NFL NFL RDT 2021/22 Season

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Both very solid teams. Think I prefer team 1, really like a lot of those picks, very nice
Thanks. Yeah i think i prefer 1 as well. Waller is probably too risky at that price given he can be boom or bust and is reliant on big plays/touchdowns. I am relying a lot on my RBs to keep up their production but like i said i have more confidence in them than the gun WRs. I can make it a real guns n rookies team if i drop Shenault and Kupp for (say) Ridley/Hopkins and a rookie priced player e.g Ruggs

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I don’t play Fantasy so I’m of no help sorry

In other news I see Pats have released Cam. Move on up Mac Jones
Jones comes into my team. Hopefully Fields starts in round 5 or so and can make a nice downgrade after he plays a couple games. I found a way to get Calloway into my side too but at the expense of G.Edwards - i downgraded him to Sermon and upgraded WR bench and a starter.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Im definitely finding WRs the toughest position to nail and by a big margin. There are just so many different players to consider at each price point. Given ive spent heaps of money on my RBs to try and lock in as many points as possible, i dont have enough money leftover to spend big on WRs. That is fine, in fact i think strategically it will work well. That said, i feel like im being spoilt for choice and Murphy's Law suggests im probably going to end up in the worst case scenario.

There are so many mid-priced options and rookies that i am considering. There are higher end mid-pricers like Kupp, McLaurin, A.Cooper and then there are real mid-picers like Shenault, Meyers, Mooney, Sutton, Jeudy and even A.J Green you could make a case for. I just feel like a kid in a candy store that just fell ill and lost all sense of taste and smell, meaning i should love having these options but its like every option appears the same and whichever i end up picking will flop badly.

Then there are the rookies, and again im spoilt for choice but i think ive found the right combination but then who the hell do i field? Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Marquez Callaway & Elijah Moore. I have to pick 2 and i just know ill stuff it up.

I admit im blowing this out of proportion especially because they are good problems to have, but every time im bored i look at my team and my WRs just dont appeal so i make changes and it never fixes the problem, it just creates a new one! Is anyone else feeling the same?

Mar 28, 2012
3rd spooky castle on left
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers Perth Scorchers
Im definitely finding WRs the toughest position to nail and by a big margin. There are just so many different players to consider at each price point. Given ive spent heaps of money on my RBs to try and lock in as many points as possible, i dont have enough money leftover to spend big on WRs. That is fine, in fact i think strategically it will work well. That said, i feel like im being spoilt for choice and Murphy's Law suggests im probably going to end up in the worst case scenario.

There are so many mid-priced options and rookies that i am considering. There are higher end mid-pricers like Kupp, McLaurin, A.Cooper and then there are real mid-picers like Shenault, Meyers, Mooney, Sutton, Jeudy and even A.J Green you could make a case for. I just feel like a kid in a candy store that just fell ill and lost all sense of taste and smell, meaning i should love having these options but its like every option appears the same and whichever i end up picking will flop badly.

Then there are the rookies, and again im spoilt for choice but i think ive found the right combination but then who the hell do i field? Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Marquez Callaway & Elijah Moore. I have to pick 2 and i just know ill stuff it up.

I admit im blowing this out of proportion especially because they are good problems to have, but every time im bored i look at my team and my WRs just dont appeal so i make changes and it never fixes the problem, it just creates a new one! Is anyone else feeling the same?
I wouldn’t get too caught up in it. Happens every year and in all formats, that’s why we have a salary cap, so many options but can only play so few. I’m in the same boat but no use fretting over the guys you don’t pick in the end. Back your gut and hope that the research/knowledge you’ve put in to this pans out. There will always be players you miss that MAY come back to bite you, but equally, there will be some selections you have made that pay dividends. Last season I finished 12th, I made a couple of bold picks in the pre season on breakout players/rookies others may not start which definitely helped me. But I also went against my gut not picking Claypool/Jefferson by listening to “experts” saying they will see limited roles despite there production in College. Moral of the story is trust your instincts, then you can only blame yourself if it doesn’t work out, but can also pat yourself on the back on the players that you hit!

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I wouldn’t get too caught up in it. Happens every year and in all formats, that’s why we have a salary cap, so many options but can only play so few. I’m in the same boat but no use fretting over the guys you don’t pick in the end. Back your gut and hope that the research/knowledge you’ve put in to this pans out. There will always be players you miss that MAY come back to bite you, but equally, there will be some selections you have made that pay dividends. Last season I finished 12th, I made a couple of bold picks in the pre season on breakout players/rookies others may not start which definitely helped me. But I also went against my gut not picking Claypool/Jefferson by listening to “experts” saying they will see limited roles despite there production in College. Moral of the story is trust your instincts, then you can only blame yourself if it doesn’t work out, but can also pat yourself on the back on the players that you hit!

Yeah you make a lot of sense. I was just complaining for the sake of it to be honest. Well done finishing 12th last season. As you say, going with your gut is definitely the best policy, even if it doesnt work i.e my AFL SC team this year. I can only blame myself, mainly for wanting to pick heaps of PODs, even one or two that i knew were way too much of a risk verses reward, but i digress.

I think what im struggling with is just as much about strategy now as it is about personel. I either go hard with RBs and try and pick a few WR improvers or rookies or i go with the value RBs and stock up with the best WRs, the rest of my team is just about set apart from maybe a bench player here or there. The issue with WRs is most of them probably arent quite as reliable as the gun RBs. Then im even looking at strength of schedule to help work out which WRs to start with, although im not emphasising it too much.

Anyway, i'll be happy when the season starts and i wont be going back and forth on who to pick, it'll just be who to actually field! Its definitely exciting though, ive followed NFL for years but this is by far the most keen i have ever been, which has flowed over into fantasy/DT but even if i wasnt playing DT and Fantasy my excitement level would still be very high!

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yeah you make a lot of sense. I was just complaining for the sake of it to be honest. Well done finishing 12th last season. As you say, going with your gut is definitely the best policy, even if it doesnt work i.e my AFL SC team this year. I can only blame myself, mainly for wanting to pick heaps of PODs, even one or two that i knew were way too much of a risk verses reward, but i digress.

I think what im struggling with is just as much about strategy now as it is about personel. I either go hard with RBs and try and pick a few WR improvers or rookies or i go with the value RBs and stock up with the best WRs, the rest of my team is just about set apart from maybe a bench player here or there. The issue with WRs is most of them probably arent quite as reliable as the gun RBs. Then im even looking at strength of schedule to help work out which WRs to start with, although im not emphasising it too much.

Anyway, i'll be happy when the season starts and i wont be going back and forth on who to pick, it'll just be who to actually field! Its definitely exciting though, ive followed NFL for years but this is by far the most keen i have ever been, which has flowed over into fantasy/DT but even if i wasnt playing DT and Fantasy my excitement level would still be very high!
NFL is an amazing sport, absolutely love it. Have started following College Football the past couple of seasons also. To your point about the POD’s I’d have to agree, it’s ok to play one or two, maybe three. But picking too many is just asking for trouble. Last season I went Kyler at QB (With Mahomes), Jonnu Smith at TE (Along with Kelce) to break out and had Robinson at RB which surprisingly no one else in my league did!
So basically just had the two break out contenders (Murray & Smith) in there along with the Guns n Rookies approach. Although I can’t make decisions for you I will say this, Wide Receivers break out better in year 2 than any other position group in the game. Guys like Lamb, Shenault, Mooney, Jeudy, Ruggs etc should all be on everyone’s radar. All may not rise to keeper level, but I’d expect some would

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
NFL is an amazing sport, absolutely love it. Have started following College Football the past couple of seasons also. To your point about the POD’s I’d have to agree, it’s ok to play one or two, maybe three. But picking too many is just asking for trouble. Last season I went Kyler at QB (With Mahomes), Jonnu Smith at TE (Along with Kelce) to break out and had Robinson at RB which surprisingly no one else in my league did!
So basically just had the two break out contenders (Murray & Smith) in there along with the Guns n Rookies approach. Although I can’t make decisions for you I will say this, Wide Receivers break out better in year 2 than any other position group in the game. Guys like Lamb, Shenault, Mooney, Jeudy, Ruggs etc should all be on everyone’s radar. All may not rise to keeper level, but I’d expect some would

It took me a little while to 'get it' but i really love it as a sport now! I'm not sure if ill ever get in to college footy though. Yeah, got to be careful with PODs for sure. Kyler was an inspired pick for you last season though. I did read that somewhere about WRs, almost all of those guys have been in my team at some point, but with how often i change it that is not totally unexpected haha. On the topic of PODs, i think reverse PODs are a thing too. Avoiding a popular player is a POD move. My current team doesnt have Tyreek Hill, a decision ive been agonising over but i think ive settled without him. Im not game enough to go without Mahomes but its a big POD move like that which can really set your team apart for better or for worse.

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
It took me a little while to 'get it' but i really love it as a sport now! I'm not sure if ill ever get in to college footy though. Yeah, got to be careful with PODs for sure. Kyler was an inspired pick for you last season though. I did read that somewhere about WRs, almost all of those guys have been in my team at some point, but with how often i change it that is not totally unexpected haha. On the topic of PODs, i think reverse PODs are a thing too. Avoiding a popular player is a POD move. My current team doesnt have Tyreek Hill, a decision ive been agonising over but i think ive settled without him. Im not game enough to go without Mahomes but its a big POD move like that which can really set your team apart for better or for worse.
100% on the whole reverse POD’s subject. Last year I avoided CMC and although he started hot he did go down with an injury early on forcing those who had him to trade. We can’t start all the premos, like mentioned, sometimes missing certain guns who don’t live up to their price is just as important as picking the next breakout player/right rookie

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
May I ask who the change was after seeing these predicted line ups?…
Dropped E.Moore for T.Marshall. I know Moore will play but i think Marshall is more of a boom/bust prospect and given he made it into the predicted lineup i think ill take a chance on him as my last WR. That said, im still not 100% set on it

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dropped E.Moore for T.Marshall. I know Moore will play but i think Marshall is more of a boom/bust prospect and given he made it into the predicted lineup i think ill take a chance on him as my last WR. That said, im still not 100% set on it
He did look good in pre season, and will be the 3rd WR at Carolina. Many touted him as the steal of the draft

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I think im set, havent changed my team for a few days and somehow got a projected score of 511 despite not using projections as a basis for selection. My team is super top heavy (mainly RBs) and im going for breakout hopefuls and rookies in the WR position. I ended up picking 1 or 2 players based on strength of schedule early on. Bring on Friday morning! :)

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Anyone given any thought to having a non playing player on bench (Donut) for C loophole purposes? I know that we will all get injuries at some stage during the season, but with the fact you can’t select an emergency on bench and therefor the lowest scoring bench option being your score for that position it really only leaves kickers/TE/QB as the positions you would want those injuries occurring..

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Anyone given any thought to having a non playing player on bench (Donut) for C loophole purposes? I know that we will all get injuries at some stage during the season, but with the fact you can’t select an emergency on bench and therefor the lowest scoring bench option being your score for that position it really only leaves kickers/TE/QB as the positions you would want those injuries occurring..
To be honest, i havent given it too much thought. If i was to go for it, it would be in the kicker position but id rather try and maximise cash production and i can always trade down to a donut later in the season.

EDIT: There is always the chance you cop 2 injuries in the WR/RB positions too and then can use the loophole there

1631198865314.png

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Made more changes after thinking i was set.

Obviously ive gone for both Zeke and Gus as i reckon they will be awesome and beyond Sermon (who i am still strongly considering) i dont see many good options. I guess you could question why ive gone with the likes of Gus on my RB bench and skimped a little on my WR bench with Marshall and Moore but i just see heaps of upside in Edwards while ive already got the WRs in that price range (Shenault & Sutton) that i want.

Furthermore, I ended up with the 6 RBs that i have because i wanted them all, even if it throws off my team balance slightly. Zeke takes a breather week 1 against a tough opponent while Edwards has the Raiders so im more confident in him.

My WRs have potential to either be a train wreck or a masterpiece, probably the former. TEs/Kickers/Defence pretty much picked themselves

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 6.07.43 am.png

Back