NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

[/QUOTE
Yeh it’s up to the league, but under the rules provided by AFL VIC. So at this stage AFL VIC have said no canteens, bars or social rooms, that pretty much ties the hands of the leagues if they wanted to start. So I’d say AFL VIC pretty much run the show if you are under there banner

I understand that, however, YJFL are juniors - no social rooms or bar isn't an issue as can't drink at Junior games. Canteen will have a small impact, however, players fees will cover nearly all of the costs involved in running a season.

Interesting to watch the NRL last night. Vlandys was smashed when he said they would play on May 28, not a single person agreed or thought it was possible too many question marks, restrictions and uncertainty and even leading up to this week there was some doubts but he got it done. Great leadership and set the standard for AFL to follow. July 25th is 8 weeks away and nobody is standing up and saying let’s have a crack at it. Let’s come up with solutions. I am fully across the things standing in the way at the moment but what if they aren’t there in a months time?
Good on the YJFL for setting a timeline and providing some hope in a time of uncertainty and negativity for young kids.

AFL Vic have put it to the state government that canteens & or bars should open up in line with restaurants & hotels opening up. And have a gradual increase of crowd numbers throughout the season. If these 2 requests occur then it should save most footy seasons

AFL Vic have put it to the state government that canteens & or bars should open up in line with restaurants & hotels opening up. And have a gradual increase of crowd numbers throughout the season. If these 2 requests occur then it should save most footy seasons
Would need social rooms to be allowed open after games, that’s when most clubs make there money. Canteens bring in bugger all after costs.

Definitely not one of the rules. Nothing at all has been released by YJFL. Meeting on June 2nd to go through everything with Clubs. At this stage they have set a date and clubs can start training next Monday.
The rule about cars, etc was in the media. We are still waiting on AFL Vic to send us details of 20 in a group requirements, etc.
At this stage it doesn't matter who is with AFL Vic. It is entirely the leagues decision if they play or not. AFL VIC provide recommendations.

90% of grounds in YJFL have no parking at all around them. If this was a rule then there would be no way the league could start and as they have announced they will be starting i doubt this rule would even be considered

Its front and centre on their website.

Some of the comments or info appear to have come from Govt circles, as I can’t see how else knowledge of the exact timelines etc present whilst others appear to be guessing and/or assuming.

If their info is in fact gospel, good on them for having inside knowledge from Spring Street as we all seek something definitive ... maybe it may create a wave of followers based on said intel.

Some of the comments or info appear to have come from Govt circles, as I can’t see how else knowledge of the exact timelines etc present whilst others appear to be guessing and/or assuming.

If their info is in fact gospel, good on them for having inside knowledge from Spring Street as we all seek something definitive ... maybe it may create a wave of followers based on said intel.

Might be right out of the Peter V'Landys playbook.

Dr Peter Bruekner said on SEN today that it is important the government eases restrictions around community sport. He said that Transmission is caused by sustained contact and you are more likely to get it sitting at a bus stop or next to somebody in a crowded audience not by bumping or tackling someone on a footy field.

Define bugger all?

Search Results
Dictionary

bugger all

/ˌbʌɡər ˈɔːl/
phrase of bugger

1. VULGAR SLANG•BRITISH
    nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dr Peter Bruekner said on SEN today that it is important the government eases restrictions around community sport. He said that Transmission is caused by sustained contact and you are more likely to get it sitting at a bus stop or next to somebody in a crowded audience not by bumping or tackling someone on a footy field.
So how does that fix crowd issues when he even sais you can contract it with a crowded audience?

Thoughts on the NFNL league team of the decade? I know it’s only by popular vote, but I’d say a fair few of them wouldn’t make the actual side

5 grand finals and 2 flags surely that wins just over rob marioa
I don’t agree, A division 2 flag IMO is only valued so high. You realistically are the 11th best team in the league...

Panther almost snagged one with a average at best coach because they had a good list.

2 division 1 flags by Plunkett and Robbie are way above that any day for me.

All great coaches but D1 flags are gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back