NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Broomsticks

Debutant
May 31, 2022
Launceston
AFL Club
Tasmania
Training at coburg vfl atm. He will be handy at D1. Maybe not a “star” but he can seriously play.
Where do your allegiances lie if you don’t mind me asking? For some reason I seem to recall you being pro-montmorency at one stage.

Hearing Berg has lured back a former bnf winner and 2016 Premiership star (but will wait for confirmation before dropping any names)

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where do your allegiances lie if you don’t mind me asking? For some reason I seem to recall you being pro-montmorency at one stage.

Hearing Berg has lured back a former bnf winner and 2016 Premiership star (but will wait for confirmation before dropping any names)
Brunelli?

2 good friends were playing at Monty in the past (not anymore). I don’t have a strong allegiance, just where friends are playing/involved I’ll watch.

I might change my ladder West Preston should sneak into 5th. Boro just losing too many.

Last edited:

hfchfc

All Australian
Sep 6, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

Tom Sullivan?

Broomsticks

Debutant
May 31, 2022
Launceston
AFL Club
Tasmania
What will he’s points be?

Spent 4 seasons at HFC so that would make him a 1 pointer I assume? He's an extremely versatile player with a ton of experience and I know Heatley rated him very highly. Even with the loss of Minogue you would have to think Heidelberg will be a 2-3 goal better side seeing as they have such a young group. I think they are in a similar position to what Macleod were in 2016 however VFL selection is probably going to cause some headaches for the coach and will most likely mean they won't be able to field their best side until September (like last year) but there's not much you can do about that unfortunately. Depth is the key to sustained success its no secret.

My top 4 prediction:

Heidelberg
Bundoora
Montmorency
North Heidelberg

Sep 21, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Spent 4 seasons at HFC so that would make him a 1 pointer I assume? He's an extremely versatile player with a ton of experience and I know Heatley rated him very highly. Even with the loss of Minogue you would have to think Heidelberg will be a 2-3 goal better side seeing as they have such a young group. I think they are in a similar position to what Macleod were in 2016 however VFL selection is probably going to cause some headaches for the coach and will most likely mean they won't be able to field their best side until September (like last year) but there's not much you can do about that unfortunately. Depth is the key to sustained success its no secret.

My top 4 prediction:

Heidelberg
Bundoora
Montmorency
North Heidelberg
Not sure how you can become a 3 goal better side, when you lose one of the best couple of forwards in the comp who kicked 55 goals and don't replace them. There next best goal kicker was 19 goals. It's a massive hole.
They have lost some depth aswell. If anything I'd say they have come back to the pack a little.

Broomsticks

Debutant
May 31, 2022
Launceston
AFL Club
Tasmania
Not sure how you can become a 3 goal better side, when you lose one of the best couple of forwards in the comp who kicked 55 goals and don't replace them. There next best goal kicker was 19 goals. It's a massive hole.
They have lost some depth aswell. If anything I'd say they have come back to the pack a little.
I’m by no means in the loop but I think you’ll find they have been relatively circumspect re: announcement of signings. Having Bunker full time is a massive boost as well. I’m basing my opinion on the fact the average age of the grand final side was about 22 and players like Kearns are primed to take the next step and become elite players of the NFNL.

Regular Punter

Team Captain
Feb 15, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Martin from Banyule has left, huge hole for Banyule with the amount of quality big ruckman in the comp. Don't want to use Langford all that much, as his talents are far better suited in a key position and new recruit Hallebone will struggle against the bigger bodies.

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Martin from Banyule has left, huge hole for Banyule with the amount of quality big ruckman in the comp. Don't want to use Langford all that much, as his talents are far better suited in a key position and new recruit Hallebone will struggle against the bigger bodies.

That is a huge loss. Big men like him are hard to get especially ones that are as good as him. Wonder where he is off to?

oldtimer

All Australian
Jan 26, 2006
kew
That is a huge loss. Big men like him are hard to get especially ones that are as good as him. Wonder where he is off to?
Turning 33, body not as young as it used to be. At the moment if he does play, will play with mates in the country at a lower level. Has been amazing for the club since arriving in 2019

Thunder1

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Regular Punter massive loss for Banyule.
Quality ruckman who will be difficult to replace.
Massive pick up for Woodend-Hesket and will dominate in RDFL

barrelsomers

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Turning 33, body not as young as it used to be. At the moment if he does play, will play with mates in the country at a lower level. Has been amazing for the club since arriving in 2019
Actually ran into him at the gym last Friday. Wants to play with his mates before hanging them up + he's got a baby daughter so the D1 + work commitments make it harder

Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Big loss, but think Banyule will be able to cover it. Might need to pay overs but still a fair while before the season starts.

Have plenty of talent elsewhere. Will comfortably avoid the relegation fight

Back