NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably just me ......God I would love to see Bundoora relegated to DIV 2 this year just to prove that money cannot buy you happiness!!!;););););)
Strange to single out one club, you could insert a number of others in this statement. Unfortunately for some it has.

Here's a breakdown of the game from Shelley St.

Q1: honours relatively even, NH slightly cleaner and more composed with the ball, taking a lead into qtr time

Q2: NH gain the ascendancy in the match, a combination of playing better and somewhat aided by getting the rub of the green with umpiring decisions (as happens in footy) and an inaccurate opponent- GB kicking 1.6 to NH 4.3 for the qtr. GB player yellow carded for descent

Q3: NH continue to stay on top, opening up what they and many others think is a match winning lead, GB get a couple of late goals to give themselves a chance. GB lose a player to a yellow card for a dangerous tackle, despite a NH player getting away with a similar one earlier. Margin 32 at the final change

Q4: GB start like a shot out of a gun, kicking quick goals to pile the pressure on NH, they are better at the contest and gaining ascendancy in the air as well. As anyone who's been around footy for a while knows, teams where there is a Hyde/s in the coaches box pride themselves on being super fit and running out games strongly. The same people will be aware of the NH no.11's penchant for getting himself reported, and that he is just returning from a suspension which caused him to miss a prelim that his team lost by over 80 pts. The umpire was right on the spot at the alleged incident and had no hesitation in handing out the red card. After the first few minutes of the qtr, as Dennis Cometti would say, "momentum is wearing green" and other than a brief period where NH get a goal and get some control over the ball it is clear the slime have too much momentum and will win, kicking 9 goals to 1 in the last qtr

The game was played like most others, a bit of niggle between 2 old rivals and the odd push and shove but nothing outlandish. NH did their premiership credentials no real harm and GB showed they may be a bit better than some predictions
Great Summation of the game...totally agree with that...

Eltham vs Mont - just after 14:10 in the 2nd quarter, #16 goes straight for Lentini's head. Surely a couple of weeks holiday for that.

Saw Lentini came off and did a couple of boundary runs before being withdrawn, looked like a rolled ankle as part of that incident.

Eltham vs Mont - just after 14:10 in the 2nd quarter, #16 goes straight for Lentini's head. Surely a couple of weeks holiday for that.

Saw Lentini came off and did a couple of boundary runs before being withdrawn, looked like a rolled ankle as part of that incident.
That’s a terrible, terrible look especially
when taunting him while he is injured on the ground.

People will disagree but if we are expecting blokes to miss 3 rounds due to concussion these sort of mindless actions have to be at least 5-6. They have no place in the modern game.

Umpire was in the perfect position and didn’t even give him a card though?

Strange to single out one club, you could insert a number of others in this statement. Unfortunately for some it has.
There’s a few clubs that could be candidates, especially with potential injuries and lack of depth in two’s.

Bundoora and Macleod are the ones for me. Both winless in one’s and twos with thirds playing Div 3 at moment.

Macleods thirds dominant at moment but not exactly the greatest position to be developing future ones players I would have thought.

If I had to pick one for relegation, I’d go with Macleod but it’s a fine line.

Bundoora loses

22 points to Mont
smashed by Boro
4 points to Hurstbridge

Hardly alarm stations just yet. Sure I don’t think they play finals but relegation?

Macleod have lost to Eltham, West Preston and Banyule. 2 teams who we expect to be in the bottom 3. Bundoora have that run they could be 3-0

Heaps to play out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back