NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Whit
DC
St Marys
3 stand out top 3’s

South paying too many players bulk coin, will cause drama’s. Will sneak in as 5th

4th spot between Thommo / PH

Whit
DC
St Marys
3 stand out top 3’s

South paying too many players bulk coin, will cause drama’s. Will sneak in as 5th

1710890227208.png
You've clearly changed your mind about South, hey Lenny?
Panton Hill top 4? After last years effort and now losing Keys... not sure about that.

View attachment 1933523
You've clearly changed your mind about South, hey Lenny?
Panton Hill top 4? After last years effort and now losing Keys... not sure about that.
Yep 100% admit change of heart. Just thinking buying players doesn’t build a team with good culture and sometimes can be detrimental to onfield success . Just my opinion.

Also i think if lower plenty knights kids are available I think that goes a long way to them staying in div 2 and NP will go down. The lower kids can seriously play

Yep 100% admit change of heart. Just thinking buying players doesn’t build a team with good culture and sometimes can be detrimental to onfield success . Just my opinion.

Also i think if lower plenty knights kids are available I think that goes a long way to them staying in div 2 and NP will go down. The lower kids can seriously play
Good of you to own it. Agreed with LP, I think NP are in big strife.

Good of you to own it. Agreed with LP, I think NP are in big strife.
NP have only lost 3 to Epping according to the transfers and have 9 incoming (not sure of quality). overall it’s not a max exodus so they might be ok. They nearly made finals last year and were a long way off relegated.

Lower have picked up basically no one and lost a few older heads. The kids might be good enough to keep them up who knows.

Whit
DC
St Marys
3 stand out top 3’s

Surely the NFNL salary cap will be enforced for Souff Moroang?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From HS

Watsonia looking for existing, new players to step up in NFNL Division 2​

The need to replace key players has opened up several opportunities at Watsonia with existing and new players ready to step up this season.

Opportunity abounds at Watsonia.
There are several senior spots up for grabs this season and the chance to repeat last season’s drought-breaking NFNL Division 2 finals appearance.

The Saints were plundered by division rivals over the off-season but have in turn recruited strongly.

The club will also trust in the continued development of its graduated under-19s, which won the Division 3 premiership in 2022 and stepped up to Division 2 last season.

Watsonia will look to replace the likes of league-leading goalkicker James Lucente, Julian Janev, Charlie Khoury (all Thomastown), Kobe and Teague van Zwienen (both South Morang) and Adrian Alfonsi (Epping).

The 2019 Division 1 under-19 league best-and-fairest Rayden Garrard (Greensborough), Tim Todd, Baxter Evans (both Heidelberg), Damon Braby (Eltham), Ethan Lowe (Macleod) and Cody Tulloch (Bright) have come in.

Saints coach George Lattouf said there were several young players also ready to step up.

“I’ve said before, it just provides opportunity for other players,” Lattouf said.

“We’ve picked up a couple of players from other clubs – our best recruiters are our players – which shows our culture is pretty good.

“Those guys that have left, good luck to them, but we move on pretty quickly.

“We’ve got Ray Garrard in from Greensborough, Ethan Lowe from Macleod, Damo Braby from Eltham and Tim Todd from Heidelberg.

“Our existing players also need to step up like Dan Annetta and our under-19s like Nick Lawson and James Charbel and Ben Parkes, these young kids have an opportunity to play senior football.”

The elimination final experience ended in a 79-point defeat at the hands of South Morang.

Lattouf said the club had worked hard over the summer tweaking its gameplan after the loss.

The Saints have had two practice matches, beating Division 3 grand finalist Mernda and losing to Eastern Division 2 grand finalist Heathmont.

A final hitout against Essendon District Division 2 premier Oak Park is on Saturday.

Lattouf said he was pleased with how the squad had adapted over summer.

“The whole playing group has been working hard.

“Josh Boulton has had a big pre-season, Corey Potter, Dan Annetta, all our recruits have hardly missed a session, which is great, and the young guys have stepped up,” he said.

“We want to continue to work on our gameplan and fitness, our ambition is exactly the same as last year – get in that top-five area.

“That’s the fundamental goal, we’ll take it week-by-week and look for consistency and improvement in every game.

“(Finals) was a good experience for our playing group.

“Respect to South Morang, they played a great game, but for us that’s our learning, we took away a couple of things to work on in the pre-season.

“That’s our benchmark, it get back in the top-five again.”

Boulton and Lucente were named in the Division 2 Team of the Year last season, while Riley Taylor and Lucente both placed in the top-10 in the league best-and-fairest.

Jack Larkin was a runaway winner in the reserve grade league medal.

Practice matches for this weekend

Diamond Creek vs Marcellin diamond Creek
Whittlesea vs Carey @whittlesea
Sth Morang vs Surrey Park @Marymede
Northcote park vs Seymour seymour
Watsonia vs Oak Park @Oak Park
Panton Hill vs Mernda @Mernda
Lower Plenty vs Heidelberg West @Heid West
Laurimar vs Macleod @Laurimar
Thomastown vs Deer Park @ Thomastown

St Marys - unsure

Practice matches for this weekend

Diamond Creek vs Marcellin diamond Creek
Whittlesea vs Carey @whittlesea
Sth Morang vs Surrey Park @Marymede
Northcote park vs Seymour seymour
Watsonia vs Oak Park @Oak Park
Panton Hill vs Mernda @Mernda
Lower Plenty vs Heidelberg West @Heid West
Laurimar vs Macleod @Laurimar
Thomastown vs Deer Park @ Thomastown

St Marys - unsure

St Mary’s are at Kings Park Reserve tomorrow taking on St Albans.

Last edited:
The real stuff starts next week so time for the ladder predictions based on all the BS we were told over preseason!

• South Morang
  • Diamo
  • Whittlesea

- Thommo

• St Marys
  • Northcote Park
  • Laurimar
  • Lower Plenty
  • Panton Hill
  • Watsonia

Picked South to finish on top simply because they have the best mid fielder in DIV 2 - Reckon any of the Top 3 can win it - Huge gap between the top 4 sides and the bottom 6 sides IMO.
Looking forward to watching some DIV 2 footy with the top 3 sides when the DIV 1 games allow.

Seymour 106 Northcote Park 46
Seymour played Nagambie in the 2’s
Any one from the Cougars now why there 2’s didn’t play
Whittlesea beat Old Carey 6-21-57 to 5-7-37

Seymour 106 Northcote Park 46
Seymour played Nagambie in the 2’s
Any one from the Cougars now why there 2’s didn’t play
Whittlesea beat Old Carey 6-21-57 to 5-7-37
6 goals 21? what happened there? windy, boggy or just crap kicking?

The real stuff starts next week so time for the ladder predictions based on all the BS we were told over preseason!

• South Morang
  • Diamo
  • Whittlesea

- Thommo

• St Marys
  • Northcote Park
  • Laurimar
  • Lower Plenty
  • Panton Hill
  • Watsonia

Picked South to finish on top simply because they have the best mid fielder in DIV 2 - Reckon any of the Top 3 can win it - Huge gap between the top 4 sides and the bottom 6 sides IMO.
Looking forward to watching some DIV 2 footy with the top 3 sides when the DIV 1 games allow.
Share yours giggly denny crane and we can compare at years end

• South Morang
  • Diamo
  • Whittlesea

- Thommo

• St Marys
  • Northcote Park
  • Laurimar
  • Lower Plenty
  • Panton Hill
  • Watsonia

Panton Hill got done by Mernda by about 12goals, only saw 2nd half, pretty willing game

Thomastown got rolled by Deer Park today at Thomastown. Great hit out! From what I seen no injuries from either side.
Good luck for the year Thomastown.

SWOOPINGTIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Back