NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a suggestion that Div 1 won’t have relegation this season but next year the HQ might include the top 2 teams from Div 2 in Div 1. Interesting.
If there is no relegation does that mean the Div 2 Premier stays in Div 2 for another year or do they come up and create a bye.

Seems like absolute dribble some of scenarios put up here.

there will be a finals series.

NP and Fitzroy stars at this stage relegated. Hard to say either team is really stiff.
Spot on. 14 game season is fine, push back another week to get a 15th game if need be. Keep finals and relegation as is. Everyone has played under the same circumstances, the bottom sides simply aren't good enough.

How is it fair that NP doesn’t get to play Whittlesea twice and then get relegated?
Would you like me to create a list of things that are unfair due to covid. Remember Richmond won a flag playing interstate living in hotels? Was that fair?

We’ve play 11 games. Bad luck.

NP could have beaten North like Whittlesea did but they didn’t..

How is it fair that NP doesn’t get to play Whittlesea twice and then get relegated?

Fair is a very relative term here. How fair is that someone will finish 6th and maybe missed playing NP? Whit beat NH and NP have played them twice and not won. How fair is it to Div 2 Premier that wins GF and worked hard for Div 1?

With NP reserves last and no 19s maybe a drop down to regroup is a good move?

There is a lot to be looked at and any decision will mean someone can claim it is unfair. Drawing a hard line in the sand would, to me, be the logical answer. Promotion and relegation happens if we get for more games and a proper finals series. However, if this thing keeps going and we cannot finish the season then I would say no to promotion and relegation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a serious article.

The league needed a statement straight after. clearing up the decision.

legitimate question. What burden of proof do people believe needs to be presented to convict in this sort of situation?
Agree it’s not a good look but also the alleged Heidelberg player would be going through a fair bit too. Mental health is pretty common these days so all parties need to be careful how they approach this. If it has been said he needs to live with it and if it wasn’t said his name is being tarnished as well. I feel for all parties in this but the league needed to be on front foot and as usual they have been poor in their handling .. if they weren’t a laughing stock they are now ..

Agree it’s not a good look but also the alleged Heidelberg player would be going through a fair bit too. Mental health is pretty common these days so all parties need to be careful how they approach this. If it has been said he needs to live with it and if it wasn’t said his name is being tarnished as well. I feel for all parties in this but the league needed to be on front foot and as usual they have been poor in their handling .. if they weren’t a laughing stock they are now ..
Yep agreed, I mean really unless you are caught by a completely independent creditable witness your probably going to get off.

The league should have released a statement explaining what had happened, why it came to its result and what it would be implementing to avoid these incidents in the future

It's a deep article. I think it's insane that a 'victim' can't appeal a decision (so that needs to be addressed by the AFL Victoria / NFNL). I think it's insane that they asked him to take down his Facebook post (freedom of speech?)
I think it's insane that this is still happening in 2021 (but then again, why am I not surprised).
So where to from here ? And what a dangerous precedent that has been set for the next victim and perpetrator

What’s wrong with doug? Footy related injury or not?
Doug Morris through cut on his shinn apparently contracted a bad staff infection witched attacked his shoulder and landed him in hospital for two weeks apparently another 4to 6weeks of antibiotics at home through the drip similar infection to what Michael Hurley suffered yes footy related cut his shinn in the np game

Why would proctor have come forward then, the league needs to fully transparent on why it was not guilty. You have proctor and a team mate come forward with the same or similar version, casual racism needs to be stamped out in all forms of life, you'd imagine proctor will leave the league, end of season

It's a deep article. I think it's insane that a 'victim' can't appeal a decision (so that needs to be addressed by the AFL Victoria / NFNL). I think it's insane that they asked him to take down his Facebook post (freedom of speech?)
I think it's insane that this is still happening in 2021 (but then again, why am I not surprised).
So where to from here ? And what a dangerous precedent that has been set for the next victim and perpetrator

Just heard that most of the presidents have said that if the season resumes with no crowds again they wont be playing. They simply can't afford to pay players, coaches, trainers etc. On the back of no functions and home games with crowds.

Dont blame them really. Cant see next week going ahead with crowds. Realistically it might be only a couple of games before finals start.

Arrogant c&#@
Doesn’t sound anything like “Abo Dog” which was written in the paper

Just heard that most of the presidents have said that if the season resumes with no crowds again they wont be playing. They simply can't afford to pay players, coaches, trainers etc. On the back of no functions and home games with crowds.

Dont blame them really. Cant see next week going ahead with crowds. Realistically it might be only a couple of games before finals start.
the way this is travelling its more and more likely we will launch straight into finals. Maybe 1 round of games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back