NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard Lower have had a crisis meeting regarding two ex players wanting to return to coach together…
There was talk of these two taking over last year... Wouldn't be a good move for the club tbh...

Might need to try & talk Ramsay out of retirement, although considering he was burnt once by them highly unlikely.

NP V THOMO - Close game northcote to edge it at home by 6 points

DC V PH - DC by 60

ELTHAM V SM- Eltham by 70+

LP V STM - STM by 30+

WAT V EPP - WAT by 85+

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lower in a world of hurt.

Plunkett has done what was asked and moved them on.

But the club is still a bitchy club that lets players have to much say.

9 under 19’s and an under 17 in the 22 today. Doubt whether they are the bitchy type and enforcing their “say”!
Wonder who down there has a record like him as a coach that has that sort of say. Very weird for others than the coach picking teams isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 under 19’s and an under 17 in the 22 today. Doubt whether they are the bitchy type and enforcing their “say”!
Wonder who down there has a record like him as a coach that has that sort of say. Very weird for others than the coach picking teams isn't it?

Yep, I made a comment suggesting that Plunkett has a very decent record (which 4 or 5 flags would suggest he does) and that a coach picks the team at most (I would have thought many or all) clubs)

Yep, I made a comment suggesting that Plunkett has a very decent record (which 4 or 5 flags would suggest he does) and that a coach picks the team at most (I would have thought many or all) clubs)
From what I've heard there are more than a few who have have been a bit underwhelmed with the coach since he was signed.. Hence the mass exodus last year having said that these same players were the ones to have the previous premiership coach sacked.

I'd be smelling blood in the water if I was Epping.

Have heard Lower have had a crisis meeting regarding two ex players wanting to return to coach together…
Doubt this will put anything to bed but here goes.

• No crisis meeting ever took place
• No former players have been spoken to or contacted club re coaching.
• One former player was contacted via phone to ascertain his playing future when it was found out he was moving on from his recent club. He chose a different course, which isn’t an issue.
• Re Denny’s comment on picking of side. Coaches pick their teams, no one else.

Finally, I’ve been at every training session and can’t speak highly enough of Phil and all the coaches for the efforts to deal with probably the youngest list in the whole NFL, keep them enthused, and hopefully chalk up some wins shortly. The enthusiasm and vibe from the group as a whole has always been up, and that is mainly due to the coaching staff and club as a whole for supporting them fully.

So I don’t know where if anywhere you got your “scoop”, but it’s totally incorrect, and all it does is create a bit of “ me time” for you and cause I dare say intended grief that is upsetting for people giving total commitment in a challenging situation.

Feel free to msg me directly here or email me at brutal662004@yahoo.com.au to clarify any other gossip you come across.

• One former player was contacted via phone to ascertain his playing future when it was found out he was moving on from his recent club. He chose a different course, which isn’t an issue.

Finally, I’ve been at every training session and can’t speak highly enough of Phil and all the coaches for the efforts to deal with probably the youngest list in the whole NFL, keep them enthused, and hopefully chalk up some wins shortly. The enthusiasm and vibe from the group as a whole has always been up, and that is mainly due to the coaching staff and club as a whole for supporting them fully.

So I don’t know where if anywhere you got your “scoop”, but it’s totally incorrect, and all it does is create a bit of “ me time” for you and cause I dare say intended grief that is upsetting for people giving total commitment in a challenging situation.

Feel free to msg me directly here or email me at brutal662004@yahoo.com.au to clarify any other gossip you come across.

Why call out my comment when all I did was comment on someone else saying others had influenced selection, all I said to his comment was it was unusual if true.

Settle mate, you have been on this platform long enough to know 90% of it is dribble. It thrives on gossip.

The long winded responses if anything makes the entire situation more suss. If absolute tosh just ignore it… it’s a big footy post. Seems like the clubs in damage control after the leak.

Should be an absolute cracking game this Saturday at Central.
Western Bulldogs & Collingwood VFL side both have byes. You would think Booth & Greenfield both play for the Creekers. Very handy inclusions. Creekers would almost be at full strength minus Marshall. Any other notable outs for both sides?

Should be an absolute pleasure to watch weather permitting!

Should be an absolute cracking game this Saturday at Central.
Western Bulldogs & Collingwood VFL side both have byes. You would think Booth & Greenfield both play for the Creekers. Very handy inclusions. Creekers would almost be at full strength minus Marshall. Any other notable outs for both sides?

Should be an absolute pleasure to watch weather permitting!
Macpherson also for Creek Id imagine

3 out of 5 missing on Northcote Park and Panton Hill

Winner of the round: Panton Hill we travelled to Coventry oval and in a low scoring game beat the previously undefeated Demons. After being down by 10 points at half time a 5 goal to 2 second half secured them an important win. Sets up a huge clash against St Marys this week

Loser of the week: Thomastown, the inconsistency of the bears must be frustrating for coaching staff, players and supporters of the Thomo bears. They will look to bounce back this week in the battle of the bears with Lower Plenty travelling to Main st reserve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back