to checking out what the Eagles schedule looks like.)

When I emailed them the form asking to cancel my subscription/auto-renew, I said to them -- the price hike has me reluctant to pursue gamepass, might take a few years off, however, if you give me a $35 discount on the installment plan, so it's $279 over three installments instead of $315, then I'll keep my subscription going. They COMPLETELY ignored that comment/request, tip-toed right around it and said -- okay we've canceled your subscription.

Granted, I can use "alternative means" to access those games, but it's just so easy to flick Game Pass on. If what was posted here about ATV3 not being supported is true, then that easiness disappears, and I won't get it. But if they do end up with an ATV3 app, I can see myself doing what I did last season and buying it after the first price drop which, last season, happened after week 4.

My concern about ATV3 app being broken was, will it get an update? It's now a "last gen" device. Hopefully it doesn't get ignored as appears to have a large enough install base.

How much was the price drop last year?

GG makes a fair point about the install plan being unreasonably priced.

I hope I am also able to stick to my guns and hold off to see how it all pans out. Once the NHL starts in October I'll have a distraction every night of the week.

They turned off the auto-renew for me on the first email.

But they completely ignored the comments I made about how much the price has escalated in the last 2 years, and how saying $279 was a freezing of last season's price was a lie.

That is precisely the experience I had with them too. Turned off auto-renew, completely ignored the complaint about the deceptive price claim.

I'm out too. I'm away for the first month of the season anyway but if the price was more reasonable I would have definitely auto renewed.

Wasn't the pricing in the US only $99USD back in 2015? How do they justify the price hike over only 2 years?

I'm out too. I'm away for the first month of the season anyway but if the price was more reasonable I would have definitely auto renewed.

Wasn't the pricing in the US only $99USD back in 2015? How do they justify the price hike over only 2 years?

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back