NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

They got beat by 5 goals by one of the flag favourites, hardly time to panic you would imagine being Rd 1.

they don’t have a host of talls,
And if Galloway plays vfl might struggle with not much depth coming out of the 2s

They got beat by 5 goals by one of the flag favourites, hardly time to panic you would imagine being Rd 1.
They scored 0.4 across 3 quarters. The 6 goals they kicked during the third was probably a reflection of Montmorency mindset after kicking the first 9 goals of the game. It’s going to get harder as the year progresses

There seemed to be quite a bit of optimism surrounding Hurstbridge this season, I saw the game on Saturday and one telling thing I noticed was just how unfit they looked. I think they ended up with one on the bench and all of the cramps started during the third quarter. Missing their ruckman and I'm not sure who else, but certainly on the bigger grounds they will really struggle this season, Heidelberg could have inflicted much more pain had it been better conditions. Heidelberg on the other hand looked good, I could barely recognize many players but they looked sharp, a lot of kids playing and playing well. Great to have footy back.

They scored 0.4 across 3 quarters. The 6 goals they kicked during the third was probably a reflection of Montmorency mindset after kicking the first 9 goals of the game. It’s going to get harder as the year progresses
So monts mindset is to give up a 53 point lead and make the game an arm wrestle?

So monts mindset is to give up a 53 point lead and make the game an arm wrestle?

A drop in concentration maybe. Do you really consider losing a game by 29 points in which 1 side manages to hit the scoreboard for a combined 0.4 from 3 quarters while the opposition scores 9.4 an arm wrestle. It was 55 points at half time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A drop in concentration maybe. Do you really consider losing a game by 29 points in which 1 side manages to hit the scoreboard for a combined 0.4 from 3 quarters while the opposition scores 9.4 an arm wrestle. It was 55 points at half time!
The game was in the balance with 8 minutes to go so the match had been turned into an arm wrestle.
Yeh the first half was disappointing but the second half was very promising, you’ve given no credit to np and put it all down to mont losing concentration.
I’ll cherry pick like you have mont kicked 2 goals in a half of footy, one of which was a 50m penalty to the goal line, against a supposed rabble team that finished the game with no bench and there captain out all while conceding 40 points unanswered.

Blair Harvey vs. Danny Nolan in the coaching box this weekend an interesting sub-plot to the match.

There seemed to be quite a bit of optimism surrounding Hurstbridge this season, I saw the game on Saturday and one telling thing I noticed was just how unfit they looked. I think they ended up with one on the bench and all of the cramps started during the third quarter. Missing their ruckman and I'm not sure who else, but certainly on the bigger grounds they will really struggle this season, Heidelberg could have inflicted much more pain had it been better conditions. Heidelberg on the other hand looked good, I could barely recognize many players but they looked sharp, a lot of kids playing and playing well. Great to have footy back.
Lost way too much quality, of which they didn’t have a lot.
Going to a long year I believe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back