NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Name your mate and name the players that have been announced as committed that aren’t, that’s one of the stupidest comments I’ve read on this page of make believe….
Calm down fella, I’m only telling what a member of your club has told me

it’s sort of surprising how much Northcote struggles with players when they have so many VAFA clubs nearby paying $0
Was the NP culture damaged from way back when they just threw money everywhere and therefore lack a base of past players putting something back in? Genuine question

Was the NP culture damaged from way back when they just threw money everywhere and therefore lack a base of past players putting something back in? Genuine question
What you say definitely has some merit, compounded by Northcote juniors (independent club) dropping off at U/15, there’s no feed of kids and families.
The other junior clubs in the area simply do it better. The kids stay invested and flow through to senior football.

Any word on D’Intinosante future at the burgers? Will he be at piranha park next year or is he committed fully to being a lion. Will be interesting to see him after a stella finals series. Deserves a real go at better footy

Any word on D’Intinosante future at the burgers? Will he be at piranha park next year or is he committed fully to being a lion. Will be interesting to see him after a stella finals series. Deserves a real go at better footy
Would be best getting away from Coburg with their current coaching setup. Hopefully he commits full time tomSth Morang.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Panton Hill, not hearing much movement, after their failed bids for stars lochie hill and matt lewis out of greensborough.., hopefully so more movement soon ? ? ?

Any news on Panton Hill, not hearing much movement, after their failed bids for stars lochie hill and matt lewis out of greensborough.., hopefully so more movement soon ? ? ?
Yep they are usually pretty active. But i dare say would have spent close to the cap. They have signed "95%" of their group according to their socials so thats the main thing.

Also just got word apparently Leigh bumpstead also a chance to return to the lions den. Him and Shem reuniting one last time to again light up mill park lakes reserve?
Huge if true! Also just got word from a really good source that southy have had multiple conversations with glen esnouf. He’s a little bit long in the tooth but would be a huge pick up having a great influence on the youth coming through.

Huge if true! Also just got word from a really good source that southy have had multiple conversations with glen esnouf. He’s a little bit long in the tooth but would be a huge pick up having a great influence on the youth coming through.
Jesus, if that’s true the lions are absolutely building a talented squad with them 3 veterans. Can only picture that’s it a matter of time before Malcolm hiho comes back for a run. Very versatile swing man will be sure to add fuel to Morangs premiership aspirations.

Northcote apparently appointing Anthony Palmer from Heidelberg as its coach. Is this linked to the Matt Smith rumours?

Jesus, if that’s true the lions are absolutely building a talented squad with them 3 veterans. Can only picture that’s it a matter of time before Malcolm hiho comes back for a run. Very versatile swing man will be sure to add fuel to Morangs premiership aspirations

That's not really too smart recruiting getting too many old guys. My question is are they trying to get to div 1 to early and not really build a div1 squad with depth,If south do by chance snag a premiership next year then I bet most if not all the old boys will go as they won't want to commit to what it takes to stay in div one .

That's not really too smart recruiting getting too many old guys. My question is are they trying to get to div 1 to early and not really build a div1 squad with depth,If south do by chance snag a premiership next year then I bet most if not all the old boys will go as they won't want to commit to what it takes to stay in div one .
I see where you are coming from mate I really do, but these 4 veterans Joseph , bumpstead , esnouf and hiho i believe have recently come off stints at vfl level and have so much run left in those old fragile legs. Defiantly have what it takes at top flight and could be a real game changer for lions moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back