NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news from Northcote Park? Haven’t heard much in terms of recruiting. Are they going to pull together a 2s
Is it true Myers and Mitchell have both left without playing a game?

Would be sad to see such a strong club struggle and not be able to field a reserves side.
But I think it may be a tough year for them!

On a side not, if you can’t field a 2s side, should you be playing Divison 1?

On a side not, if you can’t field a 2s side, should you be playing Divison 1?

That is a very good point and I do not think they should, how many injuries until you forfiet a senior game....that cannot happen and blokes are not training all year to not get a game. However I was in a Cafe in Station St the other week and heard a few blokes taking about training and they seemed upbeat about numbers, one mentioned that there was a few signings to come, no names were dropped though. I was overhearing waiting for my takeaway but sure they were talking about NP.

That is a very good point and I do not think they should, how many injuries until you forfiet a senior game....that cannot happen and blokes are not training all year to not get a game. However I was in a Cafe in Station St the other week and heard a few blokes taking about training and they seemed upbeat about numbers, one mentioned that there was a few signings to come, no names were dropped though. I was overhearing waiting for my takeaway but sure they were talking about NP.
Let’s hope they get the 2 sides up and running!
And I agree with you, if your a Division 1 club and can’t field a reserves side, then you forfeit your spot in the top Division!

Wow not good. Include Close, Starsevich and Galloway to Coburg.
Trouble stations!!
Close gone to coach Old Ivanhoe. Not playing.
Starcevich is cooked. Hasn’t trained much at Shelley reserve. Doubt he’ll play much.
Not having Galloway full time will hurt them but I reckon they’ll surprise a few teams overall.
The bloke they signed from ACT area in 2020 is someone to look out for.

Close gone to coach Old Ivanhoe. Not playing.
Starcevich is cooked. Hasn’t trained much at Shelley reserve. Doubt he’ll play much.
Not having Galloway full time will hurt them but I reckon they’ll surprise a few teams overall.
The bloke they signed from ACT area in 2020 is someone to look out for.
Starsevich cooked?
So cooked that Port Melbourne have signed him?
He’s training at VFL, that’s why he’s not at Shelley Park 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Starsevich cooked?
So cooked that Port Melbourne have signed him?
He’s training at VFL, that’s why he’s not at Shelley Park 🤦‍♂️
Yeah his back is cooked mate. Port has signed him, hope he’s get a good run at it but his body is falling apart. He has signed for good coin at Shelley Reserve, wouldn’t surprise me if he causes a bit of unrest with the natives.

Yeah his back is cooked mate. Port has signed him, hope he’s get a good run at it but his body is falling apart. He has signed for good coin at Shelley Reserve, wouldn’t surprise me if he causes a bit of unrest with the natives.
I presume Port Melbourne would have done there checks and got there doctors to look at him. No way they would sign him if his back was cooked!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great Pick up from Heidelberg to get Bellchambers for the majority of the season. Now have the 2 best big men in the comp

Shame about the news coming out of Hurstbridge. NFNL legend may have played his last game as he is out for the season.

What happened? Couldn’t open the article

The Hurstbridge and Montmorency great ruptured his Achilles tendon on a day out with his family last month and underwent surgery.

It will require a 12-month rehabilitation and Keenan will be 40 before he is able to play again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back