NFNL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange. He left Therry Penola in the VAFA after one year, too.

He has been at Fitzroy for one summer 😂😂😂 apparently increased pressure to recruit players from the board.
They lost upwards of 12 senior players from last year as well as a number of depth players.

Not a great position for the stars to be in at this stage. Looks like they are in for a long season that’s for sure.

Its all very much fingers crossed as the current builder has more excuses for being late that I have seen. But that's what you get when the council takes the lowest bidder with little to no experience with these types of buildings.
Unfortunately Eltham isn’t the first or the last to be given slow incompetent contractors.

Apparently a lot senior players came last season for success. Under the ex coach that backfired with some blokes being disjointed over it. It wouldn’t matter who was coach this year. They were always going to be up against it. They have juniors what is the oldest age?

Without being rude to the Stars you would have to think they are a serious concern for the league moving forward. The player turnover is massive every year. Where are their juniors coming from? There's not many young families in Northcote and Thornbury these days that they can tap in to for junior and even 18/19 year old players.

The sustainability of them and and reservoir would be high on the agenda for the league.

On the flip side id imagine there is a fair bit of pressure being put on the La trobe uni amateur club to join the NFNL, given the partnership the university shares with the league and the fact that head office is now based at La Trobe uni. Matter of time before they join.

Without being rude to the Stars you would have to think they are a serious concern for the league moving forward. The player turnover is massive every year. Where are their juniors coming from? There's not many young families in Northcote and Thornbury these days that they can tap in to for junior and even 18/19 year old players.

The sustainability of them and and reservoir would be high on the agenda for the league.

On the flip side id imagine there is a fair bit of pressure being put on the La trobe uni amateur club to join the NFNL, given the partnership the university shares with the league and the fact that head office is now based at La Trobe uni. Matter of time before they join.
Latrobes turn over is the same.
It’s a social club for uni students that’s it. Would not work in the NFNL.

Should be approaching Parade,Kinglake, Warrandyte, Templestowe types

Think you'll find the next team will be Wollert/North Epping. There was an article somewhere last year about it.

Warrandyte and Templestowe have been approached multiple times.

100% agree.

Also funding for the football club from the uni was ceased few years back.
also a lot of country kids now go play first div nfl or higher grade ammos they struggled to attract players.

Mark this date down, wheels are in motion for Parade to become the newest addition to the NFNL for season 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be trying to get the likes of Wallan back to the league they have a massive area to grow with and have the junior boy and girls in the league. It's a no brainer. They may have to come into the comp via divy 3

Keep hearing rumours that Ivanhoe AFC could be keen - them and Parade would be geographically ideal

Would have to do a fair bit (read A LOT) of work first - on and off the field - to consider a move to the NFNL. That said, many, many players originally from IAFC (and our junior affiliated club) now play in the NFNL and enjoy the competition. So IMO - you never say never and continue to look at ALL options to the betterment of your football club.

Chump.

Guess he is staying for now, but I usually find smoke and fire, so will be interesting to see how it plays out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200227-160946_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200227-160946_Instagram.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 187
or maybe you and your ‘source’ are just plain wrong?..

Clearly I wasn't the only one hearing it, judging by there use of language in the Instagram post.
Also my "source" is involved in coaching their so thought it was worth repeating.
Happy to see him stay but feel they are up against it as a club this year, will see how they look numbers wise at the intraclub tonight, first hit out is usually a good guide to true numbers for practice matches.

[/QUOte
I doubt that latrobe will leave the ammos as it would take a major rewriting of their constitution to go to the NNFL.
There is still enough of the old heads around the club that are still major movers and shakers that would veto any move

Latrobe would finish bottom 3 in div 3
Yeah as I said before. No refunding for la Trobe uni and now uni students choose to go suburban clubs eg- Watsonia now have a in their system most years.

La Trobe moving to the northern has been raised many times before. But the old folk are too humble to past judgement. And move across

Guess he is staying for now, but I usually find smoke and fire, so will be interesting to see how it plays out
Dean doesn’t seem to stay at clubs for long. Great bloke (Probably why he says yes to jobs) but has trouble drawing players from Melb clubs. Most recruits are from NT and some of them don’t end up coming or don’t like it in Melb and head home. Best suited to assistant role.

Dean doesn’t seem to stay at clubs for long. Great bloke (Probably why he says yes to jobs) but has trouble drawing players from Melb clubs. Most recruits are from NT and some of them don’t end up coming or don’t like it in Melb and head home. Best suited to assistant role.

I think it is also worth noting he has walked into nothing short of a bloody hard job at Fitzroy who have been through more coaches than seasons of late and have struggled with player retention.
Hayden Heta did a phenomenal job recruiting some very good players but most were in the twighlight of their careers or glory hunting and have left as fast as they arrived (as did Heta).
I don't think anyone would blame him walking away but everyone is happy to see him stay and are hopeful he is somewhat successful there.
A successful Fitzroy stars makes for a much more interesting div 2 for sure!

I think it is also worth noting he has walked into nothing short of a bloody hard job at Fitzroy who have been through more coaches than seasons of late and have struggled with player retention.
Hayden Heta did a phenomenal job recruiting some very good players but most were in the twighlight of their careers or glory hunting and have left as fast as they arrived (as did Heta).
I don't think anyone would blame him walking away but everyone is happy to see him stay and are hopeful he is somewhat successful there.
A successful Fitzroy stars makes for a much more interesting div 2 for sure!
Would they be in danger of relegation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back