NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

No way certainly not writing off Thomastown or Panther and St Mary’s for that matter.

Panthers big losses, and wouldn’t have st marys near the top 3 teams at all..

Diamo before burra tho??

Could be a year where we see top 3 teams dominate the rest and that top 2 will be vital

Big issue with thomo this year was getting the players on the park, classy silky team when fully strengthened that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Currie probably as he is still pretty young

Just need to do exactly what Macleod/Boro did. Could win a D2 and D1 flag. In years to come. People forget both those sides were D2 and built via their locals.
Agree but to do that you need to accept where you are at. Take a step back, and stop playing the old warriors. They are no longer getting the job done.

Agree but to do that you need to accept where you are at. Take a step back, and stop playing the old warriors. They are no longer getting the job done.
Sounds like that will happen naturally this year tbh. Plenty of gun kids coming through, wouldn’t be surprised if they actually go better.

Panthers big losses, and wouldn’t have st marys near the top 3 teams at all..

Diamo before burra tho??

Could be a year where we see top 3 teams dominate the rest and that top 2 will be vital

Big issue with thomo this year was getting the players on the park, classy silky team when fully strengthened that’s for sure

Forgot Diamo. Yep they’ll certainly be in it.

St Mary’s seem keen to keep building through their juniors which will end up working as tbh they are seriously strong. Won’t happen overnight. They are super inconsistent beating Thomastown then losing to Panton Hill.

Panthers should have put some resources into holding one of caff or Currie. Who's the bigger loss.
Currie Macaffer Rogers and possibly another 1-2 could be leaving also. I think these are to bigger losses for Eltham in the short term to challenge next season. Macaffer a seriously dominant player and consistent, never missed games. Currie when he wasn’t injured so important at either end. Hard to judge who’s the bigger loss.

But I think it’s now Lower and Banyule and then daylight. Thomastown improved last year but they can’t match it with those two teams. Eltham and Diamo to follow along with St Marys but those 3 making up the numbers in finals for me next season.

Currie Macaffer Rogers and possibly another 1-2 could be leaving also. I think these are to bigger losses for Eltham in the short term to challenge next season. Macaffer a seriously dominant player and consistent, never missed games. Currie when he wasn’t injured so important at either end. Hard to judge who’s the bigger loss.

But I think it’s now Lower and Banyule and then daylight. Thomastown improved last year but they can’t match it with those two teams. Eltham and Diamo to follow along with St Marys but those 3 making up the numbers in finals for me next season.
Agreed. It’s Lower and Banyule a mile ahead. Thomastown got lucky against an inaccurate Eltham last year but are always an injury or 2 away from the mid pack

I think it’s
Lower - Banyule

Diamond Creek - Eltham

Thomastown -St Marys

Watsonia

Epping - Stars - Panton Hill

Last edited:
Agreed. It’s Lower and Banyule a mile ahead. Thomastown got lucky against an immaculate Eltham last year but are always an injury or 2 away from the mid.

I think it’s
Lower - Banyule

Diamond Creek - Eltham

Thomastown -St Marys

Watsonia

Epping - Stars - Panton Hill

It's going to be interesting as some teams haven't played each other since 2019, think most teams will have one or two teams they haven't played against and playing lists are changing yearly. Lower seem to have the better top end players going into 2022.

Seems to be some amazing early calls. Whilst some are probably on the money St Mary's and Watsonia surprised a few last year and it seemed to be just inconsistency that cost them a few more wins.

Inconsistency is the big thing that will separate the top two (Lower and Banyule) and the rest. Whomever can find consistency will be up there to tackle them to in finals.

But in the end we are a long way out and we are all really speculating. Suppose lockdowns have us needing something to talk about.

Hope everyone has booked in for a beer somewhere Friday and hope it tastes as good as I know my first handle of draught will.

It's going to be interesting as some teams haven't played each other since 2019, think most teams will have one or two teams they haven't played against and playing lists are changing yearly. Lower seem to have the better top end players going into 2022.
Banyule will have something up it’s sleeve. Always do!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be some amazing early calls. Whilst some are probably on the money St Mary's and Watsonia surprised a few last year and it seemed to be just inconsistency that cost them a few more wins.

Inconsistency is the big thing that will separate the top two (Lower and Banyule) and the rest. Whomever can find consistency will be up there to tackle them to in finals.

But in the end we are a long way out and we are all really speculating. Suppose lockdowns have us needing something to talk about.

Hope everyone has booked in for a beer somewhere Friday and hope it tastes as good as I know my first handle of draught will.

i think you’ve hit this 1000% on the head

I think watsy and burra are neck and neck. Watsonia should’ve won round 1 if anyone saw inaccuracy killed them. Besides that tho both st marys and watsonia played relatively well against top teams. St marys beating thomo, Watsonia losing to eltham by a kick on the siren, and getting close to lower and from memory st marys getting close if not beating diamo(can’t remember exactly)

But both teams struggled with consistency. Watsonia losing to epping, St marys losing to panton..

Another year of development for each st marys and watsonia’s young group of players could see more improvement the upcoming season..

Will be interesting to see who gets relegated after the season. Early favourites would have to be fitzroy or epping looking at just the sightings and departures

Haven’t seen much from panton does anyone have any thoughts on there off-season?
big losses etc

Exodus is an exaggeration, but it will still hurt losing players of macaffer,currie and keys ability and experience. Having said that, it gives opportunity to the younger
players, who have a great coach for this situation. Salary cap opens up for them to
recruit a gun.

Exodus is an exaggeration, but it will still hurt losing players of macaffer,currie and keys ability and experience. Having said that, it gives opportunity to the younger
players, who have a great coach for this situation. Salary cap opens up for them to
recruit a gun.
Like McLinden 😲

recruit a gun.
Lost 4 A graders so far in Macaffer Currie Rogers and Keys. Told today that the two Carafa boys have moved on to St Marys also. Whilst not huge names they were both pretty handy players. Could be more to come apparently. So I think it’s a fair exodus so far. If you haven’t picked up any big recruits yet then I don’t know if you will. Pre season isn’t that far away. But I’m happy to be proven wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back