Portfolio NFL x AFL | Magpienato

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
In the not too distant future of 2100, the NFL has purchased the financially crippled AFL...

aafl.png
Welcome to the Bizarro World

Welcome to; the Australian-American Football League.

In this portfolio I will be showcasing the identities of AFL teams transposed onto an American Football uniform.

Will start with showcasing the helmets of each team and later on I will show the full uniforms. I'm hoping this portfolio can get some more people excited about the prospect of having a gridiron comp on this board :thumbsu:

Welcome to the Bizarro World​

Welcome to; the Australian-American Football League.
You wouldn't happen to be a fan of Dave Dameshek's work on the N if L by any chance??

Great idea, better then slapping an Adelaide crows logo on!
Yeah I initially had that, the crow logo is very awkward and didn't look too good by itself on the helmet. I decided to go with a map of SA to ride the whole pride of South Australia idea.

Yeah I initially had that, the crow logo is very awkward and didn't look too good by itself on the helmet. I decided to go with a map of SA to ride the whole pride of South Australia idea.
This is strange to hear considering that the crows logo looks like it belongs on a football helmet!

This is what I originally had in mind but idk to me it just looked a bit off, might just be me though

View attachment 591750
Yeah, it doesn't work with the red and gold outline, usually the logo has a white outline on navy although I reckon the red A from the logo would probably look better as it won't get lost like a navy crow on navy. Don't spend any more time on it though, there's another 14 teams to get out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the Crows one, I don't know how many you've done, but they'd all be great if they had something that WASN'T the club logo on the side, but that's just my opinion.

Great work so far :thumbsu:

This is what I originally had in mind but idk to me it just looked a bit off, might just be me though

View attachment 591750
If you angle the crows head (not as much as below, but you get the idea) it will fit a lot nicer on the helmet.
89985739.0kK2tETM.jpg

Having said that, I agree that the map is better than the logo, although I also think this could be moved slightly down and rearwards to fit a little better on the helmet (similar to Carlton's placement).

Overall I'm liking what you've done thus far. Any chance of getting a front-on or three-quarter view of the helmets as well?

Overall I'm liking what you've done thus far. Any chance of getting a front-on or three-quarter view of the helmets as well?

Thanks mate. I'll be posting the full uniforms which feature the front of the helmet right after I finish with posting all the side helmets :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Really like the Crows one, I don't know how many you've done, but they'd all be great if they had something that WASN'T the club logo on the side, but that's just my opinion.

Great work so far :thumbsu:
Out of all the teams there's only one or two which will use their team logo. However even these logos are slightly tweaked so they are still somewhat original.
Wait out for the St Kilda one, super happy with how the logo on that helmet turned out :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back