NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Call again

Rookie
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Eltham played Macleod yesterday apparently a 20+ goal win to Macleod. Not sure who either side had in/out

Can anyone from Eltham explain this thrashing?
Even with a lot of under 19s in, I would have expected a more competitive game than that!

Can anyone from Eltham explain this thrashing? Even with a lot of under 19s in, I would have expected a more competitive game than that!

Macleod were very good, it is that simple.

Great lesson for some young Panthers, one small mistake and a very good side kicks a goal. When in front of goals they kick them.

On the small ground the experienced and bigger body's put alot of pressure on and Eltham coughed it up and where punished.

At times Eltham looked OK, yes they had a few out but that means nothing, you compete with what you rock up with. Do not think coaches will look to much into it, maybe it showed that looking awesome on the training track means nothing when you cannot deliver the ball under pressure.

Strong wins by Eltham's 19s and Reserves was encouraging.

Macleod were very good, it is that simple.

Great lesson for some young Panthers, one small mistake and a very good side kicks a goal. When in front of goals they kick them.

On the small ground the experienced and bigger body's put alot of pressure on and Eltham coughed it up and where punished.

At times Eltham looked OK, yes they had a few out but that means nothing, you compete with what you rock up with. Do not think coaches will look to much into it, maybe it showed that looking awesome on the training track means nothing when you cannot deliver the ball under pressure.

Strong wins by Eltham's 19s and Reserves was encouraging.

Thanks for that. Hopefully (for Eltham supporters) an early wake up call. No easy games in div2 this year.

Maybe it just shows the gap between Div 1 and Div 2 is massive. Like we have known for a long time. Only a couple have come up and held there own

Naturally there is a gap between the two as there is in all suburban football. However Eltham who is probably equal or second favourite to win the div 2 flag, has a supposedly very good list and was a competitive div 1 side only two or three years ago shouldn't really be expecting a flogging like that, even against a strong McLeod.

I believe any of Banyule, Thomastown, Eltham, Diamond Creek or Lower Plenty could win the flag this year and given good recruiting could consolidate in division 1.

Whittelsea look set to give it a good shake this year.

Few interesting results from today's games, who surprised you the most after week 1

Naturally there is a gap between the two as there is in all suburban football. However Eltham who is probably equal or second favourite to win the div 2 flag, has a supposedly very good list and was a competitive div 1 side only two or three years ago shouldn't really be expecting a flogging like that, even against a strong McLeod.

I believe any of Banyule, Thomastown, Eltham, Diamond Creek or Lower Plenty could win the flag this year and given good recruiting could consolidate in division 1.

Whittelsea look set to give it a good shake this year.
Whittlesea are set to give what a good shake?

Looks like the AFL recommencement date will be delayed, which will affect the starting dates of local leagues.

Looking hard pressed to get up and running i would think.
I wouldn’t have thought that has any significance. All football originally postponed until May 31 and current restrictions in place until May 12. Makes sense to delay announcements to fit in around those dates.

Have looked at Division 2 teams of the last decade There have been 131 players selected during that time Again I have selected this team on model of consistency with nominations
Some players have been selected after receiving selection in both Division 1 and Divisoon 2, however these players have received multiple selections

B: T Loader (4) D Saddington (3) J Baddlye-Kelly (2)
HB: J King (4) M Lonegan (3) H Kavanagh (3)
C: L Proctor (5) D Moore (4) S Dowell (4)
HF: M Vasilevski (4) D Barden (4) A Woods (4)
F: S Harvey (5) A Fairchild (3) J Hayes (5)
R: J Page (4) P Hood (4) L Gilbert (3)
Inter: P Flynn (4) J Norman (3) B Barden (3) T Hughes (3)

Captain: L Proctor
Vice Captain D Moore and S Harvey

Selected Page over Flynn just as Page had 2 Division 1 team of the year selections

There was 37 players that had been selected into 2 team of the years

Again not necessarily the best players, more consistency and I would think this would be a pretty good team to put out on the park each week

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Joyce Macleod played mostly senior footy in recent years attempting to come to banyule first clearance denied could be a handy half forward flanker.

A family friend has moved over from WA and is living close to Watsonia’s ground. He is thinking of going down for there for a kick and asked me about the club.

He’s a decent player... not a superstar but can play. He’d be a good Div 2 player. What’s Watsonia like in terms of club culture, coach etc. I’m good mates with his old man so don’t want to send him to a rabble.

A family friend has moved over from WA and is living close to Watsonia’s ground. He is thinking of going down for there for a kick and asked me about the club.

He’s a decent player... not a superstar but can play. He’d be a good Div 2 player. What’s Watsonia like in terms of club culture, coach etc. I’m good mates with his old man so don’t want to send him to a rabble.
If he wants to have a crack at Div 1 North Heidelberg with Jason Heatley ex West Coast/St Kilda at the helm finished 3rd in seasons 2018/2019 after promotion from Div 2 & going in the right direction.
More than welcome.

Watsy are a well run club and friendly they will make him feel like he belongs and has mates ,They are used to doing this as they get quite a few players from a near by uni most of theses guys hang around well after their coarses are finished if the stay in the city and not go home to the bush.They will be playing out of a different ground for a couple of years due to the north east link send him down for a run The senior coach is George Latouff he's a good bloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back