catattack

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2002
Cat Land
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victorian Bushrangers
For those NFL buffs on here, I have taken it upon myself to gather just a little info on what has been happening in the NFL (NOTE: little research went into this :p)

* Jake Delhomme has re-signed with the Carolina Panthers for $US38m (which includes a $US12m signing bonus) after a stellar year last year. Some NFL experts are still a little sceptical of whether it was worth it or not, and are yet to be convinced he isnt a "one-year wonder."

* The Seattle Seahawks have sold the naming rights to their stadium, which will now be known as Qwest Stadium.

* The Houston Texans have raced ahead of the rest of the NFL field, becoming the first team to reach agreement with a first-round draft choice, Jason Babin of Western Michigan taken at Pick #27.

* 2 weeks after telling the Denver Broncos that he would retire, Defensive End Marco Coleman has reversed his decision announcing he will continue to play in the 2004 NFL Season.

* Eddie George's future with the Tennessee Titans remains uncertain after the teams final mini-camp. Tennessee Coach Jeff Fisher is confident the team's career rushing leader will be on the roster when the Titans open training camp July 30.

* Dederic Ward of the Dallas Cowboys has broken his foot and could be out for upto 6 weeks.

* Preliminary talks have begun to get an NFL team back to Los Angeles. It appears that the University of Southern California Stadium will be the home of the new team, with other possible sites being Pasadena's Rose Bowl and a former landfill in Carson. NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue has said the league would decide on an LA-area stadium site by next spring, and hopes to have a team there by 2008.

Hope that keeps a few of you in the loop, if you werent already, im really looking forward to this up coming season of NFL Action!!

Apologies to catattack, he was still signed in on my computer without me realising and I posted that thread under his name. It should have been under my name.

Sorry catattack!!

Not a problem, Dasher39.
Originally posted by catattack
Dederic Ward of the Dallas Cowboys has broken his foot and could be out for upto 6 weeks.
And he only signed a couple of weeks ago too to add some veteran depth. His injury is a cruel blow, as they really didn't need any more problems at wide receiver. He will undergo the knife on Friday to repair the broken fifth metatarsal in his right foot.

But what would really drive them up the wall is that he injured it after signing with the Cowboys. They reckon he did it while working out at a Valley Ranch. The injury jeopardises his availability for the July 31 start to training camp in Oxnard.

Thanks for the update. It is not good news for the Cowboys but Ward would only be the 4th receiver on the depth chart so not a huge issue.

Seem odd that a city as big as Los Angeles doesn't have a team. I think the fans will be pleased to get a team back in L.A soon. Funny how they went from at one stage having the Raiders & the Rams to no team at all.

NFL review request

I'm looking forward to your collossal, multi informed and detailed team by team NFL review of the upcoming NFL season Oh_my_Hat !

ps. start with the Steelers !

;)

Originally posted by oh_my_hat
Seem odd that a city as big as Los Angeles doesn't have a team. I think the fans will be pleased to get a team back in L.A soon. Funny how they went from at one stage having the Raiders & the Rams to no team at all.

LA already has 2 professional american football teams...

the USC Trojans and the UCLA Bruins.

Seriously though, a new stadium will have to be built before Paul Tagliabue and the NFL consider adding another expansion franchise. The area at Carson is the most likely site...it is easily accessible from both LA and Orange Counties by freeway.

Re: Re: NFL News Update

Originally posted by catattack
Not a problem, Dasher39.
And he only signed a couple of weeks ago too to add some veteran depth. His injury is a cruel blow, as they really didn't need any more problems at wide receiver. He will undergo the knife on Friday to repair the broken fifth metatarsal in his right foot.

But what would really drive them up the wall is that he injured it after signing with the Cowboys. They reckon he did it while working out at a Valley Ranch. The injury jeopardises his availability for the July 31 start to training camp in Oxnard.

I don't think it will be that big a loss. From all reports the problem child Bryant has sorted out his issues with Parcells. He along with Johnson and Glenn give the cowboys three quality recievers. Not to mention the athletic freak Randal williams who if he can get his hands on the ball will cause some problems for teams in the slot.

I would've thought the big news was RB Ricky Williams retiring from the Dolphins on the back of a failed drug test.

RB Eddie George to the Cowboys. Yeehaw.

TO and Kearse fitting in nicely at the Eagles, with LJ Smith looking a possible gun TE this year. G Shawn Andrews (pick #16 in the draft) looks like a good get, and should give McNabb some nice completion time, not to mention breaking open holes for Westbrook and Buckhalter.

Originally posted by Porthos

TO and Kearse fitting in nicely at the Eagles, with LJ Smith looking a possible gun TE this year. G Shawn Andrews (pick #16 in the draft) looks like a good get, and should give McNabb some nice completion time, not to mention breaking open holes for Westbrook and Buckhalter.

RB Eddie George is a chronic fumbler. One mean LICK to the body and it's good as a FIRST DOWN to the opposition. :p

The Eagles are definately loading up expectations...loads of talent and I wonder if the EGO'S will hold 'em as ONE come the play-offs.

Re: NFL review request

Originally posted by Woodson
I'm looking forward to your collossal, multi informed and detailed team by team NFL review of the upcoming NFL season Oh_my_Hat !

ps. start with the Steelers !

;)
Woodson, I think you have me confused with Mooster7. He is our resident NFL guru who writes up reviews on all the teams.

I would've thought the big news was RB Ricky Williams retiring from the Dolphins on the back of a failed drug test.

The Eagles could be scary good this season. :(

Originally posted by oh_my_hat
The Eagles could be scary good this season. :(

I've heard that before. The cowboys will wipe the floor with that rabble.;)

Lets see the freak try and blow by big Flo. That's if he can stay out of the medical room long enough.

Let's see McNabb try and scramble against the speed of the Dallas D.

Let's see Owens try and become a team player and last more than one week without giving a teamate a spray.

Lets see the Eagles secondary which is depleted after the loss of their two star cornerbacks Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor try and deal with keyshawn and TG. Not to mention the "Problem child" Antonio Bryant.

And don't get me started on Buckhalter and Westbrook.

Bring on those green bastards i say.
:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by marcuz
I've heard that before. The cowboys will wipe the floor with that rabble.;)

Lets see the freak try and blow by big Flo. That's if he can stay out of the medical room long enough.

Let's see McNabb try and scramble against the speed of the Dallas D.

Let's see Owens try and become a team player and last more than one week without giving a teamate a spray.

Lets see the Eagles secondary which is depleted after the loss of their two star cornerbacks Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor try and deal with keyshawn and TG. Not to mention the "Problem child" Antonio Bryant.

And don't get me started on Buckhalter and Westbrook.

Bring on those green bastards i say.
:D
Believe me Marcuz, I hope you are right!! Preseason game on ESPN next Tuesday arvo. Denver v Washington. The season isn't far away!!!

Parcells is Over-Rated
Parcells is a very good coach but is not a great coach. The Cowboys have so many problems at QB that they signed Vinnie Testeverde. The man has great-grandchildren! If Old-Man Vinnie has to start any important games for Fat Tuna Parcells, Dallas will not make the playoffs! Plus Eddie George is serviceable at best. Too many miles on those legs! If he carries the ball enough to take a pounding, he will break down.

Cowboys should make the playoffs, but the Redskins and Rams will be breathing down their backs for that last playoff spot. If the Packers take silly losses to inferior teams, they could miss out to Rams or Redskins. Saints and Texans may be surprise teams this year. Jaguars and Bills could step up as well. Dolphins, Bucs, Titans, 49ers, Giants, Steelers, and Raiders will disappoint.

And now in no particular order:
Play-Off Predictions
NFC
Philadelphia
Dallas
New Orleans
Green Bay
Minnesota
Seattle
AFC
New England
Indianapolis
Denver
Baltimore
Kansas City
Houston

Surprise of Season: Ricky Williams, when he discovers it is illegal to smoke the chronic in China.

Originally posted by Woodson
The Eagles are definately loading up expectations...loads of talent and I wonder if the EGO'S will hold 'em as ONE come the play-offs.

Considering TO is in love with McNabb, I'm not too concerned unless Donovan's wife gets jealous.

Marcuz, the Cowboys have no hope. They might have an OK defence, but the Philadelphia defence welcomes back Trotter and adds Kearse. And now you don't even have Quincy throwing? Hahaha you'll be lucky to score.

And of course, Shaun Andrews is shaping to be a gun on the offensive line. We should see McNabb with plenty more time to complete, especially with TO drawing the secondary away so guys like LJ Smith (TE on the rise) can get in there.

NFC East is a lock for Philly.

And now you don't even have Quincy throwing? Hahaha you'll be lucky to score.

You see Carter not throwing as a bad thing?

Marcuz, the Cowboys have no hope. They might have an OK defence, but the Philadelphia defence welcomes back Trotter and adds Kearse.

An OK defence? The number one defence in the league last year and this year we will have two defensive ends with the addition of Marcellus Wiley who is a former pro bowler. Last year we only had greg ellis playing defensive end and our defence started one short due to the fact that super hack Ekuban was on the field.:D

And of course, Shaun Andrews is shaping to be a gun on the offensive line. We should see McNabb with plenty more time to complete, especially with TO drawing the secondary away so guys like LJ Smith (TE on the rise) can get in there.

Your passing game will suffer due to the fact your running game is average at best.

You see Carter not throwing as a bad thing?
Well, who's throwing now? Is there some hidden rookie coming through the ranks that is secretly a gun?

An OK defence? The number one defence in the league last year and this year we will have two defensive ends with the addition of Marcellus Wiley who is a former pro bowler. Last year we only had greg ellis playing defensive end and our defence started one short due to the fact that super hack Ekuban was on the field.:D
Looking at your offence, they'll need to be good this year as they'll be on the field almost all game. What, me worry?

Your passing game will suffer due to the fact your running game is average at best.
Our running game will improve because our passing game will be so frickin awesome :D

Originally posted by NakedDeadGuy
Any interest in a Big Footy Yahoo NFL Fantasy comp this year?

We have a bigfooty league started...just need a few more to sighn up and its a goer. If your interested just post your name in the other thread and ill send you the details.

Well, who's throwing now? Is there some hidden rookie coming through the ranks that is secretly a gun?

Vinny will start but there are huge raps on Drew Henson. Anybody is an upgrade on Quincy "Watch me turn the ball over" Carter.

Looking at your offence, they'll need to be good this year as they'll be on the field almost all game. What, me worry?

You think? Terry Glenn, Keyshawn and Antonio Bryant are all quality recievers. Eddie George is the power back and rookie Julius Jones will bring the speed. TE Jason Whitten was great last year and will get better.

And the offensive line with pro bowlers Larry Allen and Flozell Adams along with highly rated rookie right tackle Jacob Rogers looks strong. The question mark is the QB but we made the playoffs with Carter running the show last year so i cant see many problems holding us back this year.

Our running game will improve because our passing game will be so frickin awesome

McNabb can't throw if he is on his back...Look out for the blitz Donovan;)

You think? Terry Glenn, Keyshawn and Antonio Bryant are all quality recievers. Eddie George is the power back and rookie Julius Jones will bring the speed. TE Jason Whitten was great last year and will get better.
What, you mean Eddie George that wanted to play for Philly after being cut, but they weren't interested? As for quality receivers...they're nice when the QB can get the pill to them.

McNabb can't throw if he is on his back...Look out for the blitz Donovan;)

728-ANDREWS-AP.jpg

Whachu talkin about, Willis?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back