Not open for further replies.

NorthernBastard

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Not actually Richmond
Greensy had a week off then smashed North Heidelberg by 98...
they've since had another week off and come up against a much better outfit than North who are in red hot form. Clearly they're the favourite, just feel it could be really close.

Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have i got this correct?

Division 2 will be going from 16 games to 18 games next season with the additions of Lower and Panton Hill and the exclusion of Whittlesea, yet the salary cap is going down?

NorthernBastard

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Not actually Richmond
nflfan

Can Boro reverse the curse of the 2nd Semi Final winner? 2 games in 4 weeks.... FWIW the last 7 Premiers, and 8 of the last 9 (Bundoora in 2011 the exception) have been the Prelim final winner, not the higher placed 2nd Semi Final winner. Should be a belter. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad.

Boro by 12 points

Rhino180

Draftee
Jul 18, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have i got this correct?

Division 2 will be going from 16 games to 18 games next season with the additions of Lower and Panton Hill and the exclusion of Whittlesea, yet the salary cap is going down?

Surely this years salary cap was pro-rata? Why would they then force players to take substantial paycuts? Setting teams up for failure.

TOUEIHSEA

Debutant
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone else hearing that Patty Flinn and others look likely to be on the move? Macleod the team. If so I can’t see Lower being anywhere near as dominate as what Whittlesea was coming down

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Anyone else hearing that Patty Flinn and others look likely to be on the move? Macleod the team. If so I can’t see Lower being anywhere near as dominate as what Whittlesea was coming down
Macleod are definitely after him, not sure if he'll go though. Premiership captain at Lower.

Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Surely this years salary cap was pro-rata? Why would they then force players to take substantial paycuts? Setting teams up for failure.

My concern is that multiple teams in Div 2 have no juniors. There's no way they can compete when Eltham, Lower, St.Marys, Banyule and Diamond Creek have large junior programs.

Teams with no Juniors have to recruit and have next to no money or points to do it with.

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Macleod are definitely after him, not sure if he'll go though. Premiership captain at Lower.

This is a result of the salary cap I would say. Lower drop from being able to use $215,000 to only being able to use $130,000

No one likes to see players go but when they are offered a substantial payment difference they have to look after themselves.

latemail

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2007
bundoora
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My concern is that multiple teams in Div 2 have no juniors. There's no way they can compete when Eltham, Lower, St.Marys, Banyule and Diamond Creek have large junior programs.

Teams with no Juniors have to recruit and have next to no money or points to do it with.
Just on the topic of teams with/without juniors have heard that Banyule have signed a MOU with Ivanhoe juniors.

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
This is a result of the salary cap I would say. Lower drop from being able to use $215,000 to only being able to use $130,000

No one likes to see players go but when they are offered a substantial payment difference they have to look after themselves.

I know a couple of people from Lower and would be very surprised if they were close to $215,000. I'd say the Div 2 Salary Cap would be much, much, more appropriate for their budget. Don't think it will be an issue that sees key players squeezed out having to pay them less

Sep 21, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tranquilli given approval to open the cheque book I’m hearing. Big club with massive amount of juniors and cash yet can play 2 div finals 🤦🏽‍♂️
I love how everyone sais open the cheque book? Everyone plays with the same cap. It’s up to that club if they spend it or not. It’s not like one club go go silly and spend big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back