NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I see where you are coming from mate I really do, but these 4 veterans Joseph , bumpstead , esnouf and hiho i believe have recently come off stints at vfl level and have so much run left in those old fragile legs. Defiantly have what it takes at top flight and could be a real game changer for lions moving forward.
well that's great news I am not knocking just concerned , I still worry they might be trying to get there asap without putting a solid foundation in place eg squad, finances and committee as the jump to the next div is huge and it takes preparation and planing for a whole club not just the senior 1st team to stay up and be competitive in the next div.I don't want to see them yoyo up and down like a few years ago which took them a few years to recover . You need constantly deep pockets to play with the big boys in div 1

That's not really too smart recruiting getting too many old guys. My question is are they trying to get to div 1 to early and not really build a div1 squad with depth,If south do by chance snag a premiership next year then I bet most if not all the old boys will go as they won't want to commit to what it takes to stay in div one .
i see Whittlesea doing this exact same thing.
Again!

i see Whittlesea doing this exact same thing.
Again!
NFNL Member
Recruiting old guys
Or winning and going straight back up to Division 1.
Coen is a good pick up and have retain most of their list, not sure Murphy has re-signed though which will be a big loss though Hobbs is a good replacement

NFNL Member
Recruiting old guys
Or winning and going straight back up to Division 1.
Coen is a good pick up and have retain most of their list, not sure Murphy has re-signed though which will be a big loss though Hobbs is a good replacement
i think they will be the side to beat in Div 2, what happens if they do win it and go back up to Div 1?
Im saying they are in the same boat as Sth Morang, i agree with the previous message, do they have a plan beyond winning Div 2?
Or do all the experienced players hang up the boots and you are back to being a Div 1 easy beat, get relegated......Groundhog Day
Im talking Whittlesea here not Morang as they havent been in this position before.

That's not really too smart recruiting getting too many old guys. My question is are they trying to get to div 1 to early and not really build a div1 squad with depth,If south do by chance snag a premiership next year then I bet most if not all the old boys will go as they won't want to commit to what it takes to stay in div one .
Their list seems young to me? Can’t see the issue.

South Morang may just put a whole new 22 out there round 1 with all these signings. Just got word from a very good source at the club that Shem Joseph is a lock and is on serious coin.

i think they will be the side to beat in Div 2, what happens if they do win it and go back up to Div 1?
Im saying they are in the same boat as Sth Morang, i agree with the previous message, do they have a plan beyond winning Div 2?
Or do all the experienced players hang up the boots and you are back to being a Div 1 easy beat, get relegated......Groundhog Day
Im talking Whittlesea here not Morang as they havent been in this position before.
South Morang may just put a whole new 22 out there round 1 with all these signings. Just got word from a very good source at the club that Shem Joseph is a lock and is on serious coin.
As expected i thought they would get the Shem deal over the line. No surprises there about his contract , very talented and has an X factor you will not see much in local footy. Great pick up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like that mob from Doreen have re signed Nathan Andrews that’s handy.. there still gonna be bottom 2 though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like that mob from Doreen have re signed Nathan Andrews that’s handy.. there still gonna be bottom 2 though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Big Kangaroo i think a lot thought they same about Sth Morang last year and they played finals
Laurimar will be fine, good depth in 2’s and 19’s.
Young core group who are looking forward to challenge of playing more competitive footy each week
If league has any brains first round should be
Diamond Creek vs Panton Hill
Thomastown vs Sth Morang
St Marys vs Watsonia
Northcote Park vs Lower Plenty
Laurimar vs Whittlesea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back