NFL NFL Stadiums Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If this happened at FedEx Field it would have been a national story. People love to s**t on that stadium but ignore issues at other stadiums.

The Bears not @ Soldier Field just doesn't seem right.
IDC if they play at Soldier Field or not

But moving to the outskirts of NW Chicago (the 3rd largest metropolitan area in America) just seems idiotic.

It'd be like the QLD government building the new olympic stadium at Springfield.

If this happened at FedEx Field it would have been a national story. People love to s**t on that stadium but ignore issues at other stadiums.

The more pressing issues for me are

1) Why did numerous people take ponchos to a fixed roof stadium. In a city that has rain 1 in 10 days a year, at an average of 1mm a day. This isnt Chicago dammit.

and

2) How the hell did he enter the stadium alive wearing red in Crips heartland territory.

IDC if they play at Soldier Field or not

But moving to the outskirts of NW Chicago (the 3rd largest metropolitan area in America) just seems idiotic.

It'd be like the QLD government building the new olympic stadium at Springfield.
For people who know Melbourne it is the equivalent to building a stadium in Frankston, Whittlesea or Melton distant wise from the CBD.

The more pressing issues for me are

1) Why did numerous people take ponchos to a fixed roof stadium. In a city that has rain 1 in 10 days a year, at an average of 1mm a day. This isnt Chicago dammit.

and

2) How the hell did he enter the stadium alive wearing red in Crips heartland territory.

This was at Soldier Field, I believe.

Would be a shame, I love Chicago and the stadium is in the perfect place and the area is nice to walk around.
It’s location is fabulous as is the city and it’s love of sport is probably only rivaled by Melbourne of the cities I’ve visited.
The problem is it’s owned by the city and not the bears, it’s the smallest stadium in the NFL and user unfriendly in the freezing winters.
The Bears franchise aren’t making enough money to continue there unless radical and improbable changes are made to the existing deal and soldier field itself unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, hardly the same as a sewage pipe bursting.

lol, hardly the same as a sewage pipe bursting.

(Repeating myself) - it wasn't sewage at FedEx Field, for what it's worth.

That was a lie that spread like wildfire, and the truth was largely ignored.

(Repeating myself) - it wasn't sewage at FedEx Field, for what it's worth.

That was a lie that spread like wildfire, and the truth was largely ignored.

Fair enough.

Still, you're essentially comparing one shithole to another, (the Panthers stadium is another shithole fwiw) hardly anything to feel hard done by over. Plenty of Bears fans hate Soldier Field and say it's an outdated shithole.

Now, one can't help but wonder if the NFL, in a never-ending quest to increase its wealth and raise an already towering profile, could use this as a test run for staging conference title games at predetermined sites — just like it does with the Super Bowl.

The owners are surely intrigued by the thought of two mini-Super Bowls before the Super Bowl.

Don't brush off this idea, which has been bandied about before — most notably by the late Lamar Hunt, longtime owner of the Chiefs, whose proposal in the 1990s was rebuffed by his fellow owners.

“He was a big-event guy. He loved big events,” remembered Bob Moore, the team's historian and former media relations director. “He thought a warm-weather, indoor location somewhere would be preferable" to decide which two teams went to the Super Bowl.

Not surprisingly, the players seem against the idea.

They believe the team that posts the best record in each conference deserves to play at home at least until the Super Bowl — with all the advantages that entails, from fan support to a familiar stadium surface to potentially inclement weather they're used to playing in.

“It's only right to reward the No. 1 seed from a long season to be able have home-field advantage through the playoffs,” Bills safety Micah Hyde said Friday.

But player sentiments are unlikely to carry a whole lot of weight.

This will come down to money, and whether the owners think they can make more of it with conference title games being held at neutral stadiums.

In all likelihood, they can.

“Obviously, the NFL is going to love that, because they’re able to pick and choose more stadiums to play in, revenue," Hyde said. “It would make sense for them.”

I got admit it does look pretty good though having a look at the vids, cost would be astronomical however, likely more than what it would to build the new stadium in Arlington Heights, and you can bet your bottom dollar the McCaskey's wont be paying a cent for it, over to you city taxpayer.

I got admit it does look pretty good though having a look at the vids, cost would be astronomical however, likely more than what it would to build the new stadium in Arlington Heights, and you can bet your bottom dollar the McCaskey's wont be paying a cent for it, over to you city taxpayer.
It’s the cities pledge to the bears to stay, so no the Mc caskeys won’t have to pay, but also won’t own operate or profit from it either.
Chicagos crime rates are alarmingly high and sticking billions into soldier field while turning a blind eye on a high murder rate isn’t going to go down to well locally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back