NFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe a broken ankle not allowing him to have a pre season might also be the reason, and played every game under those two so not sure about your logic there

Well i know my 🦅 were happy to see the back of Glasgow when the teams were released friday, and happy to see 🥔 avramov in to replace him but that is a topic for another day :)

I’m so confused how the topic has drifted to here.
Possibly the same way everyone else is confused why the eltham faithful continue to bring down other clubs and go out of their way to ruin reputations on every forum possible for individuals. There is always two sides to every story.

Possibly the same way everyone else is confused why the eltham faithful continue to bring down other clubs and go out of their way to ruin reputations on every forum possible for individuals. There is always two sides to every story.
Care to elaborate?

Seems like a pretty broad statement? Have you got examples of this.

I think the only person we have targeted has been Mario and that speaks for itself. The Eltham people targeted however has been unwarranted and bizarre to be fair

I think the only person we have targeted has been Mario and that speaks for itself. The Eltham people targeted however has been unwarranted and bizarre to be fair
My point from the beginning is targeting an individual on an online forum is cowardly and quite frankly doing damage probably to both parties imo.

Care to elaborate?

Seems like a pretty broad statement? Have you got examples of this.

Comments like this in case you are still perplexed...

Mario would have walked into the interview talking himself up, and saying everything the Thomastown panel would have wanted to hear. Amateurs. Time Peter cooper leaves football and starts worrying about politics again cause Thomastown hasn’t been relevant since there promotion from division 3. They should do everything in there power to get Sinclair out of retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for a club that boasts 2 successful senior teams and 2 very good under 19 teams albeit one of them is in the div 1 grand final, I think they are doing quite well for themselves and these people on bigfooty are hating on eltham because they can’t stand seeing them having a bit of success

As an "Eltham Faithful" we know we have things to work on, as do all Clubs. Its great sitting in BF potting players and Clubs. Not going to create any good but the crap that's on here atm. No need to pot players unless you come out and say who you are, very cheap and shows the character of a weak person.

Regarding Mario, personally he is a great coach, his homework and pregame preparation is second to none, he has one huge fault....he cannot communicate properly with players and at game time has the personality of a serial killer (and yes he has been known to abuse 14 year old girls one of which was a Bundoora legends relative and from what I hear he is still not happy....). I hope he actually has worked on it as he ticks 9 out of 10 boxes as a coach but the 1 he misses is a huge one, if he has then well done to Thommo, he will be worth it. FYI Mario was not sacked at Eltham, he was told that at the end of the year (his 3rd) he would have to apply as they were going to advertise, which I think is a perfectly acceptable position for them to have. He threw the toys out of the cot after that and that's why some have a bad taste in their mouth.

This week will be fascinating, hopefully both teams get the weather to put on a show. Banyule go in as favourites but if Murphy and Dimasi get off the leash then no one can stop Whittlesea. Murphy was unbelievable, the tank that kid has was amazing. We had nothing to stop him when he was in that frame of mind on Saturday. Whittlesea hopefully have a few spare $$ to keep him as I know there was Div 1 sides watching and they were amazed.

For mine this is a genuine toss of the coin, again I just hope the weather do not come into it.

Finally to drag up an old one. I would rather be at Epping for finals any day of the week compared to Preston. Epping surface was AFL level even after all the rain, their is heaps of parking and you are not treated like a leaper and allowed to go into the social rooms. Yes it gets windy but same as Preston, I really want to see the NFNL move back to Epping, we deserve that.

for a club that boasts 2 successful senior teams and 2 very good under 19 teams albeit one of them is in the div 1 grand final, I think they are doing quite well for themselves and these people on bigfooty are hating on eltham because they can’t stand seeing them having a bit of success
Think you’ll find everyone is still waiting for a truthful explanation as to why kingy was let go. And if you are bragging about success of under 19’s you are obviously a good judge of success . Don’t get me wrong it’s great have hsve the 19’s in a grand final but at the end of the day for eltham and their recent comments the senior success is number 1.

Think you’ll find everyone is still waiting for a truthful explanation as to why kingy was let go. And if you are bragging about success of under 19’s you are obviously a good judge of success . Don’t get me wrong it’s great have hsve the 19’s in a grand final but at the end of the day for eltham and their recent comments the senior success is number 1.

The truth was released by the Club and stated here. Kingy was deemed not the coach going forward and a decision was made to finish the relationship then and there. Many can say it was not perfect and that's just their opinion and they are more than welcome to it, however stop looking for something that actually is not there, there was nothing hidden in the decision, in todays world is impossible to hide things, Kingy did not do anything malicious. The timing may not have been perfect in some eyes but in the eyes of the people that made the decision it must have been. I spend a lot of time at Eltham and no one says a bad word about Kingy personally, great bloke everyone knows that, its just the people that volunteer to be in a position of running the Club felt that termination was the option. There is nothing else to it.

Agree that all Clubs are defined by their 1s but that does not take away from the importance of having good youth and development in the 2nds and 3rds.

The truth was released by the Club and stated here. Kingy was deemed not the coach going forward and a decision was made to finish the relationship then and there. Many can say it was not perfect and that's just their opinion and they are more than welcome to it, however stop looking for something that actually is not there, there was nothing hidden in the decision, in todays world is impossible to hide things, Kingy did not do anything malicious. The timing may not have been perfect in some eyes but in the eyes of the people that made the decision it must have been. I spend a lot of time at Eltham and no one says a bad word about Kingy personally, great bloke everyone knows that, its just the people that volunteer to be in a position of running the Club felt that termination was the option. There is nothing else to it.

Agree that all Clubs are defined by their 1s but that does not take away from the importance of having good youth and development in the 2nds and 3rds.
Thanks , just confirms that the “ volunteers “ react differently to those that know a thing or two about football ... and for the record I don’t know kingy !!!! I just feel and in my opinion only that the people running clubs majority of the time know stuff all about football side of things , coaches don’t get involved or tell President , committee that they don’t seem to be doing a good job or aren’t right people but they continually choose to beat their chest and let everyone know how good they are .. surely they could have waited another 5 weeks ... in just saying it doesn’t look good for the club .

Mario would have walked into the interview talking himself up, and saying everything the Thomastown panel would have wanted to hear. Amateurs. Time Peter cooper leaves football and starts worrying about politics again cause Thomastown hasn’t been relevant since there promotion from division 3. They should do everything in there power to get Sinclair out of retirement.

Shows how much you really know about Thomastown mate. Peter Cooper hasn’t had anything to do with the club in an official capacity for two years except to sponsor and have a good time with his mates

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back