NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

1667351420701.png

Tiny? 160x135 sounds large enough to me. Would be bigger than Montmorency and Macleod?

Although it states the upgrades will benefit students and the new grounds will also accommodate Watsonia Heights Football Club, Macleod Junior Football Club, Macleod Cricket Club, St Marys Greensborough Junior Football Club and St Marys Football Club due to construction works at their grounds at the time so maybe this ground can be used as a back up for other clubs who require ground works in the future.

View attachment 1547622

Tiny? 160x135 sounds large enough to me. Would be bigger than Montmorency and Macleod?

Although it states the upgrades will benefit students and the new grounds will also accommodate Watsonia Heights Football Club, Macleod Junior Football Club, Macleod Cricket Club, St Marys Greensborough Junior Football Club and St Marys Football Club due to construction works at their grounds at the time so maybe this ground can be used as a back up for other clubs who require ground works in the future.

It's alot smaller then that. They bring the boundaries right in when the kids are playing on it. There is a huge gap between the boundary and the fence where parents and other people stand.
So they would have to push that right back to those dimmensions for senior footy to be able to play on it

View attachment 1547622

Sorry haven’t been passed there in years.

Looks great now.

Who uses it atm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep fair, done very well since coming up.

Can anyone stop Bundoora and Heidelberg?
Nup. Can’t see anyone challenging those two. Especially Heidelberg. Bundoora have lost a few but have picked up a few to replace them. Monty will be around the mark but not a real threat. Without Rob as coach West will get a few back from injury and VFL but will hover between 3-6. Greensborough will drop off. North will jump up and cause some headaches, but don’t have the depth of the top two. The rest are making up the numbers.

Nup. Can’t see anyone challenging those two. Especially Heidelberg. Bundoora have lost a few but have picked up a few to replace them. Monty will be around the mark but not a real threat. Without Rob as coach West will get a few back from injury and VFL but will hover between 3-6. Greensborough will drop off. North will jump up and cause some headaches, but don’t have the depth of the top two. The rest are making up the numbers.
I think Heidelberg will go in as the red hot favourites again. Bundoora shouldn't be far behind them. But it will be interesting to see who stays and leaves. There depth is going to be the issue for them next year.

Yep pretty much agree with everything said here.

Heidelberg
Bundoora
Montmorency
North Heidelberg
West Preston

Macleod
Greensborough
Whittlesea
Banyule
Hurstbridge

Bit early for me. West doesn’t even have a coach, plenty of clubs haven’t even announced a recruit!

Bottom 3 I agree with though.
Definitely very early. What would you change from what you have heard so far?

It’s time for a 23 thread isn’t it?
At this very early stage I can’t see anyone getting remotely close to Heidelberg next year. Still very early though.

It’s time for a 23 thread isn’t it?
At this very early stage I can’t see anyone getting remotely close to Heidelberg next year. Still very early though.
Might as well do the same for Div2 and Div3 while you're in the thread creating mood. Berg definitely the yard stick, daylight second. I've heard Hursty might continue to lose a couple players as well which is concerning for their fight to stay up in Div1

Might as well do the same for Div2 and Div3 while you're in the thread creating mood. Berg definitely the yard stick, daylight second. I've heard Hursty might continue to lose a couple players as well which is concerning for their fight to stay up in Div1
They’ve lost East to Bundoora and Clarke to Roxy anyone else?

Banyule, Hursty and Whittlesea will battle out relegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back