NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

Long time since I’ve been on and due to other sporting commitments, haven’t been to many Lower games this year with yesterday being my 3rd appearance.

Fair to say some things never change.

The boys had crack but were never going to cause an upset, however certainly made Nth earn it.

Obviously Nth still have some issues with Lower. Geez if there was one player that came into the social rooms after the game, they were fairly well hidden. Kudos to the 2 supporters who hung around for a good time.

Boomer hung around outside in his footy gear for about 20 minutes, then left.

I understand there may have been a function on afterwards but surely one beer or soft drink boys?
Poor form

I can’t comment as I wasn’t there but they did lag us into the papers the other year then refused to serve our supporters after their home game. Not a good way to forge a relationship.
Move on clubs should be better than that to dwell on past

North Heidelberg has the worst club culture in the NFNL! All starts at the top with Boomers old man swearing and racially taunting opposition players from the crowd. Commission house heaven that joint.

I can’t comment as I wasn’t there but they did lag us into the papers the other year then refused to serve our supporters after their home game. Not a good way to forge a relationship.

Yep, i guess they have short memories. quick to throw stones.

North Heidelberg has the worst club culture in the NFNL! All starts at the top with Boomers old man swearing and racially taunting opposition players from the crowd. Commission house heaven that joint.
No club is perfect, but Lower and there so called respected members on the hill are nothing to be proud of thats for sure.

Heidelberg played ok even though it didn't show on the scoreboard against top of the ladder Greensborough. I still think West Preston-Lakeside are an outsider when finals are played at Preston

Heidelberg played ok even though it didn't show on the scoreboard against top of the ladder Greensborough. I still think West Preston-Lakeside are an outsider when finals are played at Preston
Yeh West did look pretty good Saturday. Although if they play Kovasevic at Preston he has to be fit, he can’t sit at full forward like he did Saturday. He couldn’t move and against a defence like a Greensborough he would get embarrassed and be a liability

I think I might step in here keyboard warrior Zoidberg I'm not copping that rubbish. if the culture at North was the worst in the comp explain to me why
Div 1 clubs have welcomed us back since our return in 2018 & that is straight from the committee of opposition clubs.

No club is perfect, we certainly aren't & yes there is the odd member well actually call it a follower who may push the boundary with certain behaviours that are not accepted at this club & they are dealt with quickly. As for the individual you talk about any racial abuse is not tolerated & if it was occurring we would have heard about it by now.

Your comment on the commission house surely you are taking PI5 as the majority of the playing & off field membership reside in other suburbs nearby, far & wide & also a few in the leafy suburbs of the East. The facilities could do with an upgrade we all know that but small steps hey when dealing with Council.

The image thing will probably always exist but that is a key driver in why you put your hand up as a VOLUNTEER up for a challenge. One thing this club does have however is spirit that I know many other clubs in metro comps would die for.

Last edited:
Couldn’t give a s**t if you’re copping it or not. I’ve seen it first hand for the last 15 years. As soon as things don’t go your way you go the knuckle and the person I mentioned in the original post has done it time and time again and your club has done nothing about it. And trust me you club has heard about it but has done SFA because it’s Lord Neil. Look at the last 2 times you’ve played Northern Blues... they won’t be playing you guys ever again. You change perception by changing behaviours and your club has done neither.

Couldn’t give a s**t if you’re copping it or not. I’ve seen it first hand for the last 15 years. As soon as things don’t go your way you go the knuckle and the person I mentioned in the original post has done it time and time again and your club has done nothing about it. And trust me you club has heard about it but has done SFA because it’s Lord Neil. Look at the last 2 times you’ve played Northern Blues... they won’t be playing you guys ever again. You change perception by changing behaviours and your club has done neither.
We will leave it at that buddy.

Last edited:
I think I might step in here keyboard warrior Zoidberg I'm not copping that rubbish. if the culture at North was the worst in the comp explain to me why
Div 1 clubs have welcomed us back since our return in 2018 & that is straight from the committee of opposition clubs.

No club is perfect, we certainly aren't & yes there is the odd member well actually call it a follower who may push the boundary with certain behaviours that are not accepted at this club & they are dealt with quickly. As for the individual you talk about any racial abuse is not tolerated & if it was occurring we would have heard about it by now.

Your comment on the commission house surely you are taking PI5 as the majority of the playing & off field membership reside in other suburbs nearby, far & wide & also a few in the leafy suburbs of the East. The facilities could do with an upgrade we all know that but small steps hey when dealing with Council.

The image thing will probably always exist but that is a key driver in why you put your hand up as a VOLUNTEER up for a challenge. One thing this club does have however is spirit that I know many other clubs in metro comps would die for.
Well said , but just want you to clarify .. are you saying the person mentioned isn’t a paid up member ? If I’m reading right that’s not real flash ok hes behalf .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said , but just want you to clarify .. are you saying the person mentioned isn’t a paid up member ? If I’m reading right that’s not real flash ok hes behalf .
Not saying that at all but generally you end up wasting dead air on many things that happen over the year where the cause of the problem can be a person who is not even a member of your club.

Boomers behaviour has been nothing short of laughable at the games I've seen.

When the umpire is watching he's throwing his arms back playing for a free kick, then when the umpire turns away he twice threw head butts followed by some jumper punches to his opponent. Judging by the scratches on his opponents face there was some stuff going on under the packs too. he was eventually sent off on that day.

such a shame, i'd always respected him as an AFL player, but he's let himself down.

Correct me if I'm wrong, they also had a practice match with a VFL side called off due to the game becoming dangerous?

Boomers behaviour has been nothing short of laughable at the games I've seen.

When the umpire is watching he's throwing his arms back playing for a free kick, then when the umpire turns away he twice threw head butts followed by some jumper punches to his opponent. Judging by the scratches on his opponents face there was some stuff going on under the packs too. he was eventually sent off on that day.

such a shame, i'd always respected him as an AFL player, but he's let himself down.

Correct me if I'm wrong, they also had a practice match with a VFL side called off due to the game becoming dangerous?
Yeah that was against the Northern Blues. From what Triple M's Jay Clark said, a Northern Blues player started the scuffle and the North Heidelberg players ended it. Match called off by both coaches.

Any truth in a rumour of North Heidelberg looking at Ford Park as a potential new home ground? decent ground and lights, but I don't know if you can park cars around the fence.

Is this the same bloke who broke the AFL games record and came back to the NFL only to have his jaw broken by a sniper in the GF a couple of years back? Did you hear about his broken jaw? I don’t believe so.

Could you imagine being one of the games greatest players ever, yet you don’t get any protection from the umps at local level and then have complete fu**wi$s on here say he is a sook.

It’s amazing he has kept playing, but obviously he has something most don’t have which is why is a legend of the game.
Spitting blood on an opposition player really screams "Legend of the Game!"

Any news on caching movements with many teams finishing up for 2019? I know LP and HB coaches have re committed, NP are on the hunt, any news on Bundoora and Macleod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back