Podcast NFL Podcasts Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, a mate and I have just launched our first episode of our new NFL Podcast, 'Any Given Monday.' We will be posting a weekly episode providing coverage of all things NFL from a few Aussies' perspective. Suitable for the novice to the die hard analytical fan!

Please like our Facebook page 'Any Given Monday Podcast' and follow us on Twitter @AnyGivenMonPod

Looking forward to your feedback!

Hey guys, a mate and I have just launched our first episode of our new NFL Podcast, 'Any Given Monday.' We will be posting a weekly episode providing coverage of all things NFL from a few Aussies' perspective. Suitable for the novice to the die hard analytical fan!

Please like our Facebook page 'Any Given Monday Podcast' and follow us on Twitter @AnyGivenMonPod

Interesting time of the year to start an NFL podcast dude...

Can I get the podcast through itunes, or do I need soundcloud/audioboom/something else?

Can I get the podcast through itunes, or do I need soundcloud/audioboom/something else?

The NFL has proven itself to be a 12 month league these days, and we will have some exclusive interviews throughout the off-season, providing a great listening experience. As such, we feel we will have plenty to talk about each week of the off-season.

We've uploaded the podcast to SoundCloud earlier today, and are currently in the process of uploading the podcast to iTunes. Should be on there within 24 hours at the latest.

If you're on a computer, laptop or even your smartphone, if you go to this SoundCloud link through your internet browser the podcast will begin to play.

Solid first up effort with such a wealth of knowledge* that we all expect from NFL passionate guys.
Slaps on the back > kudos for strong points made:
Talking about that 3 & 1 moment.
Atlanta not eating the clock enough.
Julio Jones not getting enough targets.
Last Drive description.
Agreed wholeheartedly on the SB LI debate. Also ROPY, Zeke shades Dak for mine. Well said.
Mike Malarkey was a ambitious call but I kinda agree. Titans on the way up.

*Oversights :
At 7 minute mark, you guys were discussing such crucial / key plays:
Why not mention #52 Elandon Roberts putting that CRUCIAL stop on Freeman after taking the catch in the flat for a 30 yard gain? Did both of you go the bathroom to miss that big / underrated play? Miss that tackle and Freeman goes 90 yards with the possible game sealing score with 5 minutes remaining.
The moment Ryan overlooked Jones (wide open) at the 41 and instead overthrew Taylor Gabriel in that last Q (3:44 remaining).
You made mention of the near INT by Patrick Chung on the Hooper pass but the reality is if Hooper makes that catch, Falcons are in Matt Bryant's FG range.
Chuck Noll has also coached 4 SB's in the '70's having Terry Bradshaw as a QB, so it wasn't limited to just Joe Montana with 4 rings.
Could of let the listeners know how much possession the Falcons had in that last Q and how vital that first drive after HT was as the brave Falcons declined the opening toss.

Over n' out.. look fwd to your next podcast. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Solid first up effort with such a wealth of knowledge* that we all expect from NFL passionate guys.
Slaps on the back > kudos for strong points made:
Talking about that 3 & 1 moment.
Atlanta not eating the clock enough.
Julio Jones not getting enough targets.
Last Drive description.
Agreed wholeheartedly on the SB LI debate. Also ROPY, Zeke shades Dak for mine. Well said.
Mike Malarkey was a ambitious call but I kinda agree. Titans on the way up.

*Oversights :
At 7 minute mark, you guys were discussing such crucial / key plays:
Why not mention #52 Elandon Roberts putting that CRUCIAL stop on Freeman after taking the catch in the flat for a 30 yard gain? Did both of you go the bathroom to miss that big / underrated play? Miss that tackle and Freeman goes 90 yards with the possible game sealing score with 5 minutes remaining.
The moment Ryan overlooked Jones (wide open) at the 41 and instead overthrew Taylor Gabriel in that last Q (3:44 remaining).
You made mention of the near INT by Patrick Chung on the Hooper pass but the reality is if Hooper makes that catch, Falcons are in Matt Bryant's FG range.
Chuck Noll has also coached 4 SB's in the '70's having Terry Bradshaw as a QB, so it wasn't limited to just Joe Montana with 4 rings.
Could of let the listeners know how much possession the Falcons had in that last Q and how vital that first drive after HT was as the brave Falcons declined the opening toss.

Over n' out.. look fwd to your next podcast. :thumbsu:

I really appreciate your feedback. I agree that we probably could have included a few oversights. With regards to the Hooper near INT, we were referring to that throw early in the game, not in the 4th quarter.

We are now on iTunes

We are now on iTunes. Check us out there https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/episode-1-superbowl-li/id1204256300?i=1000381003242&mt=2

Sorry for the delay but we've had way too many technical difficulties this week. At one stage we spent an evening recording only for the audio file to corrupt itself as we were exporting it into a mp3 format. So I feel like I've had my head stuck in my laptop all week getting this out.

Episode 2 is finally here! We debate the Pro Football HOF picks, check out the NFL on social media, our first ever #AskNads and a HUGE Slam Dunc!

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/episode-2-offseason-week-1/id1204256300?i=1000381300271&mt=2

Apologies for the delay, but Episode 3 of the Any Given Monday Podcast is finally here! We cover a bit of social media, and have a MASSIVE interview with Scott Winter, our resident expert on all things to do with the Raiders proposed relocation to Vegas, and of course, a Slam Dunc....or maybe just a layup this week!

Episode 4 is up on Soundcloud and iTunes! We finally run through all the major coaching changes in the offseason, and begin our previews of Free Agency, starting with the offensive side of the ball. Of course we also cover the latest social media happenings and finish with the one and only Slam Dunc!

Be sure to follow us on Facebook at AnyGivenMondayPod and on Twitter @AnyGivenMonPod. You can also catch Nads on Twitter @HBNadolny and Dunc @DSoang. Be sure to fire in some questions for #AskNads.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast...ncy-preview/id1204256300?i=1000382167753&mt=2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My advice; get off of Last Word on Sports and invest a little bit of money into going independent.

I've seen plenty of passionate young writers/content creators chewed out by LWOS and I've seen zero of them ever actually amount to anything.

This is intended as positive advice.

My advice; get off of Last Word on Sports and invest a little bit of money into going independent.

I've seen plenty of passionate young writers/content creators chewed out by LWOS and I've seen zero of them ever actually amount to anything.

This is intended as positive advice.

i appreciate the advice. We're speaking to a consultant regarding the show in the next week or 2. Said consultant has extensive experience in sports radio in Los Angeles so we hope to have a clearer direction shortly about how we want to take the podcast forward.

We initially partnered with Last Word because we wanted a bigger platform to expose our product. And, in the short term at least, that has helped.

Really enjoy the Around the NFL pod, lots of good content and quite humorous, plus lots of Jets content with the Host (Dan Hanzus) being a long suffering Jets fan :laughing: Used to really enjoy the Grantland NFL pod with Mays and Barnwell so would be interested if either of those guys were still doing anything?

We initially partnered with Last Word because we wanted a bigger platform to expose our product. And, in the short term at least, that has helped.

I understand that, believe me. However there are no shortcuts to success, and the threat to your identity at this point is that people will only know you/remember you as a LWOS podcast, instead of your own identity.

If your content is good enough, it should be able to stand on it's own two feet.

Really enjoy the Around the NFL pod, lots of good content and quite humorous, plus lots of Jets content with the Host (Dan Hanzus) being a long suffering Jets fan :laughing: Used to really enjoy the Grantland NFL pod with Mays and Barnwell so would be interested if either of those guys were still doing anything?

The Ringer NFL Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back