NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Any word on players leaving or signing back on at clubs?
I know a lot of clubs are now trying to lock away all players for next year, if they haven’t already

While there is not much footy to talk about thought I’d ask a question!!

Has the standard of division 1 improved or gone backwards from 2000 until now and which era was the best footy?

While there is not much footy to talk about thought I’d ask a question!!

Has the standard of division 1 improved or gone backwards from 2000 until now and which era was the best footy?
Definetly got better in my opinion, I couldn't think of any Past Teams who could have beaten Greensborough last year.
West Preston won because they were so relentless with their pressure.
Heidelberg during their best years were pretty good.
I think it's the introduction of more AFL, VFL players have made the difference as well as some good coaches.
There's no doubt Rob Maiorana the Coach of West Preston is a Gun.
In Division 2 Whittlesea's Coach Blair Harvey looks like he could be the goods as well.
Just my personal opinion but I've seen every Grand Final for the last 15 years.
My big concern is in the Future the standard may go down for a while because of the new Salary Cap.

Last edited:
Definetly got better in my opinion, I couldn't think of any Past Teams iwho could have beaten Greensborough last year.
West Preston won because they were so relentless with their pressure.
Heidelberg during their best years were pretty good.
I think it's the introduction of more AFL, VFL players have made the difference as well as some good coaches.
There's no doubt Rob Maiorana the Coach of West Preston is a Gun.
In Division 2 Whittlesea's Coach Blair Harvey looks like he could be the goods as well.
Just my personal opinion but I've seen every Grand Final for the last 15 years.
My big concern is in the Future the standard may go down for a while because of the new Salary Cap.
The standard might dip a little as the mercenaries that are only playing for the big dollars will not want to play for less but most players will have too drop their wage expectations as there is just not the money around even with the lower cap clubs will struggle to even find that amount as there is just not the spouncers around with the spare cash anymore

The standard might dip a little as the mercenaries that are only playing for the big dollars will not want to play for less but most players will have too drop their wage expectations as there is just not the money around even with the lower cap clubs will struggle to even find that amount as there is just not the spouncers around with the spare cash anymore
Plus the generation of kids who’d prefer to play iPad and PS4 games instead of kicking a footy will probably impact the game and standard in time

I’d actually go the other way. I believe the teams from 2000-2013 would have won last years grand Final in a canter. The standard has dropped dramatically. Heidelberg, Northcote Park and Bundoora sides in that era would have beaten Greensborough easily! All those sides didn’t have a weekness across the park. Where as Greensborough have a very ordinary forward line!

Hearing Majak Daw has linked up with Boomer and NH. Good luck opposition big men.

Hearing Majak Daw has linked up with Boomer and NH. Good luck opposition big men.
Huge pick up if true. Be great ruck, forward or back. Coaches dream

I think he’s still playing VFL from what I know.
Weren’t North Heidelberg supposedly getting Jamie Macmillan aswell? I believe he just got the head of football role at North Melbourne , so he’s out !

Hearing some big name players are leaving the NFNL because of money and other reasons like heading home.

Not sure it’s going to be the strongest Como we’ve seen next year.

Greensborough and West Preston could fight it out again!

Just heard Dennis is leaving Bundoora to play interstate.
Yes he did slow down a bit last year.
But will go down as one of the greats of the league!
Will never forget his performance against Macleod in the 2017 Grand Final!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard Dennis is leaving Bundoora to play interstate.
Yes he did slow down a bit last year.
But will go down as one of the greats of the league!
Will never forget his performance against Macleod in the 2017 Grand Final!
Yes agree one of the greats but told you this back in July and you shot me down..( Just having a joke )

Good luck to him in his new chapter.

Yes agree one of the greats but told you this back in July and you shot me down..( Just having a joke )

Good luck to him in his new chapter.
No buddy i shot you down because you suggested he was all about the $$$$. Which is absolute garbage!
And reading your previous posts you have suggested he was leaving the past few years. A clock is always right twice a day.
If you knew why he was leaving you’d know you are completly wrong yet Again!!!

No buddy i shot you down because you suggested he was all about the $$$$. Which is absolute garbage!
And reading your previous posts you have suggested he was leaving the past few years. A clock is always right twice a day.
If you knew why he was leaving you’d know you are completly wrong yet Again!!!
I'll take your word for it that he isn't all about the $$$ that's fine but going for 1 year in my opinion really contradicts his statement about an opportunity to good to refuse in a very low level Comp.If its about that you'd know you are staying more than 1 year. Not have a year and take what given. But again just my thoughts.

As I said in my post I wish him all the best. And if hes playing there for ZERO $$$$ I'll take that back but I guarantee hes not playing for nothing.

I'll take your word for it that he isn't all about the $$$ that's fine but going for 1 year in my opinion really contradicts his statement about an opportunity to good to refuse in a very low level Comp.If its about that you'd know you are staying more than 1 year. Not have a year and take what given. But again just my thoughts.

As I said in my post I wish him all the best. And if hes playing there for ZERO $$$$ I'll take that back but I guarantee hes not playing for nothing.
If he was all about the dollars why didn’t he leave Bundoora for years and years considering other clubs offered him thousands more then what Bundoora did during that time?
Ofcourse he’s getting paid well down there.
But as I said you have no idea about the reasons why he’s gone there and you would look like a fool and a prick
If you knew!!

If he was all about the dollars why didn’t he leave Bundoora for years and years considering other clubs offered him thousands more then what Bundoora did during that time?
But as I said you have no idea about the reasons why he’s gone there and you would look like a fool and a prick
If you knew!!
Yeah ok no worries. Good on him.

If you knew!!
Also correct me if I'm wrong I've said good luck to him ? But you must have missed that

How many clubs have been granted permission to return to train? I’ve seen hurstbridge, nillumbik and city of whittlesea clubs announce there return. Massive advantage over the clubs not allowed to return until Feb

How many clubs have been granted permission to return to train? I’ve seen hurstbridge, nillumbik and city of whittlesea clubs announce there return. Massive advantage over the clubs not allowed to return until Feb
I think massive advantage is a huge overstatement. 4 sessions before Christmas will mean nothing if players commit early next year.

I think massive advantage is a huge overstatement. 4 sessions before Christmas will mean nothing if players commit early next year.
So you reckon clubs coming together and working on connection and there game plan for 2 months is not an advantage. Coming off no season, building chemistry is crucial otherwise why do we ever do preseason?

The social aspect is a far bigger advantage than any physical advantage, as a player for a club in Banyule we've spoken about just wanting to kick the footy with the mates and have some fun after a s**t year. Any physical conditioning gained for 3-4 sessions is just a bonus.

Fixtures out:
Anyone want an early ladder prediction?

Greensborough
West Preston
Montmorency
North Heidelberg
Macleod
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Whittlesea
Hurtsbridge
Northcote Park