Other NFL & NCAA Gambling Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good signing. Not paying much for him either. Are you guys planning to run the ball a lot this year? Was pondering CJ Anderson as a smokey for leading rusher.

Kubiak really likes Hilman, i drafted CJ thinking he would dominate this year in my fantasy drafts, what I'm hearing now is there is a good possibility of the two of them sharing carries.

If you're talking about putting cash down on this Z, i wouldn't bud.

Kubiak really likes Hilman, i drafted CJ thinking he would dominate this year in my fantasy drafts, what I'm hearing now is there is a good possibility of the two of them sharing carries.

If you're talking about putting cash down on this Z, i wouldn't bud.

You're right, the smart play is obviously Bell, Peterson or Lynch. Don't like the value though.

I believe you! I think Anderson was paying like $26 which was the main thing that got me interested. He's paying $26 for a reason though.

What site/s have the performance bets up?

Unibet have the most markets but all the majors have them: Sportsbet, Luxbet, Ladbrokes, Crownbet.

Huh, when i checked at the start of the month they only had division, conference and super bowl winner up on all of them. Oh, but i dont have a Unibet account cause their odds on the horses suck, but if they have got shitloads of NFL markets i may have to open one, are their odds better or just similar to the others?

Ive got a four day weekend this week so my time will be spent researching a fair bit on some of these markets i think.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to bank on CJ Anderson for anything. People have such short memories!

This time last year Montee Ball was supposed to be a top 6 or 7 running back.

Was it the year before that that they were expecting Hillman to come on, before they eventually started leaving him off the match day roster?

I can't imagine why anyone would want to bank on CJ Anderson for anything. People have such short memories!

Was it the year before that that they were expecting Hillman to come on, before they eventually started leaving him off the match day roster?

That kind of logic saw me trade off Morris a couple of weeks into his rookie year. :(

Ball was injured - CJ actually did something

however, Hillman looks like he is making a play to be that 'A2' that Monte referred to. Hillman has changed a lot of peoples minds recently, he was starting and doing well last year, before getting injured and giving way to CJ

Huh, when i checked at the start of the month they only had division, conference and super bowl winner up on all of them. Oh, but i dont have a Unibet account cause their odds on the horses suck, but if they have got shitloads of NFL markets i may have to open one, are their odds better or just similar to the others?

Ive got a four day weekend this week so my time will be spent researching a fair bit on some of these markets i think.
quite good prices on anytime touchdown scorers compared to other sites, shitty limits though, the rest is similar to the others, the anytime td prices are extremely good though.

Last edited:
You're right, the smart play is obviously Bell, Peterson or Lynch. Don't like the value though.

Just having a quick look over those prices and some stats and yeah, Bell definitely interests me ($21 Uni), can't help but think that one game suspension will come back to haunt us at the end of the year though.

Lacy also interests me at $13 (Lux).

Roughie/Value bet:

Lamar Miller @ $51 Sportsbet ($34 UNI, $41 LUX)

For a combination of a better Fins passing attack, better overall team (leading more in the fourth quarter = run the ball more often) and this being a contract year for Miller, theres every possibility much like last year with Murray and the Cowboys that they could run him into the ground. His stats from last year stack up favourably even against the best RB's in the NFL (minus Peterson of course)

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 4.58.55 PM.png

5.1 yds per carry is very very good. I dont expect that much per carry this season but i expect his attempts to go through the roof, 300+ is every possibility.

Peterson an obvious candidate but not as the favourite thanks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preservation GW?
With Rodgers under centre we are still predominantly a passing team. Plus I know the coaching stuff don't want to overuse Lacy so I don't think he will get the amount of carries required. Also if Bahktiari doesn't get over his knee problem we will have even more trouble running to the left.

With Rodgers under centre we are still predominantly a passing team. Plus I know the coaching stuff don't want to overuse Lacy so I don't think he will get the amount of carries required. Also if Bahktiari doesn't get over his knee problem we will have even more trouble running to the left.

Thanks, bud. :thumbsu:

Thanks, bud. :thumbsu:
He's definitely a good smokie though. I mean Bell is suspended, Murray and McCoy have changed teams and Seattle may look to throw more. But either way I don't think he tops the production of Charles, Peterson and Lynch.

He's definitely a good smokie though. I mean Bell is suspended, Murray and McCoy have changed teams and Seattle may look to throw more. But either way I don't think he tops the production of Charles, Peterson and Lynch.

Charles is always a candidate for the mid/late season rest for me, especially now he's getting older. If they look playoff bound i could see Davis getting a start or two later in the year.

Bell only misses 2 doesnt he? Whats he paying?

Judging by the hot streak he had mid last season, the suspension doesnt rule him out IMO.

Charles is always a candidate for the mid/late season rest for me, especially now he's getting older. If they look playoff bound i could see Davis getting a start or two later in the year.
It's one of the problems with betting on this type of market. Someone always comes out of nowhere like Bell and Murray last year, we knew they were good but I'd say they surpassed expectations. Then players get rested/injuries/have a bad day/face beastly run defences/shocking o-line play.

Judging by the hot streak he had mid last season, the suspension doesnt rule him out IMO.
Not buy any means.
Peterson - 49ers, Lions
Lynch - Rams, Packers
Lacy - Bears, Seahawks
Charles - Texans, Broncos
Murray - Falcons, Cowboys
McCoy - Colts, Patriots

Just the first 2 weeks and who everyone will play.
He could be looking at making up a good 150-200yds on most guys though.

It's one of the problems with betting on this type of market. Someone always comes out of nowhere like Bell and Murray last year, we knew they were good but I'd say they surpassed expectations. Then players get rested/injuries/have a bad day/face beastly run defences/shocking o-line play.

Yep, and thats why i dont heavily invest on the shorter prices in markets like these, happy to take the big odds for a smaller amount on players who may or may not break out like Miller @ $51. I couldn't bring myself to back any RB under $10, too many things that could go wrong as you explained.

$21 the best i could find.

2 games suspension means he's essentially missing out 30-40 carries. Its a shame because i think he would have cut the Pats to bits in week one as well, not to mention a depleted 49ers defence in week two.

I could see him producing similar numbers (maybe even a bit better) to last year even with those two games less but as GW mentioned, its still a lot of carriers and yards he's missing out on, its a decent head start he's giving away to the competition.

Having said all that, $21 is still a decent price if his attempts per game increase on last year. .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back